Covid karma

Aye the cases were roughly 300-400 per
100, 000
To give you an idea we were in lockdown when they were at 100
Seems they’re just letting it rip
In the municipality I live in, we have 5000 residents....80 positive cases..work that figure out ....1,600 per 100,000, 3rd worst area in Portugal😳😳.... mainly been brought and spread by summer tourism...not good but...

At least we have plenty chicken and milkshakes 😎👍

Last edited:
Due to some clowns thinking that 'it's over'...there's a significant upswing of Covid infections again
Last night we were told that masks are once again mandatory in stores, gyms, bars, clubs, basically everywhere
No doubt the anti mask protestors, will take to the streets once again
There's been fights with staff in stores and arrests made, all because they've been asked to wear a mask
Many businesses have now stated that if you want to work in their establishment, pubs, restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, you must be fully vaccinated
I don't have a problem with any of it, it's a life threatening pandemic, which has taken millions of lives
Have some thought for people who have compromised immune systems and wear a fucking mask !!

I guess they think that now more people have been vaccinated the hospitals won't be overrun like last year. Withdrawing the restrictions was only going to bump up the rate of infection.
Breaking News:
Kamloops BC, nurses have walked off the job due to being overwhelmed, exhausted and understaffed
These people have been working almost non stop for the last 18 months, under incredible pressure

Many businesses have now stated that if you want to work in their establishment, pubs, restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, you must be fully vaccinated
I find that baffling mate. We have went from 400 CVs per job advert. Had the luxury of setting a 2 year experience criteria.

Not now man. The route we have to getting staff is zero experience. Keen and train up.

There are literally no chefs, no professionals in the uk. No euro bangers, no auzzie nutters (ange aside). No proper food and drink knowledgable people that can cope with the hours and the stress and provide the quality service and food people expect if they are parting with decent coin.

Double vax only? We can't get enough applicants to even be picky.

Just my experience.

It's the biggest drought of staff I've ever seen.

We are literally booking trial shifts for good applicants that need to finish isolation or recover or that have been let go after their place has folded after furlough is being withdrawn.

The one place is say you could rip the piss and demand a chunk is if you can manage and run a kitchen.

It's getting to the point where a good chef can name a salary.

Year's since I seen that.

High tip places front of house are loaded with brits now. Nae exotic.

Nursing homes/hospitals id agree with as it clears out risk assessment for the bosses in a business sense.

Hospitality...different stratosphere. Everywhere is losing money as we don't have the staff to make the most of the sales

I guess they think that now more people have been vaccinated the hospitals won't be overrun like last year. Withdrawing the restrictions was only going to bump up the rate of infection.
I think governments were in protect and fund mode in year 1
Be
I find that baffling mate. We have went from 400 CVs per job advert. Had the luxury of setting a 2 year experience criteria.

Not now man. The route we have to getting staff is zero experience. Keen and train up.

There are literally no chefs, no professionals in the uk. No euro bangers, no auzzie nutters (ange aside). No proper food and drink knowledgable people that can cope with the hours and the stress and provide the quality service and food people expect if they are parting with decent coin.

Just my experience.

We are literally booking trial shifts for good applicants that need to finish isolation or recover or that have been let go after their place has folded after furlough is being withdrawn.

The one place is say you could rip the piss and demand a chunk is if you can manage and run a kitchen.

Nursing homes/hospitals id agree with as it clears out risk assessment for the bosses in a business sense.

Hospitality...different stratosphere. Everywhere is losing money as we don't have the staff to make the most of the sales
To throw in a thought like a set of keys in a cricket club in blind faith
Has our old pal brexit had any effect on staffing, not just in your establishment but across the board ?

Just my experience.

Surely that's a Brexit issue?

Back