could sean maloney become a future celtic manager

michael duffy

As qoted by roberto martinez,"He’s deep into football and his life is about football. He is someone that I really enjoyed having as a player.

Already he’s brought something of his experience internationally and at club level – that is very, very helpful for our players and our way of working.

He’s a man that has got a fantastic potential coaching career." any thoughts....

I’m know so sure on this one.He did have some qualities as a player but I felt sometimes he lost the ball in dangerous areas,one particular game springs to mind,at tyncastle he tried a wee fancy turn,he was dispossessed & they scored.I felt when things were going well especially home games he could stand out but when the chips were down his performance dipped.I was at his first game,the time we beat the old rotten mob 3-0,probably my favourite game of Martin O’neils treble season.We hadn’t won at castle greyskull for a while & he looked good when he came on.Things weren’t going well for him at Villa & he came running back which makes me doubt the size of his heart.It’s always good having one of our own as boss but he’d need to really prove his ability before becoming our boss.HH

I’m know so sure on this one.He did have some qualities as a player but I felt sometimes he lost the ball in dangerous areas,one particular game springs to mind,at tyncastle he tried a wee fancy turn,he was dispossessed & they scored.I felt when things were going well especially home games he could stand out but when the chips were down his performance dipped.I was at his first game,the time we beat the old rotten mob 3-0,probably my favourite game of Martin O’neils treble season.We hadn’t won at castle greyskull for a while & he looked good when he came on.Things weren’t going well for him at Villa & he came running back which makes me doubt the size of his heart.It’s always good having one of our own as boss but he’d need to really prove his ability before becoming our boss.HH
aye, the way he kept leaving us never sat that well with me , personally,when the going get's tough, has he got it in him to step up. HH

Possibly. Once he gains a lot more experience there’s no reason why he couldn’t become the manager one day. People commenting on his playing days is odd as coaching is obviously a lot different.

He’d need a pair of stilts to work out the heat map ?

Personally, i’d say never say never.

Who knows what he’ll learn in belguim but i still can’t see it.

As qoted by roberto martinez,"He’s deep into football and his life is about football. He is someone that I really enjoyed having as a player.

Already he’s brought something of his experience internationally and at club level – that is very, very helpful for our players and our way of working.

He’s a man that has got a fantastic potential coaching career." any thoughts....
Could be MD, like to see him with Roberto Martinez at Celtic once Brendan has secured the 10.HH m8 ☘️

He is taking an interesting and ambitious career path.

As a player he was incredibly self critical, over examined errors in his game.

Currently working with real elite players, when he gets a chance on his own as a manager it will be at a lower level which will be the big challenge to his management.

He could certainly be a future Celtic boss but that would be at least five years away.

He's certainly getting the right training and experience at the moment, but I think the leap from assistant to Manager is a massive one, and then to Manage Celtic is a whole different thing altogether. I wish him well on his career path.

As the saying goes never say never he has been apointed twice in coaching roles first with Celtic and then with Belgium so they must have seen something in Him to me he is just a journeyman learning his trade hope he does well

MD bark at the moon, alright see big Ozzie

MD no scare just outdated certificate see attachment. used to this nonesense,

Attachments

• Untitledservers.png
    Untitledservers.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 4
Unless someone has a time machine no one knows. To give an assessment of him now is nuts. What are you using as an indicator?

If he turns out to be a good manager then yes, if he doesn’t..

There’s no way to know right now. Let’s wait and see and at the same time wish him well.

He's going about becoming a manager the correct way. Learning his trade and starting at the beginning. Working under guys like Brendan and working with the Belgium national squad will do him no harm. He might very well be one off the greatest managers of all time....or he might be bloody useless...we will have to wait and see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back