Dubai fiasco 13 players and lennon in isolation

It's difficult to know where to start with some input to this thread because, for me, this is only one of many bad decisions taken during what had the potential to be a-never-to-be-repeated-history-making season. Make no mistake, looking beyond the the bounds of Celtic Park for someone to blame is not only futile, it's absurd. Who should carry the can? Well, I just can't look any further than our boardroom. The buck stops with them; they have embarrassed our club with a series of bad decisions. Let me be clear, I've never been one to call publicly for P L to be sacked, in actual fact I think for most of his time in charge he's done a very good job.

Ask any supporter of any other club if they would like to have had the success we've enjoyed over the last twenty years or so. However, for whatever reason his decision making has been suspect for some time now. I will cut him some slack here, I know we're not privy to the circumstances when making decisions. But I also know our club should be able to secure the services of players we can consider first team starters. Is he guilty of complacency? I can't answer that.
Is he working under constraints set by D D ? I can't answer that either. I can only give an opinion on what I see happening before my eyes, and it's not acceptable. So Peter, the buck stops with you.

The Dubia decision is only one of many bad calls, not just this season, but for a few years now. Time to go.

Supporters stumped up their season ticket money to help out the club not knowing how the season would pan out . It is almost certain that we won't see a minute of action inside Celtic Park until next season ( possibly ? ).
This was common knowledge for months now , and with this new strain of Covid cutting the feet from everyone it was likely to be a rough few months ahead for all of us .

So what idiot in the Board Room thought it wise to take the team on a ''Jolly Boys' Outing '' to the Covid capital of the Middle East while the supporters were sitting at home , freezing their frustrated butts off watching the Manky Mob with the Devil's own luck streak away in the League ?

HH
If the board dont answer us on this then fuk them all I'll just become an armchair supporter because I'm sure as fuk not doing it again weve paid millions in and this is the thanks we get, I'd say unacceptable but that's downplaying it massively

As far as I am concerned this decision made today is totally unlawful and needs to be called out.
A decision was made to allow this trip from government and Scottish FA, which was ridiculous in the first place.
Yet last week, wee Nic backtracks claiming it was allowed on a R and R (rest and relax, I believe) which clearly was not the case and calls for an investigation.
The Scottish FA refuse the request as they know we have done nothing wrong in only asking a question even though it was in bad taste imo.
Now the government and Scottish fa realised they they have scored a huge own goal, let's use the corruption route yet again when the biggest benefactors of such a decision will be the scum yet again.
How can a decision like this be made when so unlawful?
Putting life's at risk when there can be no guarantees this is not the case.
No way should this game be taken place tonight with such uncertainty still in place. I do not believe this game would have taken place in any other country in the world given the circumstances involved.
So why has the game been allowed to take place?
I strongly believe that yet again we shall punish celtic for showing us in government and the Scottish Fa what a shower of incompetent useless corrupt wankers they all are, and throw in PL traitor and you have the full set.
Of course this game could not be cancelled due to another shower of wankers SKY involvement and there promotion of the scum, and yet campaign on the kick it out campaign but yet I have no coverage from them on the abuse our team were subjected to at the pig sty and nothing about the racial on line abuse Jonathan ofo had to suffer at Dundee on Saturday.
Even the spfl who have already punished teams unfairly with 3-0 defeats which again I believe is unlawful as there is no way they can be held responsible for not been able to fulfil a fixture due to Covid-19 as we have all seen down south this is not the case with putting life's before football.
As also I believe they have acted unlawfully allowing there own rules to be broken by a club renowned for rule breaks and also the first to do so yet again this season with added to a yellow card been issued to Scottish football and yet try to claim they are the benchmark of perfection on how a football club should deal with this virus? Bullshit, more like another cover up to hide the truth.

I really do believe as a club we will never get a better chance to call out the level of corruption that is so rampant within the Scottish game. As much as I would love to see our youngsters given their oppertunity and would still win the game i believe that the princeables are far to big to be ignored any longer.
I call on celtic and Hibs to boycott this match by putting players safety before corrupt organisations and there showing that they are all uncapable of managering the Scottish football.
An immediate suspension of football in Scotland should be called in order for UEFA to carry out a full investigation into the shitshow of Scottish football at present, from top to bottom and also a chance to highlight the level of bias so called reffing that is also destroying the game, in FFP and adding to the benifits of only one shower of cheating cunts.
Of course PL traitor would not make such a call as he seems to be just as filthy as the manky mob.
I would like to think that maybe David Lowe of the celtic trust should use the resources of the Trust to mount a legal challenge against the powers to be, in order to maybe get some kind of justice within all of these corrupt organisations and there unlawful decisions.
I apologise for the long rant and wish all members of our club and support to stay safe and well as it is evident to me that no one else in Scotland do
Sorry John, but I disagree. It gives me no pleasure at all but if there is any blame to be apportioned for this clusterfuq then it is against Celtic. We took this decision to travel to a Covid hotspot for warm weather training when Scotland was away to enter a lockdown situation. Even if it was allowed it was still a very risky thing to do and it has backfired and we compromised our players and employees safety.

