Coronavirus

I'd say it is still being well observed very well up here in Aberdeenshire, which has been the case for the whole lockdown period.

But a second phase is coming before we are even finished the first. We "only" suffered 324 Covid-19 deaths yesterday in the UK (for perspective, that is 65 more than died at Lockerbie). It is more than Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Turkey, Poland, Romania & Hungary combined! 😟
Opening things up too soon, shows that we are not yet ready, to deal with this
We are doing what we can, to stay safe, and still maintain 'life' as we know it

Trump encouraging the MAGA's to counter the protestors,and threatening to bring in the military with "big guns and big dogs" the feckin maniac has lost the plot (or has he?)
I don’t think Trumps as stupid as he appears I think the 1% have cleaned the house out and are gonna burn it down to hide the evidence but as always they use others to do the dirty work by fermenting a race war and after weeks of being locked up people are ready to blow

Spot on DILL this thing has no time line! Being human we need interaction and there's the flaw, hate to be one to preach, fuckin wake up it's not gone away be sensible and stick to what works as heart breaking as that is.be safe if not for yourself, the ones that count! Rant over.

I don’t think Trumps as stupid as he appears I think the 1% have cleaned the house out and are gonna burn it down to hide the evidence but as always they use others to do the dirty work by fermenting a race war and after weeks of being locked up people are ready to blow
Seriously fuck off! You don't think he's not an idiot after 3yrs in Office? Bolt ya fuckin clown! Keep your opinion to some platform that plays with crayons! FUCK OFF seriously.

Dogs of war and men of hate
With no cause, we don't discriminate
Discovery is to be disowned
Our currency is flesh and bone
Hell opened up and put on sale
Gather 'round and haggle
For hard cash, we will lie and deceive
Even our masters don't know the web we weave
One world, it's a battleground
One world, and we will smash it down
One world, one world
Invisible transfers, long distance calls,
Hollow laughter in marble halls
Steps have been taken, a silent uproar
Has unleashed the dogs of war
You can't stop what has begun
Signed, sealed, they deliver oblivion
We all have a dark side, to say the least
And dealing in death is the nature of the beast
One world, one world
The dogs of war don't negotiate
The dogs of war won't capitulate,
They will take and you will give,
And you must die so that they may live
You can knock at any door,
But wherever you go, you know they've been there before
Well winners can lose and things can get strained
But whatever you change, you know the dogs remain.
One world, one world

I'd say it is still being well observed very well up here in Aberdeenshire, which has been the case for the whole lockdown period.

But a second phase is coming before we are even finished the first. We "only" suffered 324 Covid-19 deaths yesterday in the UK (for perspective, that is 65 more than died at Lockerbie). It is more than Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Turkey, Poland, Romania & Hungary combined! 😟
😠 Numbers down all across the board this end ,not worth the diesel money yet 🚜

Trump encouraging the MAGA's to counter the protestors,and threatening to bring in the military with "big guns and big dogs" the feckin maniac has lost the plot (or has he?)
Nope, Mick. This bastard knows exactly what he is doing. Stirring up shit because he knows its a vote winner with the racist fuckwits.

And as the world economy crashes into a depression then expect the far right in many countries to get stronger as they always do throughout history, as its easier to blame those nasty foreigners, immigrants and people of other ethnicity for the working class being worse off.

He'll walk free they have already leaked that the PM results showed he had ,,,wait for it ,,,irregular substance in his blood so that is the line that will see him walk free

justice has to be seen to be done
Great words, all of them. Check the last time a "white policeman" done time for the crimes or was held accountable , Race hate crimes with a badge no more no less!

Totally agree MMM,suits his base support, the MAGA's,oddly enough, the last person who tried to incite a race war in the states, was Charlie Manson!

Great words, all of them. Check the last time a "white policeman" done time for the crimes or was held accountable , Race hate crimes with a badge no more no less!
When i lived over there in the 80s i found out quickly that Racisim hadnt gone away it was just out of view but always near the top , being a W.A.S.P. was worn like a badge of honour

I would liken my experience to the film mississippi burning where the hate was on every level in nearly every walk of life

When i lived over there in the 80s i found out quickly that Racisim hadnt gone away it was just out of view but always near the top , being a W.A.S.P. was worn like a badge of honour

I would liken my experience to the film mississippi burning where the hate was on every level in nearly every walk of life
A bit like a province and a great wee country,oops, shouldnae say that, might get called an extremist!

I don't know if it's just where I live but the gentle easing of lockdown is getting a hammering in all the gardens and streets here with parties and crowds of youngsters back to roaming around together pissed.

The second wave of the virus will end up coming more quickly than first thought and could well end up being worse than the original outbreak.

Worrying times just because the sun is out and folk can't endure staying home and staying safe. :(
Went out for our daily walk in Dudhope Park, Dundee. Busiest I have ever seen the park including pre-Covid. Wee bit worrying folk acting like it's over. Not sure that it is over.

