Dogma, Superstition, or just pure mentalness

I like a wee flutter every now and then, but my win-ratio is pretty poor because I just can't see past a cuddy that has a name with anything related to Celtic or Ireland.

Shamrock Boy might be a lame Shetland pony, but I'm still going to throw a fiver at it based on my dogmatic faith that it is a sign from the Good Lord above that all things Celtic/Irish are incontrovertibly good.

My less faith-oriented friends call it superstition, my girl just calls it pure "mentalness".

Whatever it is, I doubt I'll ever be able to pick my horses differently. Form, ground and weather mean nothing when there's green and white silks on a three-legged donkey.

That's why I'm having an issue with Mika and his likely departure from the club.

For 8-seasons he has been a solid member of our squad. He's never been regarded as an absolute game-changer and he's been a bit of a three-legged donkey himself on a few occasions - but for 8-seasons he has been a Celtic player and in each of those seasons we have won the title.

I know that it's not just a coincidence. We have had the best squad, the best team and the best players; however - dogma, superstition, or just pure mentalness means that I would rather Celtic played ball and in the words of Iggy and the Stooges, just made him a Lustig for Life.

Not necessarily an automatic starter, but strong cover and a positive force in the dressing room.

I might not have the best results with my coupons, but I think ive backed a winner in Mikael.

Don't back horse's or the dugs anymore, not since I blew a quartetly bonus in the bookies & the pub one bank holiday when I was young & stupid. Just my £2 on a coupon during the football season & maybe the odd correct score & scorer but that requires the Mrs Permission, she's still never forgot about that misdeed 30yrs ago. Even when I do hit a big win she still get a sarcastic dig in about that bonus. ?

I mind when we were wee my granny used to always get the ghirls 3 pair of pink and 3 pair of blue pants.

These things when pulled up went up to your shoulders.

Me n my cousins always used to laugh our heads off at our playsuits haha
I used to get my big brothers handy-dooners.......it was like a onesie before onesie's were trendy.....only smellier and with added mushrooms

Don't back horse's or the dugs anymore, not since I blew a quartetly bonus in the bookies & the pub one bank holiday when I was young & stupid. Just my £2 on a coupon during the football season & maybe the odd correct score & scorer but that requires the Mrs Permission, she's still never forgot about that misdeed 30yrs ago. Even when I do hit a big win she still get a sarcastic dig in about that bonus. ?
Bane of my Da's life, TT........no the bookies, but my Ma's retribution.

Never knew a frying-pan had so many uses

As long as it's a good non-stick one. You don't want brain matter ruining your kitchenware. ?

Oh i don’t know about that Shammy.

Am thinking i’d put it on the wall like a game hunter.

Although smash as i would i doubt there would be much brain on it ???

Back