Dominic McKay plans to “Surprise and Delight” the Celtic Support – New CEO calls The Celtic Star

Or we will be delighted to know that, as a reward for our continued support, the board will be releasing 24 new strips for season 21/22 that can be ours for the knock down price of £74.99 per top (shorts and socks not included) and if you buy all 24 you get 50p off your next purchase at the super store (on selected items)....or.....they will announce a special "old firm" day at the stadium where you can stand for 90 minutes being abused and listen to your legends be abused with the recordings of your rivals favourite songs, followed by an assault course through metal fences as you leave the stadium with the board hanging out the windows calling you racist and entitled.....all this for the knock down price of £16.90!!! (Someone on our board would pick that price out the air)
Get that aff Celtic? excellent I'll have 3 ☘😛

Think whether we like it or not liewell is gonna have a certain amount of influence even when he’s gone, WGS wiz the only thing that was worth watching oan that waste a money pass to paradise🙈🙈🙈 least the wee man shows a bit a passion for the club is he the answer fuck knows 🙈
Doubt it very very much !

Is it though. Let's phone up a few blogs , whisper sweet nothing in their ears and make them feel important.
How about signing some players , get a new backroom team in etc
Actions speak louder than words.
Get Strachan in is a backwards step. He knows the club, so is the club not going to change and modernise?
Hail Hail brother !

Is it though. Let's phone up a few blogs , whisper sweet nothing in their ears and make them feel important.
How about signing some players , get a new backroom team in etc
Actions speak louder than words.
Get Strachan in is a backwards step. He knows the club, so is the club not going to change and modernise?
The outgoing CEO had his own way of working with the fan media, a few were 'in the inner circle' but rarely if ever criticised their great leaders. The days of a compliant fan media are numbered though. McKay's called various blogs last week and promised greater engagement, meetings and an ongoing dialogue with the support, via fan media and other means. Let's give the guy a chance.
The early signs are encouraging, only a little of what has been discussed and the topics covered over a number of months have been mentioned.

On Gordon Strachan this rumour won't go away and as Niall J wrote yesterday there is some merit in it. I'd say if he was on the board and replaced some of the stale old guys on there who contribute little that we can see...

The outgoing CEO had his own way of working with the fan media, a few were 'in the inner circle' but rarely if ever criticised their great leaders. The days of a compliant fan media are numbered though. McKay's called various blogs last week and promised greater engagement, meetings and an ongoing dialogue with the support, via fan media and other means. Let's give the guy a chance.
The early signs are encouraging, only a little of what has been discussed and the topics covered over a number of months have been mentioned.

On Gordon Strachan this rumour won't go away and as Niall J wrote yesterday there is some merit in it. I'd say if he was on the board and replaced some of the stale old guys on there who contribute little that we can see...
Must admit WC would feel far more comfortable with WGS on board to help Ange with an insight upon Scottish football, than relying on the imput from JK

I for one don't think we are fecked up. New era things are looking up give everyone the chance to prove themselves. If it all goes wrong then we can call for the boards head. New directions required DD must then sell up. But that s a long ways down the track. Give everyone the chance now . FFS we can and will get better we must. ☘️☘️☘️

I'm all for giving the new CEO a chance WC......but will you stay strong if he is using a PL tactic to get fan media on board? Speak to everyone, see who is more compliant and will be less critical in the future then bin the rest off. Is that not what PL did? Hasn't he been shadowing PL for the last few months?

I'm all for giving the new CEO a chance WC......but will you stay strong if he is using a PL tactic to get fan media on board? Speak to everyone, see who is more compliant and will be less critical in the future then bin the rest off. Is that not what PL did? Hasn't he been shadowing PL for the last few months?
He'll have had his own views before going in there to see under the bonnet, he'll have taken all that on board and should be judged on what he does and not what he's seen others do. PL stayed too long - he was obsessed with the Ten (yet Lennon wanted to blame that on fans). As far as the fan media goes, that may happen. It's a collective term but there are very few examples of it working together to achieve admirable aims (we teamed up with Celts Are Here to jointly promote the applause at Celtic Park to acknowledge the end of the long unbeaten run under Rodgers, struggling to think of others).

