Distraught?

Hey Doc, what's the local angle on Aldous Harding?

Just happened upon some of her stuff recently and I think I've accidentally found myself a new source of musical therapy.
She is seen as a rising star of music here. Not a household name yet. Tried to get a ticket for her wellington gig on Aug 30th but sold out. She has a great clear voice and could soon become a star. Actually for a population less than Scotland we sometimes seem to punch above our weight in New Zealand despite our distant location from the large population centres. Think Lorde and Crowded House in Music. We only tend to get recognition however when we leave NZ and receive admiration from the world. Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and the Avatar series all come from Wellington. Need I say All Blacks. That is sporting excellence as will be seen again soon in Japan at the World Cup when we go for an historic TREBLE. Put visit NZ on your bucket list and make it happen soon. We've made it to the semifinal of the Cricket World Cup despite only having about 30 players on a professional contract in the country. No one expects us to actually win but on the day if our team gels we can beat anyone. Telling us that we have no chance is like a red rag to a bull. We want to prove that we are as good as anywhere else in the world. Try our Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir. It makes French versions seem insipid. We do not aim to be the best in NZ but aim to be worldclass in whatever we do. I love living here surrounded by people who want to rise above their ingrained pessimism and seek to excel. It's a great place for my children and grandchildren to grow up. No one asks what school you went to. Everyone deserves a fair chance. Kia Kaha -Be strong!

Last edited:
She is seen as a rising star of music here. Not a household name yet. Tried to get a ticket for her wellington gig on Aug 30th but sold out. She has a great clear voice and could soon become a star. Actually for a population less than Scotland we sometimes seem to punch above our weight in New Zealand despite our distant location from the large population centres. Think Lorde and Crowded House in Music. We only tend to get recognition however when we leave NZ and receive admiration from the world. Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and the Avatar series all come from Wellington. Need I say All Blacks. That is sporting excellence as will be seen again soon in Japan at the World Cup when we go for an historic TREBLE. Put visit NZ on your bucket list and make it happen soon. We've made it to the semifinal of the Cricket World Cup despite only having about 30 players on a professional contract in the country. No one expects us to actually win but on the day if our team gels we can beat anyone. Telling us that we have no chance is like a red rag to a bull. We want to prove that we are as good as anywhere else in the world. Try our Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir. It makes French versions seem insipid. We do not aim to be the best in NZ but aim to be worldclass in whatever we do. I love living here surrounded by people who want to rise above their ingrained pessimism and seek to excel. It's a great place for my children and grandchildren to grow up. No one asks what school you went to. Everyone deserves a fair chance. Kia Kaha -Be strong!
Hi Fisiani already on my Bucket list love Rugger and just love the style the All Blacks play the game. Also love the friendly way the
People treat each other and visitors to its country and the Pride they have for There Country.

HH ?

It might not seem like a big deal to you but today i got my 1st ever pair of reading glasses?.
It gets much much worse. Thought I'd take a selfie with them on and to my horror i found myself looking at Alex McLeish????.
I'm a broken man with no job prospects?.
I would post it here but don't think that's the done thing lol.
HH?
Awrite 4 eyes, welcome to the club
You're in good company mate
The Alex McLeish bit, is of course, disconecerting, but you're a Tim, so will carry the goggles off, with distinction ;-)
HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back