Cricket World Cup

This is becoming a 'what constitutes a team sport' discussion.Not what I wanted. Football, rugby , league, cricket for instance are always considered team sports. Team is certainly valued over individualism here. Despite this I could point you to individuals like Lydia Ko or Michael Campbell in golf. Our sailors. Our equestrians. Our athletes. I'm more interested in knowing about the team sport participation ethos.

This is becoming a 'what constitutes a team sport' discussion.Not what I wanted. Football, rugby , league, cricket for instance are always considered team sports. Team is certainly valued over individualism here. Despite this I could point you to individuals like Lydia Ko or Michael Campbell in golf. Our sailors. Our equestrians. Our athletes. I'm more interested in knowing about the team sport participation ethos.
well ye could go back tae the spartans, the roman;s drill drill drill doc, quash individuality,the wermacht were pretty good at team sports,so get them young,drill them,indoctrinate them,wee world beaters, nae enjoyment,nae sense of achievement,nae runnin hame tae yer mammy and daddy, "look whit ah won" jist ah sense of superiority,but if ye lose, ah beratin from yer coach, as tae why ye let everybody doon,aye sport.

its not actually an either or. our rep system as its called spots emerging individual talent and then teams up these talented individuals to form a team. the team ethos enhances the individual talent. OH and Tennants lager is even pisher than Steinlager surely.

its not actually an either or. our rep system as its called spots emerging individual talent and then teams up these talented individuals to form a team. the team ethos enhances the individual talent. OH and Tennants lager is even pisher than Steinlager surely.
aye tennants lager is pish! oh and thanks for agreein with me doc!

So the Final is England v New Zealand. England assume they are favourites, as usual. Who will join me in cheering for the Kiwis?
I'm with you mate. Loves me cricket. Would have been much happier if it had been Aussies v Kiwis so I will have to cheer on the Kiwis.

Back