Cream will rise to the Top

Verum2

The man who never made mistakes never made anything.
And ..It’s often not you start in life and sport it’s how you finish
Despite the hype to the power of hype about the new Ibrox messiah his ‘brilliant’ football and the simultaneous trashing of CFC and BR the reality is SGs team are a team of yellow labels and bin ends ..NOT One ,and that includes McGregor ,of whom would be picked by Rodgers if his life depended on a victory against a class team
Apart from Celtic they havent played a decent team yet!!!
On our day we are in a completely different class from any other team in Scotland
BR will remind himself and the rest of the squad that is the standard they have to return to and I believe they will AND be helped with further reinforcements in January
BR will look in the mirror this morning and know his career is on the line and he will deliver
He can not let a rookie with a bunch of rag tags overcome the advantages he has despite not having what he wants OR ...his long term career aims and reputation will be trashed
He knows cream will ultimately rise to the top and it will for certain in my opinion . He needs to make sure when it does he is still the manager
I think he will!

I still think there is something going on. For the team to go from the last two seasons to where we are now is unbelievable.
Players don't look interested in going forward,apart from KT. The sideways passing and possession is doing nothing. As soon as we get the ball opposing teams defend with two banks and us harder to break down. We have to play the ball forward more quickly. It won't come off every time. As I said. Too slow. Not interested

Despite the hype to the power of hype about the new Ibrox messiah his ‘brilliant’ football and the simultaneous trashing of CFC and BR the reality is SGs team are a team of yellow labels and bin ends ..NOT One ,and that includes McGregor ,of whom would be picked by Rodgers if his life depended on a victory against a class team
On our day we are in a completely different class from any other team in Scotland
BR will remind himself and the rest of the squad that is the standard they have to return to and I believe they will AND be helped with further reinforcements in January
BR will look in the mirror this morning and know his career is on the line and he will deliver
He can not let a rookie with a bunch of rag tags overcome the advantages he has despite not having what he wants OR ...his long term career aims and reputation will be trashed
He knows cream will ultimately rise to the top and it will for certain in my opinion . He needs to make sure when it does he is still the manager
I think he will![/QUa

Very positive attitude,

This is ronnys team still. We are playing like we played when he was in the dugout....Brendans 1st season brought a buzz and a lease of life into the players. That hype and buzz propelled them to an invincible treble. Yes, last season we won the treble again. But we weren't as good. We scraped wins and draws. We didn't win 3 matches in a row all season. Ronnys team started playing how they had before. Every man and his dog knew we needed new faces. Something to spark a bit of life into the squad. We never got that. Now the team have gone complete circle. They are back to how they played under ronny. I remember watching them feeling how I felt yesterday. The slow side to side passing. No ideas....are the players playing this way because they have given up on Brendans ideas?? Or is it Brendans fault?? Has he given up due to the lack of support from the board?? Either way all is not good and I just hope we stay close enough to hearts and the scum until January....And then I pray to God above that Lawell backs Brendan and allows him to sign some decent players instead of development projects, and someone gives our scouting team a wee bit extra money so the can go further than fucking Aberdeen to scout players.

I think he will!

I hope your right Verum.

My mind tells me your right.

But my eyes and heart see something badly amiss.
Synergy and movement has disappeared since the pre season game against the Belgian team.

Edouard and Ntcham haven't played well since their third amigo buggered off for crazy wages.

Sinclair looks emotionless as if somebody in his family died and playing like a Scottish championship player with no oomph at all.

Because Ntcham off the boil we have no real midfield creativity, Brown is solid but he plays almost in defence.

The defenders can't pass straight beyond 30 yards but the 3 attacking midfielders are always 50+ yards from the defence, and instead of coming deeper to support the central midfielder whoever that would be they stand static as if they are man marking their opposite number.

Which leaves the defence with 50 yard mostly wayward passes forward under pressure or the tippy happy side to side between the defenders while the attacking midfielders expect miracle Beckenbauer 50 yard precision passes to feet.

