Dariusz Dziekanowski, the Polish Bhoy we called 'Jacki’

I also have my memories of Jackie that night he was simply superb, thanks for sharing your memories.

Was it Scotsport who turned up at his house wae a birthday cake & Jackie met them on his drive, because he was entertaining lady friend who worked with BBC Sport, Allegedly.

Last edited:
I also have my memories of Jackie that night he was simply superb, thanks for sharing your memories.

Was it Scotsport who turned up at his house wae a birthday cake & Jackie met them on his drive, because he was entertaining lady friend who worked with BBC Sport, Allegedly.
Tell me that is true someone! I think I'd love him a little more. Anyone actually remember if he was as good as I remember him or a bit of a let down?

When he was good he was brilliant, but was not the most consistent. He could fair batter a ball into the top corner though.
I remember an overhead kick against Hibs. Probably the standout memory.
Heard a story on the Partizan game that he had a chance to square the ball and instead went for his fifth goal of the night, Got ripped by the other players at full time apparently. Guys scored 4 goals, Got to be at least a few defenders looking sheepish while that abuse was getting handed out surely?!

Celtic's opponents were Partizan Belgrade. The Yugoslav team had won the first leg 2-1. In a thrilling second leg at CelticPark, Dziekanowski scored his fourth goal of the evening after 83 minutes to put Celtic 5-3 up on the night. His best moment....But we still got beat :( I remember that game well....

Big Jackie, was the type best described as, if we were playing well he was brilliant, if we were poor he was mince, needed others round about him to do the leg work as most of his rumour has it was done in Victorias nightclub.

My abiding memory of that night was at 5 v 3,big Roy trying to waste time down at their corner flag, and instead of booting the baw up to me at the back of the Celtic End decided to try and play it off one of them for a corner, he lost possession and they broke forward and scored thier 4th.

Crazy bloody game. Did our other polish player play in that game???

I read this article with a smile.
I was at the game and next day had been invited to play the Old Course.
Woke up early, had chest pains, was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack!
Three days later, numerous tests, consultant plus entourage arrive at bedside to report they can find nothing.
One doctor stays behind and says what was I doing the night before. At the game says I. So was he. Were you jumping about? Just a bit says I. His eyebrows rise and we both laugh in the knowledge Jackie had been responsible for my chest pains.
Thanks Jackie, memories are Celtic.
HH

Big Jackie, was the type best described as, if we were playing well he was brilliant, if we were poor he was mince, needed others round about him to do the leg work as most of his rumour has it was done in Victorias nightclub.

My abiding memory of that night was at 5 v 3,big Roy trying to waste time down at their corner flag, and instead of booting the baw up to me at the back of the Celtic End decided to try and play it off one of them for a corner, he lost possession and they broke forward and scored thier 4th.

He signed later in the year. No wonder we started looking at defenders!

I read this article with a smile.
I was at the game and next day had been invited to play the Old Course.
Woke up early, had chest pains, was rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack!
Three days later, numerous tests, consultant plus entourage arrive at bedside to report they can find nothing.
One doctor stays behind and says what was I doing the night before. At the game says I. So was he. Were you jumping about? Just a bit says I. His eyebrows rise and we both laugh in the knowledge Jackie had been responsible for my chest pains.
Thanks Jackie, memories are Celtic.
HH
Now I ain't laughing at a heart attack of course but that story made me smile. There is clearly a level of responsibility on Celtic for your plight!

Yeah, saw that live- Jackie intercepted them on the front grass or something because of the bird in the house and the missus in Poland.

Guy I know was at Hospitality for the 2017 cup final, him and his mates got out right after game to head into city to celebrate the treble, jumped into a black cab amid chaos outside ground, found a half-cut fella already in it who graciously allowed them to share - turned out to be Jackie, was brand-new apparently and they had a laugh with him all the way in.

Dariusz Wdowczyk? I can't remember but I do remember that when he took free kicks, you really didn't want to be in the wall.

Back