Dundee Hibernian Vs The CHAMPIONS match thread

About Dundee United/Dundee Hibs - two anecdotal stories concerning old men who supported Dundee United. One was at Forfar Athletic v Dundee United in about 1955 when an old Dundee United supporter started saying "Come away the Hibs!" I was puzzled at that because I thought Hibs played in Edinburgh - but someone told me the truth.
The other was in a Dundee pub in about 1969 when an old man started singing "Let Erin remember her heroes of old, ere her faithless sons betrayed her!" and he was wearing a black and white Dundee United scarf!
Dundee United's supporters were Irish through and through in 1909. They changed their name to Dundee United in 1923 to distance themselves from Ireland and its troubles, and then later they decided to go to the other ludicrous extreme by playing in orange!
I remember reading that Dundee Utd had been invited to an international tournament in the USA in the mid-1960s - Dallas Tornado or something - and all the clubs wore the strips of American clubs. Because so many teams wore the patriotic red, white & blue Utd chose to wear the away strip of Tornado which was tangerine. Shortly afterwards the wife of the Chairman persuaded him to switch permanently to the orange strips we are so familiar with these days.

Now that could be me getting muddled up, or an elaborate made-up story to cover up a bigoted reason for changing to these colours, but I thought you might know the truth.

At no stage did I not believe that Celtic would win the league this season, even after leaving Livingston after what turned out to be our worst performance of the season. A few times I came close, If we hadn't got late winners then perhaps I'd have thought it wasn't on but those moments only came after we did get those goals against the likes of Ross County and Dundee United, both times when down to ten men. Ten men won the league, that takes me back to second year at St Pats, in Coatbridge in May 1979 and going into school on a Tuesday morning to proclaim - I was there! Not too many were. What a night that was.

Ange had the support's backing from day one. He was emotional tonight. We wasn't the only one.

At no stage did I not believe that Celtic would win the league this season, even after leaving Livingston after what turned out to be our worst performance of the season. A few times I came close, If we hadn't got late winners then perhaps I'd have thought it wasn't on but those moments only came after we did get those goals against the likes of Ross County and Dundee United, both times when down to ten men. Ten men won the league, that takes me back to second year at St Pats, in Coatbridge in May 1979 and going into school on a Tuesday morning to proclaim - I was there! Not too many were. What a night that was.

Ange had the support's backing from day one. He was emotional tonight. We wasn't the only one.
I was at the game as well WC , but like a fool I rushed home to watch it on sportcene instdead of going to the pub and partying. (For the younger fans this was before video recording technology 😂) only to find just like the recording of the 7-1 final the recording had got damaged

I have to say too that my prediction for the season was the same but only after September.

This side could really go places next season if we dump the dead wood and invest in more quality players.

If European football after Xmas is to become the norm then we have to up the ante from the biscuit tin.

The future is bright......... it's green and white.

Aye, had tae take a wee while tae collect my thoughts, it's been a wonderful season for Celtic, League Champions Again (10/11)* & a Legue Cup tae go with it. After 6 games the league looked as if it was slipping away.

BUT THE LEAGUE, ISN'T WON AFTER 6 GAMES, THE 1ST DERBY GAME OF THE SEASON, THE LEAGUE IS ONE OVER THE COURSE OF 38 GAMES, ANGE & HIS BHOYS PROVED IT 31 GAMES UNBEATEN, THATS WHY WERE

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪LEAGUE CHAMPIONS AGAIN☘🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

WE'VE WON LEAGUE TITLES 5/6, SINCE THE SCUM HAVE BEEN BACK IN THEN TOP LEAGUE, 10/11 THATS TOTAL DOMINATION IN ANYONES BOOK SO FOR THE LURKING GIMPS.
GIRFUY 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪GLASGOW'S GREEN & WHITE☘🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