If you watched Sturgeon's briefing last week it was because precisely Celtic (Neil Lennon I think) had said it was for R'n'R which she was annoyed at and said the SFA may need to have a closer look at as this would be going against the spirit for allowing elite athletes exemption from travel restrictions during this pandemic. It was then that the club really pushed the narrative of training hard in warm conditions.

And why take an injured person on this trip - he would not benefit in any way from being in a warm climate as he could not train anyway?

I'm not saying there isn't biasness, incompetence or even corruption, but quite frankly in my opinion we are really pushing it if we are going try to take the moral high ground in this battle. We fecked things up big time.

Last edited:
It's difficult to know where to start with some input to this thread because, for me, this is only one of many bad decisions taken during what had the potential to be a-never-to-be-repeated-history-making season. Make no mistake, looking beyond the the bounds of Celtic Park for someone to blame is not only futile, it's absurd. Who should carry the can? Well, I just can't look any further than our boardroom. The buck stops with them; they have embarrassed our club with a series of bad decisions. Let me be clear, I've never been one to call publicly for P L to be sacked, in actual fact I think for most of his time in charge he's done a very good job.

Ask any supporter of any other club if they would like to have had the success we've enjoyed over the last twenty years or so. However, for whatever reason his decision making has been suspect for some time now. I will cut him some slack here, I know we're not privy to the circumstances when making decisions. But I also know our club should be able to secure the services of players we can consider first team starters. Is he guilty of complacency? I can't answer that.
Is he working under constraints set by D D ? I can't answer that either. I can only give an opinion on what I see happening before my eyes, and it's not acceptable. So Peter, the buck stops with you.

The Dubia decision is only one of many bad calls, not just this season, but for a few years now. Time to go.
I agree with all of that bar 1thing , the club or rather the team did complete a never-to- repeated achievement. Namely the 12 trophies in a row 4th treble on the bounce. Something I personally believe is the more incredible achievement compared to the 10 iar which has been done by clubs before so as disappointed and angry as I am that am that world record achievement cannot be overlooked just because of the shambles that has been the league(so far) and our woeful European performances. It is only fitting that Celtic hold that record as we are a club of many ' firsts' , first northern hemisphere club to win the big cup first to do 9iar twice and now 1st once again to win 4trebles in a row. Now dont get me wrong the club is in a shambolic state right now but for all out failings we did the impossible, the hard way of course but did it all the same and until such a time comes , if ever it does we are the standard bearers. Please don't take that as any kind of defence for the indefensible but let's also not forget what we have have achieved . If it was easy to do then some Finnish or Gibraltar side wouldve done it before. It's a magnificent achievement but covers up not 1 crack. Its bitterly disappointing that has been overshadowed by incompetence from the board and the management team. I firmly believe had lenny not stuck with eddy up frontvm on his own wed be a lot closer than we are as we all know and have seen it even yesterday its not them but ourselves with a little bit of help from the MIBs who have put us in this position. We would never hear the end of it had they or anyone else who'd achieved it so let's not forget what we have done that no other club in the world has ( we need something to be proud of and that world record shouldn't be forgotten so quickly ( HH

Sorry John, but I disagree. It gives me no pleasure at all but if there is any blame to be apportioned for this clusterfuq then it is against Celtic. We took this decision to travel to a Covid hotspot for warm weather training when Scotland was away to enter a lockdown situation. Even if it was allowed it was still a very risky thing to do and it has backfired and we compromised our players and employees safety.

If you watched Sturgeon's briefing last week it was because precisely Celtic (Neil Lennon I think) had said it was for R'n'R which she was annoyed at and so the SFA may need to have a closer look at as this would be going against the spirit for allowing elite athletes exemption from travel restrictions during this pandemic. It was then that the club really pushed the narrative of training hard in warm conditions.

And why take an injured person on this trip - he would not benefit in any way from being in a warm climate as he could not train anyway?

