Deacon Blue - Huns or not?

Surely some Man U or Liverpool fans liked Oasis, its bollox, I really liked 'real gone kid' don't try and diminish the world into 2 categories, huns and tims.

Theres not enough beer in the world to drown my stupid head,
you could take all the bottles and smash them over it,
it still wouldn't make a dent,

Also Lorraine McIntosh was raised in Bridgeton in an Irish Catholic family much the same as Frankie Miller

When you look at the Celtic Supporting Celebs compared to HUN ones can you see a pattern forming?

Celtic
Rod Stewart Billy Connolly Frankie Miller Martin Compston James McAvoy Gerrard Butler Jennifer Love Hewitt Tony Roper Edwin Collins George Galloway Jim Kerr Bono John Higgins Susan Boyle The Gallaghers The Fratellis Paulo Nutini Peter Mullan Kevin Bridges Frankie Boyle Lewis Capaldi Connor McGregor Martin McCutcheon Lawrence Tynes Michelle McManus The Corrs

HUNS
Gordon Ramsay Andy Cameron Ken Bruce Lex Mclean Gordon Ross Adrian Durham Graeme Dott Colin Montgomery PISH PISH PISH ( as Billy Connolly referred to WWW) Sean Connery (was a Bhoy before he chummed up with David Murray) Mike Tyson

HH?

Not to mention both Snoop Dog and Jay-z seen sporting the hoops. Ach its a hard life.

Coatbridge band and definitly not huns.

well Hue n Cry are who i usually get the two mixed up ???

Last edited by a moderator:
HH?[/QUOTE]
Surely some Man U or Liverpool fans liked Oasis, its bollox, I really liked 'real gone kid' don't try and diminish the world into 2 categories, huns and tims.
I don't dislike them because of the possibility they might be huns; I dislike them because I found their music annoying but that's a matter of personal taste and many people would run a mile from some of the stuff I listen to. I love much of the music of the Young brothers (Easybeats, AC/DC, Vanda & Young) and they are widely reported to have been Rangers fans. Bruce Dickinson even flew the dead club in his plane a few times and I've still been to see Iron Maiden live twice since and continue to listen to their music despite my suspicions they are complete tories. I even support Celtic who have fucking tories on the board.

Oh yes, it's unforgettable alright. Allegedly used during 'enhanced interrogation' at Guantanamo Bay and by the Assad regime. Apparently Bono likes to listen to it while he decides where to allocate the 1% of funds raised by his One Campaign which actually goes to charity.
Did I mention I fucking hate Deacon Blue's music and all the other Prefab Sprout pretentious shite from the 80s.

....ahem!....as you said Mik,.... allegedly,

Raintown, great album.........oh and Maxi, thanks for reminding me about the Prefab sprout and another superb album from them...prob about 1986..........'When Love Breaks Down', 'Goodbye Lucille' (Johnny, Johnny, Johnny.)
.. well remembered bud,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

oh and by the way Mik Max, I met Ricky Ross 3 years ago in the Gardyne Theatre when he did a reprise on the 'Bob Servant' tv saga starring Brian Cox / Jonathan Watson and reminded him about working in his mum's house in '88.

I can categorically state here and now that he is a Dundee United loving arab with absolutely no interest in the filthy scum hordes from Ibrox.
.....even quick to suggest the colours are tangerine and NOT orange.....

I can handle that.......I'll take it!

oh and by the way Mik Max, I met Ricky Ross 3 years ago in the Gardyne Theatre when he did a reprise on the 'Bob Servant' tv saga starring Brian Cox / Jonathan Watson and reminded him about working in his mum's house in '88.

I can categorically state here and now that he is a Dundee United loving arab with absolutely no interest in the filthy scum hordes from Ibrox.
.....even quick to suggest the colours are tangerine and NOT orange.....