And all the while this is happening Rodgers just looks on. So either they told to do that or he can't be arsed giving them instructions to do what he actually wants them to do.

If i was a cynic I would think Rodgers is deliberately not bothering his arse coz he wasn't properly backed by board and knows they need to give him heavfty pay off. And again if i was a cynic the players probably only get really good wages if they are in the CL with big bonuses, because all the seriously quality players we have look like they have downed tools since they lost the big pay checks they were getting last two seasons, and the shenanigans with Boyata, dembele, coupled with the fact wee Paddy Roberts wasn't getting kinda wage he would want to sign and armstrong off on much higher wages.

I suspect the higher paid players (in comparison to EPL players they get buttons) are all looking for bigger cash payments, with the exception of the Scottish players who get what playing for Celtic really means.

Now thats all conjecture on my part.

The sad part is with the huge subsidisation of EPL and other satellite subsidy leagues, Celtic cannot match the wages of second tier experienced players in Subsidised leagues even though we have much bigger home gate very week.

And the gap gets bigger every season so trying to hold onto our best players gets harder every year with the bigger gap in wages. Thats the same for all smaller leagues. Couple that with the rigged tufa system where the subsidised leagues get auto entry to the big cash stages, means its only going to get worse unless the subsidy ends or Celtic get access to those kind of subsidies to compete with top player wages.

Which means Celtic now need to buy up best of the dross and hope they can make them champions. And in my heart of hearts I don't think Rodgers signed up for that and i don't think the better players signed up on lower wages knowing the squad would not be upgraded with better talent each season. Rodgers style of play would suit Brazil national team with best players in world. But if you don't have high quality passing players with awareness then that style will fall apart.

And the operation costs have reached max operation income last season. So without CL this year the profit is already nullified. We have ditched some high wages from operating costs, but we still carrying dead wood with Lustig (in my opinion) and the fact the big EPL clubs are snapping up all the talent in the world just to lyon them out and never really utilise them means only loan options are really available on the quality range of young players, or you pay over the oddsonne to get them.

In my opinion Subsidy of certain leagues has destroyed the game in all non subsidised leagues and the new structure of CL has compounded the risks for non subsidised leagues while overexageratting the wealth gap even more by giving auto places to Subsidised clubs in massive leagues that always had more money before they even got the subsidy.

While the markets are broken Celtic will need to produce their own youth talents and subside the rest of team with experienced journeymen of no real long term value.

I hope I'm just over analysing it, and Celtic are just in a blip of form. And Rodgers and the players are up to going for title properly.

But my gut and my heart say they are wanting sacked to get in with the subsidy leagues since they can't earn a quarter of what they can in Big leagues playing against mediocre Scottish teams.
40 million in the bank sounds a lot but it buys you 2 dembeles who aren't even the finished article and thats before you offer them a wage.

Celtic might actually be better punting all the high wagers and bringing in team full of loans till the crazy market bubble explodes. I say that because Celtic cannot compete in the market for half decent players at over the odds prices. And maybe an ordinary manager who can work wonders with ordinary players and love it would be better than a half hearted Rodgers who can't get ordinary players to execute his style of football.

Doom and gloom.

I know I have tendency to see the dark side of everything but something is badly wrong this season , the board didn't back the manager mostly because 40 million is only half last season operating costs. so its not really gonna get very far in a market where Armstrong in last season costs 7 million before massive wages and dembele costs 20 million plus even more massive wages and they are just getting ordinary wages in the teams that they now play at.

Brendan has bought 20 players and there is still a feeling this is Ronnys team. On Thursday only 3 starters were signed by Brendan. 6 changes on Sunday but, still only 3 Brendan signed players.

Brendan obviously considers them all his players whether he signed them or not. So we have 31 players which Brendan can pick a team from and get them to gel

We could try and change the training even bring in some other coaches to freshen things up

Members online

Back