A friend of mine directed me to the noise in September during our darkest days. Instantly I found fellow Celtic fans of the same mind of mine and the same belief and faith in our club.
I would like to thank each and every one of you for the welcome I got and the reassurance when my hopes may have been bruised.
Love every one of yous, even the ones who pretend to be Fannie’s just to create debate 😂🤔😂🤔
CHAMPIONS AGAIN 🥰🥰🥰🥰🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
A small adage, Celtic haven’t lost a league game since I joined the noise 👍😂🍾🇮🇪

Although it was practically job done on Saturday. Wednesday will be the day that we win the league. I hope the players are well up for it and win in style!!! Don't care who Ange picks. Massive scoreline please!!!

Cmon the CHAMPIONS!!!!

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
Was hoping for the same maself.
That it didn't quite work out that way is zero reason to dampen the party atmosphere.
Yes I though 3-0 or close, but given it was finished after the 1-1 draw v the full fat huns. We were simply going through the motions here today.
Gone was the rip roaring pace and genius defence splitting passes.
I thought there was a little bit of an anti climax but I/ nor anyone can expect us to be scintillating and brilliant every time.
I understand that Ange wanted to show his appreciation to the squad by giving some a run out and have no problems with that at all.
Who am I to question Ange on impetus etc .
The jobs done let's see those we havent does it matter in the grand scheme of things? I think not , McCarthy, ideguchi etc could be outstanding players for Celtic next season or not ideguchi deserves a shot imho.
We are champions " again ole ole," so lets see how deep our squad is against murderwell. Champions league here we come HH

A friend of mine directed me to the noise in September during our darkest days. Instantly I found fellow Celtic fans of the same mind of mine and the same belief and faith in our club.
I would like to thank each and every one of you for the welcome I got and the reassurance when my hopes may have been bruised.
Love every one of yous, even the ones who pretend to be Fannie’s just to create debate 😂🤔😂🤔
CHAMPIONS AGAIN 🥰🥰🥰🥰🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
I dont understand people pretending to be Fannies just for debate. Why not just be a fanny and the debate will follow? Aye I can speak from experience 🤐

😂 Nae bother ...Champions Again!! HH ✊☘☘☘
To all my fellow noisers, enjoy the regaining of our trophy, it is all the more sweeter when before Ange's arrival the smsm had a collective orgasm in the belief that the huns where back on top and where going to dominate for years. The GASL, had them salivating on the prospect of our supposed implosion. The only house of cards that will collapse is the one down Govan way. HH🍀

When I saw Ange's team demolish a couple of sides early on I thought we had an outside chance. My fear was we had too many lightweight players to cope with a gruelling overly physical Scottish league campaign and the very high tempo would take its toll on player's fitness during the first season, similar to what happened in Klopp's first season at Liverpool (at least that was right).

When OFFC got so far ahead of us early on then I thought we'd finish second but push them hard as Angeball started to click. I never saw us going on such a long unbeaten league run from early October to mid-May - that has been an incredible achievement.

Although I always hoped we would win the league it was Ralston's 96th minute winner at Dingwall that convinced me we would do it. There were several late goals to secure points as we never gave up but that was the biggest one for me.

Well done bhoys.

Celebrating tonight and all week...probably our greatest unlikely League Champions win since 10 men won the League.
They never saw us coming ...but we did with Ange in charge.
A very emotional and proud moment from the dominant team in Scotland.
Nothing can shake us ...Mib SMSM SFA an Impending Europa Final and what might follow.
We are Celtic we know the history and the story is ours to win regardless of the noise.

Love it!…Chapeau!…

Make no mistake, plenty see it...
Aye on here...but the RSFA or SMSM?
Read a story just other day (BBC) saying how it was amazing that Tavernier, a RB, had scored so many goals this season.
That’s because of the amazing number of penalties they get arseholes, that’s what’s really amazing. And it’s not just THIS season. Why dont you write up something about that on your hun loving site BBC?

Members online

Latest posts

Back