Desperately worrying

This is a very touchy subject talking about someone's mental health and one I don't feel comfortable talking about.
What I can say for someone who has suffered with drink and mental health is that it is a very lonely and dark dark place to try and live in. I can understand people questioning the subject as I would agree he looks far away from his usual self. Yes some of his decisions have been very baffling to say the least. Of course the pressure upon him at the moment is enormous as it would be for anyone in his role.
I personally would not be a fan of Lennon as a manager but I do respect him as an out an out celt. I really do hope he can deliver the 10 as there is no one else out there who would deserve it more so.
I have no idea whatsoever if this is an issue with Neil Lennon but what I can say is, he will suffer and if drink is a factor failure is almost a guarantee. The only one who really knows the answer is Neil himself and sadly when you are in that place of darkness you can not see what everyone else can see. The only one who can make that decision is Neil himself, taking there is a decision to make. He is going to be an all time hero if he succeeds this season and also an all time villain for many if he should fail, so not a nice place to be when it means so much to him.
If there was any truth whatsoever in this, I personally would like to see Neil walk away for his and his family sake, as his well been is far more important as our glorious club will always remain strong.
If this is utter nonsense it is a disgrace for any of us to be questioning it.
As I have no idea, I have no choice at the moment but to get behind Neil and the team however infuriating it may be at the moment
HH
John , great post sir , I agree 100 % with you in most of what you say , you are speaking from experience and none of us on here can question that , for me difference is that NFL is in the spotlight he manages one of the biggest football teams on the planet , he is in the spotlight by virtue of that choice , so for us as part of that family I feel we have a right to speak up or voice an opinion rightly or wrongly on a subject that we all hold dear to our hearts , for you mate I hope you win your battles and rest assured the Celtic family will back you just as much as we will continue to back NFL whilst in his position

I have suffered in the past with mental health and drink problems....I know it will affect everyone differently....I want Neil Lennon to take us to the 10....we all want this......But, I can tell you...when I was suffering there is no way I could properly manage men.......I had to go off sick from my work for 2 months....Thankfully I have never felt like that again.
God bless lennono for a very honest post. I hope you continue to enjoy your life and family.

John , great post sir , I agree 100 % with you in most of what you say , you are speaking from experience and none of us on here can question that , for me difference is that NFL is in the spotlight he manages one of the biggest football teams on the planet , he is in the spotlight by virtue of that choice , so for us as part of that family I feel we have a right to speak up or voice an opinion rightly or wrongly on a subject that we all hold dear to our hearts , for you mate I hope you win your battles and rest assured the Celtic family will back you just as much as we will continue to back NFL whilst in his position
Thank you torrancetim and don't feel it's a subject we can't talk about, it's just not fair on NL if we were wrong. If I was to hazard a guess it would be that he is possiblly suffering in some form as many many people do and showing plenty of signs. Lenno is spot on when he said you can't manage as either could I. If this should be the case he could walk away with my blessing for sure.

I am wondering what Neil Lennon would be like if he was interviewing a potential player for us.....I think he would be good at it and calm.....and sell the Celtic Brand bigstyle

Which made me think.....If you were a good player and were interviewed by both Neil and also slippy........And you were a neutral ...and never had met before...Who do you think would be the more persuasive

I am wondering what Neil Lennon would be like if he was interviewing a potential player for us.....I think he would be good at it and calm.....and sell the Celtic Brand bigstyle

Which made me think.....If you were a good player and were interviewed by both Neil and also slippy........And you were a neutral ...and never had met before...Who do you think would be the more persuasive
Of course I would give it to lenny. As a player I would want to play for the best not a shower of wankers that slippy would be trying to sell me. But also wouldn't say I would understand much of what the scouse fuck had to say anyway

jeez,jist wait tae we lose a game!Richter scale!
Ah'm a happy wi oor perfomances? Naw!
Ah'm a happy wi oor tactics? Naw
Ah'm a happy wi oor team selections? Naw
Ah'm a happy wi the timin of our substitutions? Naw
This season is one phuk up, nae preparation,play a game, get bolingoli'd
miss oot on playing 2 games, play a couple of games,then international break,
new goalie, new centre half, who's hardly played since January,Eddy injured after gettin thugged at Dundee Utd,Griff? that would have been our preferred front two,
once we get a run of games,we'll be motoring, my main criticism is Broony needs rested for his own good!.............and breathe 🍺 🥳
Ah, at long last a post that makes sense.
Breathe, hold, exhale, relax.
Have a dram and watch the match.
Did we win or did we lose?
Eddy's sold it's on the news.
Winning games is what we do,
pretty, ugly, hard fought too.
So many emotions will be felt,
and we will watch Sevco melt.
weeks will pass, we'll oft despair,
and then,
we'll lift the 10.

Back