I'm not saying there isn't biasness, incompetence or even corruption, but quite frankly in my opinion we are really pushing it if we are going try to take the moral high ground in this battle. We fecked things up big time.
Not disputing our involvement BB and agree we should not have put ourselves into this position and its hardly as if the team had warranted such a reward.
But the decisions made over this whole fiasco not only by us but also all the other organisations and getting today's outcome for me calls the whole Scottish game into disrepute

Hi Winter, can't disagree with you regarding clubs achievements. What added a bit of spice to the ten-in-row thing was the fact nine in a row was a shared record. But yes, I couldn't agree more with your overall assessment. Perhaps it will take the passing of time before we we can really appreciate the footballing epoch we've lived through. BTW, I don't need the club to set records to make me feel proud to call myself a Celtic supporter. HH.

Many businesses consider gross negligence, if an employee brings the business name into disrepute.

This makes it a sackable offence.

I believe that it was grossly negligent to risk going to Dubai in the current climate. It was not necessary to do so, and as a result of this:

1. If we don't win tonight it will undermined further again, any remote chance that may have remained of winning the league. Hence losing the club valuable Champions League revenue.

2.Player transfer values will also decrease.

3. Not performing in the Champions League will reduce our potential to attract top sponsors, and hence more revenue lost.

4. Adidas, our current sponsor must be appalled and questioning their involvement with us, considering the disaster that this season, on and off the field, has turned into. It reduces our financial negotiating position in the future and is a PR disaster.

5. The reputational damage being done to the Celtic brand, means global companies are less likely to become involved with us.
Resulting once again in further lost revenues and marketing opportunities.

I have consciously only listed, some of the most obvious potential financial and business losses here. Finance and business is allegedly Peter Lawell's forte.

This has all happened on Peter Lawell's watch.

Best wishes to everbody involve in the scare and a speedy recovery. Good luck to the team tonight. HH.

Last edited:
Who would have thought that in the season to go for 10iar that the sabotage would come from within. We have a manager who presided over the worst run of results for years and a CEO along with the major shareholder who backed the manager after it. To me the Manager and the CEO should be shown the door for what has turned into one embarrassing mistake after another.Add to that the arrogance that they have shown in the we know better than anyone what needs to be done but never changed anything to remedy the situation

If you watched Sturgeon's briefing last week it was because precisely Celtic (Neil Lennon I think) had said it was for R'n'R which she was annoyed at and so the SFA may need to have a closer look at as this would be going against the spirit for allowing elite athletes exemption from travel restrictions during this pandemic. It was then that the club really pushed the narrative of training hard in warm conditions.

All spot on Sir Bridie - its an absolute shambles - has been since day one of this season. Every decision worse than the last - on and off the pitch. I hear we are also discussing another contract for Scott Brown ! End of an empire stuff.

It's been a shambles since last season ended
I used to think we were only a shambles in the period between winning the Scottish Cup and the league starting. But we've managed to prolong it into a whole season.
From the boardroom to recruitment mob, to the managers office and the dressing room
Players not fit, players not trying, players that are fit and busting a gut but not getting a look
Taking full season book money from supporters and providing a terrible services to watch at home
Now we've just shown how isolated our club is with 'ordinary' people.
Dubai has been a disaster and chickens coming home springs to mind
It used to be us that won football matches relentlessly while laughing at that mob fuck up at every opportunity, how the tables have turned
The supporters deserve much more from our Club but the custodians deserve to be in the position we are at the moment.

Last edited:
All spot on Sir Bridie - its an absolute shambles - has been since day one of this season. Every decision worse than the last - on and off the pitch. I hear we are also discussing another contract for Scott Brown ! End of an empire stuff.
Is this contract not a coaching one with his name in the first players list should we need him? I was under the impression that was the deal he signed last time?

Is this contract not a coaching one with his name in the first players list should we need him? I was under the impression that was the deal he signed last time?
How could it be winter? When we made him and continue to keep him as club captain? Not that I had to much dispute about the last contact but clarity needs to be made on any future one, oh silly me, we don't do clarity

I would be Ok if Broony was being kept on in a coaching role - he can do his apprenticeship under Kennedy and learn so much.

I'm not sure if it has been posted already but the rumoured 13 players are:

Jullien, Barkas, Hazard, Taylor, Ralston, Henderson, Johnston, Ajeti, Brown, El Hamed, Rogic, Biton and Klimala.

This could well be fake news as El Hamed & Bitton already had previously tested positive for Covid. I guess we'll find out soon enough as soon as the mole tells Gary67... ;)

I'm not sure if it has been posted already but the rumoured 13 players are:

Jullien, Barkas, Hazard, Taylor, Ralston, Henderson, Johnston, Ajeti, Brown, El Hamed, Rogic, Biton and Klimala.

This could well be fake news as El Hamed & Bitton already had previously tested positive for Covid. I guess we'll find out soon enough as soon as the mole tells Gary67... ;)
That list of players was from a fake Raman Bhardwaj twitter account.

Members online

Latest posts

Back