Cricket World Cup

If it was the gesture re the celtic top, explained tonight, players do not sign unofficial wimbledon stuff
as it tends to end up on Ebay. Tennis balls and bats only. Just like rock stars do not sign unofficial merchandise, like Roger Waters would never sign a baseball, but would a pink floyd album, programme etc. Daily Record hate Celtic they would be as well coming out and saying so, for the amount of sales we give them and the hate they have must be killing them.
Roger Federer gives Celtic fan the swerve as Hoops supporter suffers ...

My pal der hun in work plays cricket ??? so middle class.

Clearly a bead rattler somewhere in the lineage, his gran i think, too good lookin to be a full on manky lol

I was recently asked about sport in terms of New Zealand v Scotland. To be honest I don't know the current situation.
In which of the following team sports would Scotland (population 6m) expect to beat New Zealand (5 million)
Rugby Union nup, Rugby league nup, Cricket nup, Netball nup, Basketball nup Softball nup Hockey nup Football ????? score draw perhaps.(despite us only having 1 professional team)

At the local girls school the participation in team sport at the weekend is 100%. My wife works there and knows this is true. Every girl chooses netball or hockey.
Does anyone know what the sport participation rate is in Scotland. Is Scottish team sport growing in popularity? I'm particularly interested in team versus individual type sport like tennis or swimming.

I was recently asked about sport in terms of New Zealand v Scotland. To be honest I don't know the current situation.
In which of the following team sports would Scotland (population 6m) expect to beat New Zealand (5 million)
Rugby Union nup, Rugby league nup, Cricket nup, Netball nup, Basketball nup Softball nup Hockey nup Football ????? score draw perhaps.(despite us only having 1 professional team)

At the local girls school the participation in team sport at the weekend is 100%. My wife works there and knows this is true. Every girl chooses netball or hockey.
Does anyone know what the sport participation rate is in Scotland. Is Scottish team sport growing in popularity? I'm particularly interested in team versus individual type sport like tennis or swimming.
we would phuq yeez at football, golf and curlin,those sports you mention are low participation, low interest,to be nurtured for the future,oh,and we'd phuq yeez at tennis as well!

we would phuq yeez at football, golf and curlin,those sports you mention are low participation, low interest,to be nurtured for the future,oh,and we'd phuq yeez at tennis as well!
Those sports are high participation in NZ, I admit Scotland might win in football but I love your absolute confidence even though Scotland have never been in a World cup finals tournament this century and New Zealand have never been beaten in a finals this century. As the Sunday Post might say 'Makes ye think"

aye and we'd phuq yeez at swimmin and cyclin as well, whit are ye tryin tae tae say doc.

Those sports are high participation in NZ, I admit Scotland might win in football but I love your absolute confidence even though Scotland have never been in a World cup finals tournament this century and New Zealand have never been beaten in a finals this century. As the Sunday Post might say 'Makes ye think"
phuq the sunday post! whit soccer finals have ye never been beaten in this century,aye yer all blacks are a mighty team,rugby is a religion in nz,it's a minority sport here,if ah hiv the choice between paint dryin,grass growin or rugby,it would be the former not the latter, oh,and steinlagers pish!

The focus here is on team sport and that was my question. Why do you keep going on about swimming , cycling or tennis when those are not exactly team sports. I'm not trying to brag at all. I'm just wondering about whether team participation is as widespread as it in New Zealand. For instance here (in most sports ) you trial for your school team and play other school teams . If you do well you trial for the Wellington schools and play against Auckland Otago or Christchurch etc. If you do well you trial for the North Island team to play the south island. If you dow well you trial for the national team. It is multilevel structured so that the cream rises to the top. I was asked if that's how team sports is organised in Scotland. I know it's similar in Australia.

phuq the sunday post! whit soccer finals have ye never been beaten in this century,aye yer all blacks are a mighty team,rugby is a religion in nz,it's a minority sport here,if ah hiv the choice between paint dryin,grass growin or rugby,it would be the former not the latter, oh,and steinlagers pish!
The Fifa World Cup was held in South Africa in 2010. Only one team was unbeaten. It was New Zealand. PS I agree about Steinlager but come to Wellington in August any year for Beervana. You would love it

The focus here is on team sport and that was my question. Why do you keep going on about swimming , cycling or tennis when those are not exactly team sports. I'm not trying to brag at all. I'm just wondering about whether team participation is as widespread as it in New Zealand. For instance here (in most sports ) you trial for your school team and play other school teams . If you do well you trial for the Wellington schools and play against Auckland Otago or Christchurch etc. If you do well you trial for the North Island team to play the south island. If you dow well you trial for the national team. It is multilevel structured so that the cream rises to the top. I was asked if that's how team sports is organised in Scotland. I know it's similar in Australia.
swimming and cycling are also team events, as is curling,perhaps kiwi's don't have the mental fortitude to exel at individual sports but are more suited to "team" pursuits, the sum of the parts and all that,steinlagers still pish!

Back