A wee copy and paste but most definitely worth the read.....The Cummings bullshit, thus far...
1. Dominic Cummings, one of the few men to have ever been found in contempt of Parliament, moved onto contempt for everything.
2. When the story broke, and he was accused of doing things that look bad, he said he didn't care how things looked.
3. Then ministers said press outrage meant nothing, only the opinion of the people mattered.
4. Then polls showed 52% of people wanted Cummings to resign.
5. So Cummings decided to show the public some respect, by turning up 30 minutes late to make his explanation.
6. He began by saying he wasn't speaking for the govt, which must be why he was in the Rose Garden of 10 Downing Street.
7. Then the self-styled "enemy of the Islington media elite" said his wife, who works in the media, had been ill in their house in Islington.
8. But she was only a bit ill, so he popped home, got himself nice and infected, then went back to Downing Street for meetings with lots of vitally important people in the middle of a national crisis.
9. But then he got ill too, so then it was suddenly important.
10. Sadly he couldn't get childcare in London, even though 3 immediate relatives live within 3 miles of his London home.
11. So because he was carrying a virus that can cross a 2 metre distance and kill, he immediately locked himself in a car with his wife and child for 5 hours.
12. He then drove 264 miles without stopping in a Land Rover that gets maybe 25 MPG.
13. Then the scourge of the metropolitan elites made himself extra-relatable by describing his family's sprawling country estate, multiple houses and idyllic woodlands.
14. He explained that he'd warned about a coronavirus years ago in his blog.
15. Then it was revealed he actually secretly amended old blogs after he'd returned from Durham.
16. And anyway, if he'd warned years ago, why was he so massively unprepared and slow to react?
17. Then he said he was too ill to move for a week.
18. But in the middle of that week, presumably with "wonky eyes", he drove his child to hospital.
19. Then he said that to test his "wonky eyes" he put his wife and child in a car and drove 30 miles on public roads.

20. Then it was revealed his wife drives, so there was no reason for the "eye test", cos she could have driven them back to London.
21. Then it was revealed the "eye test" trip to a local tourist spot took place on his wife's birthday.
22. Then cameras filmed as he threw a cup onto the table, smirked and left.
23. And then it emerged his wife had written an article during the time in Durham, describing their experience of being in lockdown in London, which you'd definitely do if you weren't hiding anything.
24. A govt scientific advisor said "more people will die" as a result of what Cummings had done.
25. Boris Johnson said he "wouldn't mark Cummings " down for what he'd done.
26. The Attorney General said it was ok to break the law if you were acting on instinct.
27. The Health Minister said it was OK to endanger public health if you meant well.
28. Johnson said Cummings' "story rings true" because his own eyesight was fine before coronavirus, but now he needs glasses.
29. But in an interview with The Telegraph 5 years ago, Johnson said he needed glasses cos he was "blind as a bat"
30. Michael Gove went on TV and said it was "wise" to drive 30 miles on public roads with your family in the car to test your eyesight. 31. The DVLA tweeted that you should never, ever do this.
32. Then ministers started claiming Cummings had to go to Durham because he feared crowds attacking his home. The streets were empty because we were observing the lockdown.
33. And then a minister finally resigned.
34. Steve Baker, Richard Littlejohn, Isabel Oakeshott, Tim Montgomerie, Jan Moir, Ian Dale, Julia Hartley Brewer, 30 Tory MPs, half a dozen bishops and the actual Daily Mail said Cummings should go.
35. The govt suggested we can ignore them, because they're all left-wingers.
36. Then a vicar asked Matt Hancock if other people who had been fined for doing exactly what Cummings did would get their fine dropped. Matt Hancock said he'd suggest it to the govt.
37. The govt said no within an hour. Cummings' statement had lasted longer than that.
38. And if the guidelines were so clear, why were people being stopped and fined for driving to find childcare in the first place?
39. Then a new poll found people who wanted Cummings sacked had risen from 52% to 57%.
40. Cummings is considered the smartest man in the govt
41. And in the middle of all this, in case we take our eye off it: we reached 60,000 deaths. One of the highest per capita death rates worldwide.
42. We still face Brexit under this lot.
43. It's 4 years until an election.

Credit to @Russincheshire for this gem...

Seriously fuck off! You don't think he's not an idiot after 3yrs in Office? Bolt ya fuckin clown! Keep your opinion to some platform that plays with crayons! FUCK OFF seriously.
You’ve totally missed my point by a country mile and as MD got my point bang on I suggest you read his reply as he has put it perfectly and I’ll tell you what there’s no need to be abusive it’s no wonder this forum is losing its members with cunts like you going off the deep end just because you either don’t agree with or in this case misinterpret something you read ,Mibbes you should spend some time on FollowFollow I’m sure you’re patter would slot right in there ,but I’ll give you your wish bud I will bolt and Fuck off because your intellect vocabulary and debating skills are clearly on a level that I couldn’t possibly aspire to even on a good day I am well out of my depth here so I wish you everything that you wish for yourself my friend I’ll just wander off now and go and read How To Win Friends And Influence People, And see if I can ty to make up some ground on you.

