Did Howe bottle it?

Winter

Not a poll just a thought. Seems to me that Celtic offered Howe everything, his own management team, sure you expect that of any manager but his choice of DOF? That's a new one to me. Was the jock Stein end to be renamed the Howe end as well? This guy has been given an eternity and had Celtic not been working on an alternative we'd be looking at another Gordon/Forster type scenario. I also find it unusual that the club have come out and said hes not coming first. Hes a talented manager, one that the majority of us wanted but at what price? The more that comes out about this whole saga the more relieved I am it's not Howe, and I wanted him as well. There are many, many talented managers who would jump at the chance to manage Celtic and the " I want my DOF " doesnt quite add up for me I'd even go as far as saying I've never heard of anything like it. Celtic will appoint a top manager though Postecoglu I've no idea of his talents but the same can be said of wim Jansen and Venglos. I get the feeling that Howe was using Celtic to get a job in the EPL and he will probably without Hughes as his DOF as well. At the end of the day if Howe cannot work under a guy like Harkin or someone else then hes no business being Celtic manager. I am angry about the whole thing, hes left us blowing in the wind and thankfully McKay unlike lawell hasnt put all his eggs in one basket it seems. Its Howe who misses the big opportunity here not Celtic.

I felt that Howe was too lightweight for Celtic. I know a little bit about Ange P and he is way too lightweight for Celtic. Really nice guy and good with the press but no tactical genius.
He must have something about him to lead Australia to 2 world cups especially when hes competing against the south Koreans and Japanese. I get the vibe here that people are underratting the asian game it's not shite it's a higher standard than Scotland though that's not difficult. If it's to be Ange P give the guy a chance, remember the Wim who? The Dr jo who? One stopped the ten and between them henrik and lubo were acquired. Theres only MSM reports that say its Ange P and theyve been wrong many times. Keep the faith this is no longer lawells toy thing HH

He must have something about him to lead Australia to 2 world cups especially when hes competing against the south Koreans and Japanese. I get the vibe here that people are underratting the asian game it's not shite it's a higher standard than Scotland though that's not difficult. If it's to be Ange P give the guy a chance, remember the Wim who? The Dr jo who? One stopped the ten and between them henrik and lubo were acquired. Theres only MSM reports that say its Ange P and theyve been wrong many times. Keep the faith this is no longer lawells toy thing HH
It has been all about graft for the Aussies in the last 25 years since Guus Hiddink or even a wee but further back with Terry Venables

It has been all about graft for the Aussies in the last 25 years since Guus Hiddink or even a wee but further back with Terry Venables
Well graft is something that we could do with right about now. Not long ago we'd play, play , play until finally the opposition would run out of fitness and energy. Last season was the reverse if the guys all about graft I welcome it

Well graft is something that we could do with right about now. Not long ago we'd play, play , play until finally the opposition would run out of fitness and energy. Last season was the reverse if the guys all about graft I welcome it
The problem is though Winter that we would have no tactics or coaching to enter Europe. Might be better to pay the money and get a better coach/manager in. It will not be hard to beat the huns next year and return to the top where we should be.
Harkin, McGinness, and g decent coach/management team. This is not a disaster.... yet, but then there is always Keane, O'Neill, and Kennedy to spoil the view.

The problem is though Winter that we would have no tactics or coaching to enter Europe. Might be better to pay the money and get a better coach/manager in. It will not be hard to beat the huns next year and return to the top where we should be.
Harkin, McGinness, and g decent coach/management team. This is not a disaster.... yet, but then there is always Keane, O'Neill, and Kennedy to spoil the view.
You're right this is not a disaster and for me Howe just wanted too much of Celtic who were right to pull the plug imo. Not many will know of Ange P and his abilities including myself but it doesnt mean hes not got them. Any decent manager will beat slippy .

How can you encourage or demand graft from your players when your fist team includes the likes of Ntcham, Eddy, Ajeti and Julia who epitomise ......INDOLENT?

