DUNDEE apologies to Celtic Fans

They talk shite. We know. Rather than investigate and out the cunt they made a piss poor excuse that had more holes in it than a fkn tea bag.

Now nowhere to go. Still no inestigation just duh... don’t know duh.

Pathetic ?ankers.

Go figure ?

I don't understand why clubs release ill-informed statements before undertaking any kind of internal investigation?

Everybody who has seen the footage knows that it's a complete dick job and another attempt to justify a clearly hostile act.

Provincial clubs, like Dundee, base their annual budgets on the appearance of large travelling supports. If they could get away with it, they would gladly open both ends of the ground to Celtic fans to maximise their revenue.

What compels these people (and I use that term in context) to treat customers in such a contemptuous and provocative manner?

I've sent an email to DFC this week and also a letter to the local orange rag. I have not yet received a response to the email and the letter has not yet been published.

Dundee may have had a crisis of conscience, knowing that they, as a business concern and the local economy as a whole, depend on the significant amounts of money Celtic fans have put into their coffers.

I'd be more interested to hear from the dipshit who took down an internationally recognised national flag of an identifiable neutral country and discover if he was acting under instruction by the club/police, or of his own volition.

Either way........arsewipe

And the band played believe it if you like
You know what, Imatim, being a Dundonian myself and having grown up in the area where both Dundee clubs play, it was strangely enough Dundee that seemed to have less issues with former Celtic, or Celtic-minded, players playing for their club.

During that time, Wee Jum and Mr Indignity himself were running the show at Tannadump and beyond Hegarty, Narey, Reilly and Bannon, that club was more identifiable as sympathetic to the establishment.

I've stated a few times that I've never experienced a great deal of sectarianism in Dundee. There are well-established dens of orange iniquity, but by-the-by, you're pretty much allowed to get on with it.

Andybhoy mentioned on the Article 50 thread about the rise of extremism in the right, I happen to agree and that has been nowhere more apparent than in the stadiums this season. I was in the DFC end for both games this season and their limited songbook consisted of their take on the Billy boys. There appeared to be a bit more venom than in previous years and I wasn't prone to making myself known to be a Celtic fan.

I'm glad they issued an apology and it was the main sports headline in the local rag; however - I feel that it's too little too late.

That saddens me, as I enjoyed my experiences with DFC, but if they want to embrace bigotry, then they will no longer enjoy my sympathies.

You know what, Imatim, being a Dundonian myself and having grown up in the area where both Dundee clubs play, it was strangely enough Dundee that seemed to have less issues with former Celtic, or Celtic-minded, players playing for their club.

During that time, Wee Jum and Mr Indignity himself were running the show at Tannadump and beyond Hegarty, Narey, Reilly and Bannon, that club was more identifiable as sympathetic to the establishment.

I've stated a few times that I've never experienced a great deal of sectarianism in Dundee. There are well-established dens of orange iniquity, but by-the-by, you're pretty much allowed to get on with it.

Andybhoy mentioned on the Article 50 thread about the rise of extremism in the right, I happen to agree and that has been nowhere more apparent than in the stadiums this season. I was in the DFC end for both games this season and their limited songbook consisted of their take on the Billy boys. There appeared to be a bit more venom than in previous years and I wasn't prone to making myself known to be a Celtic fan.

I'm glad they issued an apology and it was the main sports headline in the local rag; however - I feel that it's too little too late.

That saddens me, as I enjoyed my experiences with DFC, but if they want to embrace bigotry, then they will no longer enjoy my sympathies.

I think most fans in Scotland are at the stage of having enough of us scooping up the silverware and are ready to see us fall flat on our face and fail, I think this is a normal reaction from people who follow sport, especially football.
A lot of sports fans around the world go for the underdog, the fact that Sevco are the team that are expected to be the main challenger because of their budget will make some fans uneasy about our run coming to an end, others though would take great joy at the filth halting our run.
Bigotry is way down the list when I think of Dundee and their supporters, most people know of the sizeable chunk of the population with an irish background. I think the vast majority of supporters in Scotland who sing their own version of that song are at the wind up, without the 2 obvious clubs Sevco and Lite, the rest of them singing it has no effect on me at all, you hear English clubs especially man utd sing it every week and it won't get to you, so reading that you could feel the venom being cranked up by some of the locals isn't nice to hear, but not really surprising given the run we are on.
My final point, you grew up in the Dens area of Dundee, my question is, what was the grub like in the Tak Awa?

