Double Signing From Japan?

The rumours have intensified in the last day that the Reo Hatate deal is nearly done. I'm assuming he will be our (attacking) left back, but he also plays defensive & attacking midfield as well. He said his tearful farewell to the fans at the end of the season. Him and Maeda look like they'd be brilliant additions to our side so I hope we can close the deals.

The rumours have intensified in the last day that the Reo Hatate deal is nearly done. I'm assuming he will be our (attacking) left back, but he also plays defensive & attacking midfield as well. He said his tearful farewell to the fans at the end of the season. Him and Maeda look like they'd be brilliant additions to our side so I hope we can close the deals.
Very hard to get to confident BB with the way this board like to and have acted in the past.
Agreed that it would seem like another 2 great signings as the Asian Market would be favourite for getting in potential great signings as usually January Market is littered more so with loan signings which is not much use to us imo.
Trying to get decent signings in our price range in the European market mid season is going to be bit of a long shot imo.
If this board are really going to back Ange as a manager then I believe January will give us that answer as well as seeing if they really have got the best interests of the club in mind or having to make do with what they have given Ange so far.
Still wouldn't like to call the outcome yet

Very hard to get to confident BB with the way this board like to and have acted in the past.
Agreed that it would seem like another 2 great signings as the Asian Market would be favourite for getting in potential great signings as usually January Market is littered more so with loan signings which is not much use to us imo.
Trying to get decent signings in our price range in the European market mid season is going to be bit of a long shot imo.
If this board are really going to back Ange as a manager then I believe January will give us that answer as well as seeing if they really have got the best interests of the club in mind or having to make do with what they have given Ange so far.
Still wouldn't like to call the outcome yet
I know John no - it is difficult not to be cynical with this lot's track record in transfer deals, but hopefully Ange is strong enough to persuade them to properly support him. There is a myth that you don't get value for money in the January window but I dont think this applies to the Japanese market where the league has just finished so teams are happy to buy and sell players before the next seadon starts. Plus players are cheaper there than many European countries so we can definitely afford them.

As I have said do many times before, get a couple of class players in and settled now so they are fully up to speed for next season.

I wonder too if Ange might bring in one or two backroom staff from Japan as well?

Fingers crossed the board support the manager's judgement this time, as I think too many players have been forced on tgem in the past. He has also had a chance to judge the playing squad so I expect a handful of players to be sold or go out on loan to develop.

I know John no - it is difficult not to be cynical with this lot's track record in transfer deals, but hopefully Ange is strong enough to persuade them to properly support him. There is a myth that you don't get value for money in the January window but I dont think this applies to the Japanese market where the league has just finished so teams are happy to buy and sell players before the next seadon starts. Plus players are cheaper there than many European countries so we can definitely afford them.

As I have said do many times before, get a couple of class players in and settled now so they are fully up to speed for next season.

I wonder too if Ange might bring in one or two backroom staff from Japan as well?

Fingers crossed the board support the manager's judgement this time, as I think too many players have been forced on tgem in the past. He has also had a chance to judge the playing squad so I expect a handful of players to be sold or go out on loan to develop.
Totally agree BB, we have got a big advantage over most teams with Ange and his knowledge of the players within the j league.
Had time now to be able to make the judgements on the players which would be best suited for us and the demands expected and the shite they potentially face within Scottish football.
Better hope DD don't get involved as Mccarthy and scales has hardly been a masterstroke of his by bringing these 2 in who have served no purpose to us as of yet.
Can see us potentially loaning out a good few and maybe Ajeti could be more of a use in Japan now, especially with there season finished now

Totally agree BB, we have got a big advantage over most teams with Ange and his knowledge of the players within the j league.
Had time now to be able to make the judgements on the players which would be best suited for us and the demands expected and the shite they potentially face within Scottish football.
Better hope DD don't get involved as Mccarthy and scales has hardly been a masterstroke of his by bringing these 2 in who have served no purpose to us as of yet.
Can see us potentially loaning out a good few and maybe Ajeti could be more of a use in Japan now, especially with there season finished now
I still think Scales can do a job for us - possibly on the left side of a 3 man defence with both attacking wing backs in midfield? McCarthy has been a big disappointment so far. I hope he can recover to play as he can because at the moment he looks like his playing career is starting to prematurely peter out and giving him a highly paid 4 year contract looks to be a ridiculous decision by the interfering DD.

Last edited:
I still think Scales can do a job for us - possibly on the left side of a 3 man defence with both attackingbwing backs in midfield? McCarthy has been a big disappointment so far. I hope he can recover to play as he can because at the moment he looks like his playing career is starting to prematurely peter out and giving him a highly paid 4 year contract looks to be a ridiculous decision by the interfering DD.
Agreed BB, scales may have potential still, a total change in formation needed to see if Mccarthy can yet be of any value to us still, cause he's no use to us in a 3 man midfield, that's for sure imo.
Need to keep winning beforehand and regain the league Cup for starters, yet if we done that the board might think we are good enough, so don't need anybody.
The potential Asian players would be not just about seeing out this season, it would have us set up early for once next season as there seems like fantastic value for money, judging by what kyogo has already bought to the club

He's supposedly mainly a midfielder and right-footed. If Ange wants him then he must be good but I don't know if he's the answer to the LB problem.
Defensive midfield is another position we desperately need cover in so maybe Ange will play him there (assuming he signs). I believe we were offered Ally McCann in the summer when St Johnstone were looking to sell him but we turned him down so he now stars for Preston instead. Personally I thought he would be a brilliant buy for us and would have strengthened our squad, but it wasn't to be.

I think our side is good enough to win most games but we seem to come up short being able to keep going for the full 90 minutes against much better European sides and it is costing us victories.

I just hope that DD is paying for mcCaarthy out of his own pocket

Members online

Latest posts

Back