The suggestion that we should be okay with it because we’d never heard of either wim or dr jo is irrelevant
We’re Celtic and we should be attracting l a far bigger name than the new favourite.
This guy whatever his pedigree is an unknown to us and he knows little about Scottish football and has no experience of European football. We are 3 weeks from pre season training with half a team.
He will know little about his ‘enforced targets’. The chances of us attracting or keeping players with an unknown coach are greatly reduced.
The chances of him succeeding are therefore reduced. It’s a testament to our boards lack of understanding of us supporters feelings that they think they can take such a chance with this appointment and offer us more of the same.
We need someone with experience/gravitas who knows the game here, has actively participated in British/European football and can hit the ground running.

The suggestion that we should be okay with it because we’d never heard of either wim or dr jo is irrelevant
We’re Celtic and we should be attracting l a far bigger name than the new favourite.
This guy whatever his pedigree is an unknown to us and he knows little about Scottish football and has no experience of European football. We are 3 weeks from pre season training with half a team.
He will know little about his ‘enforced targets’. The chances of us attracting or keeping players with an unknown coach are greatly reduced.
The chances of him succeeding are therefore reduced. It’s a testament to our boards lack of understanding of us supporters feelings that they think they can take such a chance with this appointment and offer us more of the same.
We need someone with experience/gravitas who knows the game here, has actively participated in British/European football and can hit the ground running.
He does have European football experience from his time in Greece

How can you encourage or demand graft from your players when your fist team includes the likes of Ntcham, Eddy, Ajeti and Julia who epitomise ......INDOLENT?
I dont think that it's fair to include julien in the lazy/ sluggish department. I cast my mind back to the side that Rodgers inherited and he was able to get the best of the most ordinary players in our eyes. Theres no reason to think that the new manager wint have the same effect

All very valid points here. I’m not normally one of the tin-foil hat brigade but this does smell like a bit of a set up. What other team REALLY waits 3 months on a manager to come in? So this gets built up then he says he’s not coming ....and suddenly we get a left field name who may be a decent guy, but NO WAY is he a credible guy to manage us.
All doom and gloom and then we get Roy Keane or John Kennedy foisted on us - the plan all along.
So SO hacked off at the moment ☹️

All very valid points here. I’m not normally one of the tin-foil hat brigade but this does smell like a bit of a set up. What other team REALLY waits 3 months on a manager to come in? So this gets built up then he says he’s not coming ....and suddenly we get a left field name who may be a decent guy, but NO WAY is he a credible guy to manage us.
All doom and gloom and then we get Roy Keane or John Kennedy foisted on us - the plan all along.
So SO hacked off at the moment ☹️
Why is he not a credible candidate for the Celtic job? Wasnt the same said of Janssen and Venglos?

Despite the shenanigans of pre season and whoever/whatever we sign
It’ll not matter a fuck really
If there’s 10,000 allowed into first home game we’ll all be praying it’s us as the chosen few
Whether it’s ange from east Enders or dirty den managing, two wins and two performances and he’ll be the new klopp
Beat the huns and it’s lift off

No experience in European football apart from a small stint in the 3rd division in Greece. He’s journeyed around Australia and Asia for 20 odd years yet never been on anybody’s radar - yet all of a sudden he’s a hidden gem.
Now you may be right Winter - maybe he will come in and blow us all away, but really as things stand I can’t see how someone who most people couldn’t pick out of a line up despite being in the game so long is suddenly a credible candidate. Think we’ll have to agree to differ on this one 😂

No experience in European football apart from a small stint in the 3rd division in Greece. He’s journeyed around Australia and Asia for 20 odd years yet never been on anybody’s radar - yet all of a sudden he’s a hidden gem.
Now you may be right Winter - maybe he will come in and blow us all away, but really as things stand I can’t see how someone who most people couldn’t pick out of a line up despite being in the game so long is suddenly a credible candidate. Think we’ll have to agree to differ on this one 😂
No problem with agreeing to disagree but remember that this isnt necessarily the guy who will get the job anyway. MSM reports remember

Members online

Latest posts

Back