I think most fans in Scotland are at the stage of having enough of us scooping up the silverware and are ready to see us fall flat on our face and fail, I think this is a normal reaction from people who follow sport, especially football.
A lot of sports fans around the world go for the underdog, the fact that Sevco are the team that are expected to be the main challenger because of their budget will make some fans uneasy about our run coming to an end, others though would take great joy at the filth halting our run.
Bigotry is way down the list when I think of Dundee and their supporters, most people know of the sizeable chunk of the population with an irish background. I think the vast majority of supporters in Scotland who sing their own version of that song are at the wind up, without the 2 obvious clubs Sevco and Lite, the rest of them singing it has no effect on me at all, you hear English clubs especially man utd sing it every week and it won't get to you, so reading that you could feel the venom being cranked up by some of the locals isn't nice to hear, but not really surprising given the run we are on.
My final point, you grew up in the Dens area of Dundee, my question is, what was the grub like in the Tak Awa?
Hahaha The Tak Awa was chronic, wee Sam's (Provie Road) the man for Oriental cuisine and a gentleman to boot.

Their take on the Billy boys uses the epiphet of 'Arab blood' which probably means something different too nowadays, but there was a notorious Irish family from the Hilltown (all Dundee fans) who used to wade in and tell them to shut up. To be fair, they also sang the Dundee version of 'The Celtic Song" as well and various takes on other Celtic songs.

There has been an edge recently, even talking to random punters going about their business and there has been a bit of "cheating Fenian" syndrome this week, nothing too sinister, but present all the same.

I agree, in the city as a whole, bigotry is not an everyday feature and that extends to the Asian and African communities, as well as to the significant Irish community. There has been a bit of push-back against the central/Eastern European community and that's obviously not something to be proud of.

I enjoyed my time at Dundee and that was in the era before Archie Knox got infected by the bigot bug. The senior boys had a big Celtic background and Albert Kidd is still a Celtic legend despite never wearing the Hoops in anger.

I also take your point about the boredom factor and the neutral fan wanting to see us knocked from our perch. I just hope it doesn't get too ugly and that the general animosity is geared towards football and not other defining characteristics.

Hahaha The Tak Awa was chronic, wee Sam's (Provie Road) the man for Oriental cuisine and a gentleman to boot.

Their take on the Billy boys uses the epiphet of 'Arab blood' which probably means something different too nowadays, but there was a notorious Irish family from the Hilltown (all Dundee fans) who used to wade in and tell them to shut up. To be fair, they also sang the Dundee version of 'The Celtic Song" as well and various takes on other Celtic songs.

There has been an edge recently, even talking to random punters going about their business and there has been a bit of "cheating Fenian" syndrome this week, nothing too sinister, but present all the same.

I agree, in the city as a whole, bigotry is not an everyday feature and that extends to the Asian and African communities, as well as to the significant Irish community. There has been a bit of push-back against the central/Eastern European community and that's obviously not something to be proud of.

I enjoyed my time at Dundee and that was in the era before Archie Knox got infected by the bigot bug. The senior boys had a big Celtic background and Albert Kidd is still a Celtic legend despite never wearing the Hoops in anger.

I also take your point about the boredom factor and the neutral fan wanting to see us knocked from our perch. I just hope it doesn't get too ugly and that the general animosity is geared towards football and not other defining characteristics.
Another wee protest coming i think going by the tweets

Thing is they do not see irony

It always tickled me leaving the grounds in your city and passing that Chinese, it never looked from the outside that there was a Michelin star chef toiling away in a surgically clean kitchen, but the name always made me smile and it stuck in my mind all these decades later.

Another wee protest coming i think going by the tweets

Thing is they do not see irony

Yep, protest incoming alert at the BBC.

It's no laughing matter really, rather than starting a proper debate about domestic, spousal abuse, the hun plays victim and no doubt wants to go and slap that bitch aboot that called them women beaters.

Irony, they think that's the same thing as steely, metally, and aluminiumy

I agree, in the city as a whole, bigotry is not an everyday feature and that extends to the Asian and African communities, as well as to the significant Irish community. There has

"Geared towards football & not other defining characteristics "
This is genuinely an important point. You'd like to think so but still a nagging doubt in my mind. Next season going for 9 will be the acid test. I expect that it will be even more a case of us Vs everyone, as it usually is but the vitriolic abusive attacks from SMSM multiplied exponentially as the establishment dont like what they see. We will see HH

"Geared towards football & not other defining characteristics "
This is genuinely an important point. You'd like to think so but still a nagging doubt in my mind. Next season going for 9 will be the acid test. I expect that it will be even more a case of us Vs everyone, as it usually is but the vitriolic abusive attacks from SMSM multiplied exponentially as the establishment dont like what they see. We will see HH

The main culprits for the zombie onslaught the very same media who will host th SPFL games live.
SKY Propaganda knobend and orange cnut.

jim-white.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Back