Did Jonny Be Good?

Jonny was one of the very fortunate pro footballers who get to play for the club they support,but in jonny,s case he did not just support Glasgow Celtic he loved Glasgow Celtic.
In the 67 games Jonny played in I cannot recall him ever letting his team down,not always the best player but definitely always a trier.
I wish Jonny all the very best wherever he ends up.

HH.

Said it before but it's worth saying again......every team needs battlers and grafters, they're the guys who work their arses off without the fanfare and adulation but without them the the flair players couldn't do what they do. Jonny Hayes was a battler and a grafter and he gave his all every time he pulled on that jersey.

Said it before but it's worth saying again......every team needs battlers and grafters, they're the guys who work their arses off without the fanfare and adulation but without them the the flair players couldn't do what they do. Jonny Hayes was a battler and a grafter and he gave his all every time he pulled on that jersey.
Totally agree, I think he should have been kept for 10 in a row season as there are teams out there that are just thugs and try to kick players off the park and Johnny was always up for these games and he never let us down. I really hope he gets a decent contract somewhere to finish off his career

No secret that I am a fan of this hard working fighter. I hope we don't regret him not being there when we are battling against some hammer throwers on a miserable November day on some plastic pitch.

Not only was he guaranteed to get stuck in but I thought if you had him and Bitton on the bench then we had all 4 defenders, defensive midfield and left (and right) wing covered in case of injury.

From what Broony says, he will be missed off the pitch too. He is the type of hard working player that often does well as a coach so he might be back again in the future (squaring up against rangers III's manager, Halliday???).

Thought he gave his all when he played for us
Might have got more games in but for the bad injury.
The sort of player I like in the squad if not necessarily a first choice player.
Far better than some of the rubbish Rogers brought in who've never even got a game
I wish him all the best

http://celticbynumberscom.ipage.com/did-jonny-be-good/

Jonny Hayes Celtic career spanned 3 years but only 67 appearances. He will forever be part of Rome and played a full part on the Cup Final win against Hearts. Master at filling in, a Lennon favourite but a surprising Rodgers signing. Farewell and all the best, here is the Celtic By Numbers retrospective.
The wee man did us proud. Always be remembered as a winner in the hoops.

Members online

No members online now.

Back