Does Anyone Have Any Sympathy For Hearts or Partick Thistle et al?

What’s your take on this pending court action? Is there more to it than meets the eye?

When it comes to scottish football who knows. Theres so much corruption going on that it wouldnt surprise me if every club in scotland has their own little blackmail/bargaining chip to use against the blazers. As soon as a club doesnt get what they wants it will use their information of corruption to their own benefit.

Sevco have gone very quiet on the matter and you have to wonder who's bank rolling a club like Thistle but it still smacks of sour grapes and I can't see how turning the matter into a legal charade will change the rules that are already in existence. We know how corrupt the game is in Scotland, so nothing would surprise me but it's time some clubs acknowledged the fact that they finished last when the season was ended and suck it up. You'd think survival would be their main aim instead of being on a hiding to nothing.

Don't want to see any team go under,but as Sham says survival first that being the most important target,it would appear that Budge is more concerned about her ego than the team Patrick started off saying they could not afford to fight any battle as it was more important to survive,then some mysterious money sorce no doubt through Hearts backers comes out of the woodwork and they do a 360 turn,as has been pointed out sevco have retreated to the rear you would have to ask why they are normally leading the charge,perhaps in 5/6 years time it will all come out,regardless of the outcome both clubs have put themselves in a position of becoming the most hated clubs in the league perhaps that's why sevco have kept quite letting others take the heat off of them,something's afoot??

I can’t see where there going with this, hearts want 8 mill compensation, Celtic would have to win the league 2 1/2 times to get that much, can’t see how that’s justified, Scottish football is a private members club, the clubs make the rules, everyone abides by them, court proceedings are a certainty to fail, there’s NO LAW that has been broken, I’d like to see the other 40 clubs vote to remove their membership if they attempt delay the season, let’s call their bluff....

At the outset I did think it would be unfair for teams to be relegated when they were still very much in with a good chance of overtaking the teams just above them.

Now of course, the reason these teams are down is due to their own awful performances and the rules have been followed (indeed, these teams voted in favour of this decision!!!).

I am also in favour of restructuring the league set-up, but not rushing this through specifically to save Hearts from relegation.

But rather than try to win the other clubs over by persuasion and sensible debate, they went straight for the bullying and threats. So no, I don't have any sympathy for them now! If Budge wants to blame anyone then take a look in the mirror, then at that treasured dig-eared photo of Levine she carries with her at all times. And then fuck off to the Championship!

None at all Hearts with there sleakit backing of the dossier and hidden cash while each year claiming they were adhearing to ffp

Thistle none at all you reap what you sow the masonic handshake have led them down the court path and if it fails they have more to lose ,,,and they can't see it

Its a bit like feeling sorry for someone knocked out playing musical chairs or pass the parcel, due to a power cut.

When the music stopped they were on the ejector seat left holding the dreaded parcel.

Might have stopped with them anyway, but to claim the whole game is null and void due to a power cut means their gain would be someone else's loss.

I would have felt more sympathy for a team winning their league through good football their league then getting null and void, than the worst team at moment getting saved from their own shit play.

Every decision makes someone the worse off.

if you null and void you sympathise with self inflicted teams who found themselves in the hot seat.

But you demean the hard work of the team trying to win and who actually through their good results of their own were stopped on the best seat when the game was stopped.

best result is to punish the worst team at time and best team at time that way the whole game has validity and supported with sound reasons rather than hypothetical subjectivity which might not happen and besides

the worst team at the music ending knows its gonna have repercussions, so try your best to never be in that seat just incase the music stops at wonky time again in future.

Last edited:
Its a bit like feeling sorry for someone knocked out playing musical chairs or pass the parcel, due to a power cut.

When the music stopped they were on the ejector seat left holding the dreaded parcel.

Might have stopped with them anyway, but to claim the whole game is null and void due to a power cut means their gain would be someone else's loss.

I would have felt more sympathy for a team winning their league, through good football their league, getting null and void than the worst team at moment getting saved from their own shit play.

Every decision makes someone the worse off.

if you null and void you sympathise with self inflicted teams who found themselves in the hot seat.

But you demean the hard work of the team trying to win and who actually through their good results of their own were stopped on the best seat when the game was stopped.

best result is to punish the worst team at time and best team at time that way the whole game has validity and supported with sound reasons rather than hypothetical subjectivity which might not happen and besides

the worst team at the music ending knows its gonna have repercussions, so try your best to never be in that seat just incase the music stops at wonky time again in future.

Aye!

Whit he said...

Members online

Back