Res 12 maybe, although that was perhaps undermined by its own Fifth Column in the Fan Media.

The main blog sites these days have shown nothing to suggest that might happen. Unsure on the podcast. video side of things - there are so many podcasts etc, it is hard to keep up. The team at the Cynic had access last season and were not afraid to call things out at Celtic.

Each blog will take their own view in how they want to cover matters. Celtic under McKay won't try to do what Lawwell did with a select group of the then main blogs in the early days of his regime and the fans going online for their news. (If he tried he'd be onto a huge loser with us and I know most if not all the others bigger sites).

All you can do is do what you already do and judge each member of the fan media on their own actions and merits.

I'm sceptically optimistic about the future. I have a healthy streak of cynicism running down my spine, but the paradoxical and oxymoronic (with a silent 'oxy') nature of myself means that I dive head first into the getitrightupthum perspective.

McKay will know that he has a hardcore of the base who will never be for shifting regardless of how shite we are, so his main job initially is to consolidate with the 'on the fencers'.

He knows the only way to really do that in a results-driven business is to actually get results where they really matter and that's on the pitch. Sharp accountancy does not always equate to success, but neither does throwing good money after bad.

Results on the pitch also relate directly to share prices and dividends, so it's likely that Celtic will throw some cold hard cash at the problem, but if it's being thrown at project players and other clubs cast-off, then the current problems only compound themselves further.

The CEO appears ambitious. He may not be remotely close to taking the wage that PL did, but he also knows that big success can create a pathway for himself to the possible future riches of the EPL.

Celtic's onfield success is directly relatable to his own personal success, so I'm hopeful that his thumb comes oot his arse pretty quickly and that gets on getting on with stamping his presence on things.

He'll have had his own views before going in there to see under the bonnet, he'll have taken all that on board and should be judged on what he does and not what he's seen others do. PL stayed too long - he was obsessed with the Ten (yet Lennon wanted to blame that on fans). As far as the fan media goes, that may happen. It's a collective term but there are very few examples of it working together to achieve admirable aims (we teamed up with Celts Are Here to jointly promote the applause at Celtic Park to acknowledge the end of the long unbeaten run under Rodgers, struggling to think of others).

Res 12 maybe, although that was perhaps undermined by its own Fifth Column in the Fan Media.

The main blog sites these days have shown nothing to suggest that might happen. Unsure on the podcast. video side of things - there are so many podcasts etc, it is hard to keep up. The team at the Cynic had access last season and were not afraid to call things out at Celtic.

Each blog will take their own view in how they want to cover matters. Celtic under McKay won't try to do what Lawwell did with a select group of the then main blogs in the early days of his regime and the fans going online for their news. (If he tried he'd be onto a huge loser with us and I know most if not all the others bigger sites).

All you can do is do what you already do and judge each member of the fan media on their own actions and merits.

Wee idea for you WC...Next time you have a chat with the new CEO, convince him to ban the MSM from the press seats and give them to our bloggers. Then you can run wee raffles on the noise to take a lucky fan with you!!!! Raise a bit of cash for celtics charities, bring more members to the noise and get more fans onside with the board!!! The fences will be a distant memory.....its a win win win for everyone 😁😁😁😁

Wee idea for you WC...Next time you have a chat with the new CEO, convince him to ban the MSM from the press seats and give them to our bloggers. Then you can run wee raffles on the noise to take a lucky fan with you!!!! Raise a bit of cash for celtics charities, bring more members to the noise and get more fans onside with the board!!! The fences will be a distant memory.....its a win win win for everyone 😁😁😁😁
I'd have no interest in taking one of those seats.

Members online

Latest posts

Back