Eboue Kouassi

Noah Billy

Much like the thread on the big missing German ,what the fuck is happening with this boy. i was excited by his signing. Touted by the Manager as Broonys natural successor, he seems to be going backwards. Looked like he'd never played elevens at Tynecastle. A worry?

Lack of competitive game time makes it hard to step in for an odd game here and there and make a big impact. We know Brendan will give players a chance so for him to get such little game time suggests he’s not performing well enough in training.?

Wonder why the club haven’t loaned him out. Hasn’t seemed to bad overall of what little I’ve seen of him but clearly down the pecking order. I Think if he is to develop he’ll need loaned out.

We also have De Vries, Commper, Allan, Arzani, Benyu who don't make the Europa squad. At least he makes the squad.

Much like the thread on the big missing German ,what the fuck is happening with this boy. i was excited by his signing. Touted by the Manager as Broonys natural successor, he seems to be going backwards. Looked like he'd never played elevens at Tynecastle. A worry?
Looked like a fish out of water at Tynecastle Noah. Like you I was happy with his signing but lack of game time has probably affected his confidence. Has shown well in a couple of games though. Will he get another chance though? Mulumbu probably now in front of him so I guess not.

I don't get Brendan's... er... management of Kouassi tbh.

So first he's Broony's natural successor and then he gets virtually no game time, then suddenly gets thrown into the starting xi and expected to have a positive impact, then as the team fumbles it at Tynecastle he gets buried deep on the reserves again.

Let's not forget he's just 20 too. He's a kid and he needs to develop and get chances to do so, or else just admit he's a flop and punt him.

We don't hear anything about him for the whole summer, then on the last day we hear reports (accurate or not, haven't been denied) that he was free to find himself a team???? Not even trying to loan him out or anything. Same for Benyu who went to Oldham on loan and hasn't been loaned out again even if he won't even get near the bench. Just exhibits nº253 and 254 of this shambolic transfer window.

I rate him, and wouldn’t send him out on loan for that reason. Game time may happen more this year if Broony slows down/plays less (not that he is showing many signs of that right now).

We could have a tough schedule after Christmas if we are still in Europe too. Don’t want the squad any lighter an given assaults are now “allowed”, injury cover could be vital too.

I never saw the game at Tynecastle but saddened to hear he didn’t play well, but it can happen to anyone and Brendan saw fit to spend a few quid on him. If he gets the game time we could have a star on our hands.

BHH

Mulumbu will do well when he is fit so we can rest Brown for him if needed. This leaves Kouassi little game time. I'd have thought a loan deal 2nd half of last season to a Kilmarnock or something would have helped him but hasn't happened. Looked decent not long ago in a European game.

Mulumbu will do well when he is fit so we can rest Brown for him if needed. This leaves Kouassi little game time. I'd have thought a loan deal 2nd half of last season to a Kilmarnock or something would have helped him but hasn't happened. Looked decent not long ago in a European game.
unless brendan wants to rest broony and ntcham at the same time then maybe we could see a def mid of mulumbu and kouassi against some of the bottom feeders,just a though.....HH

I too was excited when we signed him, he looks a big strong lad and given a decent run in the team I would hope he would improve and make himself a place in the team.

In fairness i dont think hes been handled very well.thrown in against zenit does well then hardly plays for months,then in away to hearts,i would have thought over the couple of seasons weve had him you could be giving him games at home against say partick or hamilton etc and go from there,then hopefully progressing to the big games.I think him and allan have been a bit unlucky with the way things have panned out

I too think he's been poorly managed.
I've seen enough to think he has a chance of making it but only featuring when wholesale changes are made is no way to judge him. I'd like to see him replace Broony after the forthcoming EL games and in home games against the bottom six teams (excluding Sevco as Broony wouldn't want rested for those games).

I too think he's been poorly managed.
I've seen enough to think he has a chance of making it but only featuring when wholesale changes are made is no way to judge him. I'd like to see him replace Broony after the forthcoming EL games and in home games against the bottom six teams (excluding Sevco as Broony wouldn't want rested for those games).
Yes,I think drip feed him into the team,you make a great point about wholesale changes,bringing in one inexperienced player wouldn't disrupt continuity,hard for a newcomer to shine in a team with lots of changes as well .

The boy is class and I really hope he makes it at Celtic. He's my wee girls fav player and I'll tell you why..Took her to see the development squad play Athletico Bilbao in Woking. There were about 100 Celtic fans. Guys like me with kids who couldn't get up north to take their little ones to see the 1st team. Anyway...at the end of the game all the kids ran down the front to see the players. They didn't know it was development squad. They all just saw guys in hoops. They are all shouting hoping the players would come over. None of the boys even acknowledged them. Heads down up the tunnel. Apart fae big kouassi. The only one who came over and spent about 20 mins getting pictures with the kids. To my daughter, this guy could have been Henrik Larsson. She got a pic with him which she has in her room. Top lad.

Members online

Latest posts

Back