I can handle that.......I'll take it!
That Dundee United were once Dundee Hibernian does little to rehabilitate his sonic output. 80s Scottish bands don't get any better than this imo

Hahahahahaha during my passage into manhood "you can't hurry love" was on the radio.

Aye, you sure about that, Phil, because I reckon my efforts proved you wrong, mate!

Ah yes SP...the memories, the memories....Thursday cheap drink night, 20p a pint and several 'o Mc Ewan's 80 shilling, then up the road wi a wee cracker.....forgetting the 4 or 5 tasters I'd promised earlier that......I'd see them up the road later TOO!!
Ah well, a couple o' raps in the puss later ... it was all sorted...until the next week and back in the Ambassador again.........suffering some dirty looks and a couple of disappointed hunnys mouthin' fuck that tosser jc............so just ignore them I did.......but they would be back as sure as.........once they knew the ditty....yep they were back....

......do not tarry, don't be late....
Fairmuir Park at half past eight.....
Oh the days..............where's that Kleenex.....

That Dundee United were once Dundee Hibernian does little to rehabilitate his sonic output. 80s Scottish bands don't get any better than this imo

Agreed Mik....superb band from Dunfermline too, what about the iconic 'In a Big Country'............got a great story about Stuart Adamson from back in 1997......straight from his ex wife in his pub.....and just after his death.........She'd probably batter me if I retold it.....

Agreed Mik....superb band from Dunfermline too, what about the iconic 'In a Big Country'............got a great story about Stuart Adamson from back in 1997......straight from his ex wife in his pub.....and just after his death.........She'd probably batter me if I retold it.....
Look away was a big hit in Ireland when I was a kid so it's the one I most remember. Probably had it on an early mixtape.

Ah yes SP...the memories, the memories....Thursday cheap drink night, 20p a pint and several 'o Mc Ewan's 80 shilling, then up the road wi a wee cracker.....forgetting the 4 or 5 tasters I'd promised earlier that......I'd see them up the road later TOO!!
Ah well, a couple o' raps in the puss later ... it was all sorted...until the next week and back in the Ambassador again.........suffering some dirty looks and a couple of disappointed hunnys mouthin' fuck that tosser jc............so just ignore them I did.......but they would be back as sure as.........once they knew the ditty....yep they were back....

......do not tarry, don't be late....
Fairmuir Park at half past eight.....
Oh the days..............where's that Kleenex.....
Them wiz the days, JC.........I preferred a better class of dive and made my fledgling moves at The Coconut Grove under 18's disco on a Sunday night. The bouncers were the dumbest doormen in Christendom (aye, you Charlie McDade) and you just laid low till the proper night started at 10pm.

Some unscrupulous cougars in Dundee, JC, think that's where I got my penchant for the more mature matron. I made Wayne Rooney look like a cradle snatcher back then and the they used to give you cally for skael dinners tae.

During the 90's, the over 30's nights in the Tay Hotel were mental, they could have just made it official and called it "over 50's anything goes night", but I was (literally) a bairn in a sweetie shop in there.

Did'nae need Kleenex, granny-liners did the job perfectly well.

Them wiz the days, JC.........I preferred a better class of dive and made my fledgling moves at The Coconut Grove under 18's disco on a Sunday night. The bouncers were the dumbest doormen in Christendom (aye, you Charlie McDade) and you just laid low till the proper night started at 10pm.

Some unscrupulous cougars in Dundee, JC, think that's where I got my penchant for the more mature matron. I made Wayne Rooney look like a cradle snatcher back then and the they used to give you cally for skael dinners tae.

During the 90's, the over 30's nights in the Tay Hotel were mental, they could have just made it official and called it "over 50's anything goes night", but I was (literally) a bairn in a sweetie shop in there.

Did'nae need Kleenex, granny-liners did the job perfectly well.

Hey bud, I graced every one of these places, obviously rubbing shoulders with each other........and long before we met..........

:D:D

Members online

Latest posts

Back