Coronavirus

Folks - just a wee reality check here for anyone that believed Boris's bluster a couple of months back about us being back to normal by Easter. I did a quick check on the NHS website last night for the estimated time for receiving the vaccine. Being early 50s but with no underlying health issues I hoped it would be fairly soon.

There are currently about 26 million people ahead of me in the queue and they have estimated that I would be due for the second vaccine at the start of October 2021. So that would mean that it would 2-3 weeks after that before I had hopefully full immunity (though I can still catch it and pass it on I believe). Even if they can get more of the newer vaccines administered then this is logistically a huge undertaking so it will still take a fair amount of time to pull it off.

It looks like we may have to buckle down for a few months yet and hope there isn't a worse new variant in the meantime!

It could well be that elite athletes can get vaccinated ahead of schedule, but that would be grossly unfair on Shane Duffy to miss out while everyone around him was vaccinated (I'm sorry - that is a totally needless cheap joke against a decent professional, but he is the current fall guy so thought I'd try to cheer folk up after such a depressing post).

Last edited:
Folks - just a wee reality check here for anyone that believed Boris's bluster a couple of months back about us being back to normal by Easter. I did a quick check on the NHS website last night for the estimated time for receiving the vaccine. Being early 50s but with no underlying health issues I hoped it would be fairly soon.

There are currently about 26 million people ahead of me in the queue and they have estimated that I would be due for the second vaccine at the start of October 2020. So that would mean that it would 2-3 weeks after that before I had hopefully full immunity (though I can still catch it and pass it on I believe). Even if they can get more of the newer vaccines administered then this is logistically a huge undertaking so it will still take a fair amount of time to pull it off.

It looks like we may have to buckle down for a few months yet and hope there isn't a worse new variant in the meantime!

It could well be that elite athletes can get vaccinated ahead of schedule, but that would be grossly unfair on Shane Duffy to miss out while everyone around him was vaccinated (I'm sorry - that is a totally needless cheap joke against a decent professional, but he is the current fall guy so thought I'd try to cheer folk up after such a depressing post).
Didn't cheer me up

But being an auld knt now has advantages for once

There are currently about 26 million people ahead of me in the queue and they have estimated that I would be due for the second vaccine at the start of October 2021. So that would mean that it would 2-3 weeks after that before I had hopefully full immunity (though I can still catch it and pass it on I believe). Even if they can get more of the newer vaccines administered then this is logistically a huge undertaking so it will still take a fair amount of time to pull it off.

I don't think it's as bad as it seems. I'm guessing but say 1000 over 75s get the virus, 100 will need to go to hospital. If 1000 50yr olds get its maybe "only" 10. As the big problem is overflowing hospitals, once older people are vaccinated it reduces the pressure on hospitals. That's why there is still hope for gradually going back to normal in a couple of months. Assuming they don't make a complete arse of the vaccination program like everything else so far.

Corona Virus Square Go
What a fuckin crazy morning I just had. I got lifted at 10 o Clock this morning foe kicking some fool up and doon the road.
I was in the shop getting fags and some bumholio was telling the shopkeeper to get ta fuck with his mask rules. I said, is not easier to just put on a mask on and save any hassle? What ta fuck it's got to do wi you blah blah. When I left the shop the prick came up behind me and sucker punched me and burst my nose. I proceeded to kick n punch the prick up and doon the road until the polis came. I was handcuffed and put in van. The cops were asking the prick if he wanted to press charges!! I told the cops to go in shop and check CCTV in shop. They did and came back and asked me if I wanted to press charges. While the cops were in the shop the prick was sitting handcuffed on the pavement covered in blood. He was in tears telling the other cops his mum died at the weekend!! At first I thought he was bullshitting but it turned oot to be true.
I felt really bad for him, I just leathered a grieving man. I decided not to press charges.
Do not get involved in other people's mask disputes is the lesson for today. Thought my rolling about fighting days were over long ago.

My mother in law has been released from hospital in the US. She is now in a rehab centre in Fresno for elderly folk recovering from Covid. My father in law also has it and has been alone in the house for 11 days. He needs to make a full recovery before his wife can come home. He was looking rough last week but seems to be over the worst. We are hopeful now.
Thanks to everyone for your kind words and prayers

Corona Virus Square Go
What a fuckin crazy morning I just had. I got lifted at 10 o Clock this morning foe kicking some fool up and doon the road.
I was in the shop getting fags and some bumholio was telling the shopkeeper to get ta fuck with his mask rules. I said, is not easier to just put on a mask on and save any hassle? What ta fuck it's got to do wi you blah blah. When I left the shop the prick came up behind me and sucker punched me and burst my nose. I proceeded to kick n punch the prick up and doon the road until the polis came. I was handcuffed and put in van. The cops were asking the prick if he wanted to press charges!! I told the cops to go in shop and check CCTV in shop. They did and came back and asked me if I wanted to press charges. While the cops were in the shop the prick was sitting handcuffed on the pavement covered in blood. He was in tears telling the other cops his mum died at the weekend!! At first I thought he was bullshitting but it turned oot to be true.
I felt really bad for him, I just leathered a grieving man. I decided not to press charges.
Do not get involved in other people's mask disputes is the lesson for today. Thought my rolling about fighting days were over long ago.
Don't feel too bad richybhoy - he had it coming by the sounds of it.

Corona Virus Square Go
Hope you knocked some sense into him Richy.🥊🥊

Had a little tiff myself this morning in Aldi. An irate man pulled me up for not going to the end of the queue to pay for my shopping when I had started another queue at another till. He said everyone was standing in the one queue but I pointed to the signs that stated 'queue separately for each till'. He said but everyone is standing in the one queue so I told him it wasn't my fault that they chose not to read the bloody signs and as far as I was concerned, I had done nothing wrong. The wee grass ran greeting to the guy at the till who just shrugged and said everyone is doing what they want. So even when I get it right, I get it wrong it seems. 🤷‍♀️

Had a little tiff myself this morning in Aldi. An irate man pulled me up for not going to the end of the queue to pay for my shopping when I had started another queue at another till. He said everyone was standing in the one queue but I pointed to the signs that stated 'queue separately for each till'. He said but everyone is standing in the one queue so I told him it wasn't my fault that they chose not to read the bloody signs and as far as I was concerned, I had done nothing wrong. The wee grass ran greeting to the guy at the till who just shrugged and said everyone is doing what they want. So even when I get it right, I get it wrong it seems. 🤷‍♀️
Fuckin trouble maker 🙄

Corona Virus Square Go
How's yer nose Richy? 👃👊

Members online

Latest posts

Back