Duffy passed medical and James McCarthy

😣 am happy with the duffy deal πŸ˜– just would have been better if we had bought him,,,really the loan deal makes no sense to me ,,,,cost wise

As for McCarthy i hope he stays injury free a good player we should have bought years ago ,,,anyone know the true price were paying as some are on he deludimol at 8m

😣 am happy with the duffy deal πŸ˜– just would have been better if we had bought him,,,really the loan deal makes no sense to me ,,,,cost wise

As for McCarthy i hope he stays injury free a good player we should have bought years ago ,,,anyone know the true price were paying as some are on he deludimol at 8m
It's a stinking amount to pay for a loan. He will be 28 by the time the deal expires and we will be looking at players around the 5m region anyway.
If 8m is being touted then either the board isn't convinced of his quality or we are just happy to tick over.
We are sitting on the fence waiting for Ajer to make up his mind. If Ajer is indeed off then his fee has to be spent on another 2 cbs and a LB. I won't hold my breath as we don't get that type of sensible recruitment.

There is still time in this window but an international break isn't what we want transfers wise.
Might help clear the cobwebs and help the fitness/morale of the lads we have that get away? (Wrap them in cotton wool pish statement I know)

Ajeti looks like he can do a no9 role. If Duffy can mix it with big strikers then I'm happy with that. Could be two good signings.
If Turnbull is fit and available more than rogic then it's a plus.

Think the lads that want to go have to go sharpish because we aren't going to invest properly otherwise.

Never knew that used to see him wearing his Accies tracky at Hamilton West train station about 15 years ago when i worked not far from Accies stadium.
I never knew that - I always thought he had tried out for our youths but never got signed.

didn't know that either but i looked on transfer market web page at his value Β£3.6m and he's listed as u17 celtic youth player

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a stinking amount to pay for a loan. He will be 28 by the time the deal expires and we will be looking at players around the 5m region anyway.
If 8m is being touted then either the board isn't convinced of his quality or we are just happy to tick over.
We are sitting on the fence waiting for Ajer to make up his mind. If Ajer is indeed off then his fee has to be spent on another 2 cbs and a LB. I won't hold my breath as we don't get that type of sensible recruitment.

There is still time in this window but an international break isn't what we want transfers wise.
Might help clear the cobwebs and help the fitness/morale of the lads we have that get away? (Wrap them in cotton wool pish statement I know)

Ajeti looks like he can do a no9 role. If Duffy can mix it with big strikers then I'm happy with that. Could be two good signings.
If Turnbull is fit and available more than rogic then it's a plus.

Think the lads that want to go have to go sharpish because we aren't going to invest properly otherwise.
Could be worse, could've signed Defoe at 38 on a 2 year loan 😏

A few hungry new players in that know the score can't hurt.
I've seen it in every place I've worked. From when I was in kitchens to the front of house roles. It's all team based.
FF u turn was a kick in the balls. Doesn't mean that similar big characters won't do the same job and give us a lift.
I've seen it pan out in so many rotations of staff.
We recruit right and it will keep some of our better players that aren't sure of the next step on board for this season at least.

Here's hoping anyway

Members online

Back