A wee copy and paste but most definitely worth the read.....The Cummings bullshit, thus far...
1. Dominic Cummings, one of the few men to have ever been found in contempt of Parliament, moved onto contempt for everything.
2. When the story broke, and he was accused of doing things that look bad, he said he didn't care how things looked.
3. Then ministers said press outrage meant nothing, only the opinion of the people mattered.
4. Then polls showed 52% of people wanted Cummings to resign.
5. So Cummings decided to show the public some respect, by turning up 30 minutes late to make his explanation.
6. He began by saying he wasn't speaking for the govt, which must be why he was in the Rose Garden of 10 Downing Street.
7. Then the self-styled "enemy of the Islington media elite" said his wife, who works in the media, had been ill in their house in Islington.
8. But she was only a bit ill, so he popped home, got himself nice and infected, then went back to Downing Street for meetings with lots of vitally important people in the middle of a national crisis.
9. But then he got ill too, so then it was suddenly important.
10. Sadly he couldn't get childcare in London, even though 3 immediate relatives live within 3 miles of his London home.
11. So because he was carrying a virus that can cross a 2 metre distance and kill, he immediately locked himself in a car with his wife and child for 5 hours.
12. He then drove 264 miles without stopping in a Land Rover that gets maybe 25 MPG.
13. Then the scourge of the metropolitan elites made himself extra-relatable by describing his family's sprawling country estate, multiple houses and idyllic woodlands.
14. He explained that he'd warned about a coronavirus years ago in his blog.
15. Then it was revealed he actually secretly amended old blogs after he'd returned from Durham.
16. And anyway, if he'd warned years ago, why was he so massively unprepared and slow to react?
17. Then he said he was too ill to move for a week.
18. But in the middle of that week, presumably with "wonky eyes", he drove his child to hospital.
19. Then he said that to test his "wonky eyes" he put his wife and child in a car and drove 30 miles on public roads.

20. Then it was revealed his wife drives, so there was no reason for the "eye test", cos she could have driven them back to London.
21. Then it was revealed the "eye test" trip to a local tourist spot took place on his wife's birthday.
22. Then cameras filmed as he threw a cup onto the table, smirked and left.
23. And then it emerged his wife had written an article during the time in Durham, describing their experience of being in lockdown in London, which you'd definitely do if you weren't hiding anything.
24. A govt scientific advisor said "more people will die" as a result of what Cummings had done.
25. Boris Johnson said he "wouldn't mark Cummings " down for what he'd done.
26. The Attorney General said it was ok to break the law if you were acting on instinct.
27. The Health Minister said it was OK to endanger public health if you meant well.
28. Johnson said Cummings' "story rings true" because his own eyesight was fine before coronavirus, but now he needs glasses.
29. But in an interview with The Telegraph 5 years ago, Johnson said he needed glasses cos he was "blind as a bat"
30. Michael Gove went on TV and said it was "wise" to drive 30 miles on public roads with your family in the car to test your eyesight. 31. The DVLA tweeted that you should never, ever do this.
32. Then ministers started claiming Cummings had to go to Durham because he feared crowds attacking his home. The streets were empty because we were observing the lockdown.
33. And then a minister finally resigned.
34. Steve Baker, Richard Littlejohn, Isabel Oakeshott, Tim Montgomerie, Jan Moir, Ian Dale, Julia Hartley Brewer, 30 Tory MPs, half a dozen bishops and the actual Daily Mail said Cummings should go.
35. The govt suggested we can ignore them, because they're all left-wingers.
36. Then a vicar asked Matt Hancock if other people who had been fined for doing exactly what Cummings did would get their fine dropped. Matt Hancock said he'd suggest it to the govt.
37. The govt said no within an hour. Cummings' statement had lasted longer than that.
38. And if the guidelines were so clear, why were people being stopped and fined for driving to find childcare in the first place?
39. Then a new poll found people who wanted Cummings sacked had risen from 52% to 57%.
40. Cummings is considered the smartest man in the govt
41. And in the middle of all this, in case we take our eye off it: we reached 60,000 deaths. One of the highest per capita death rates worldwide.
42. We still face Brexit under this lot.
43. It's 4 years until an election.

Credit to @Russincheshire for this gem...
Kinda covers it Bridie,but he is the most powerful man in the UK,for in the words of the great philosopher Sandie Shaw, Bojo is "A puppet on a string"! 🍺 🥳

Members online

Latest posts

Back