ECA general assembly starts today ,Amsterdam

Ray

This is the big debate re champions league set up, seemingly fifa are proposing 16 team competition, mainly European based, not sure what that means yet ? Just posted on celts are here forum,so wait and see what occurs, can’t see them changing current/proposed set up ,still we are seeded for all qualifying games ,hh

The Champions league is a closed shop, it's only for countries with a large population and consequently large advertising revenue. Small countries can ffff off cos there's not enough money to be made from them. While the money men (not football men) are calling the shots futba will always be a business not a sport.
I would like to see it going the way it used, home and away ties, you go through or you go oot.
Even a Champions league of Champions only would be good.
Rich

Will be interesting to see if the “little “ clubs get any change out of the so called big boys
HAIL HAIL ??
It would be interesting if we got anything but i suspect this move will make it more difficult than ever for European giants from the smaller countries. I've always believed that former winners should get some reward as that's an elite company and if you include the champions cup and league over all the years since the 50s still it's only like 21 clubs who've ever won it I believe Celtic are one of only 11 clubs to have appeared in two finals.what advantage or privilege exactly I'm unsure of perhaps a round less in qualifying or extra coefficient points for success. Either way the current set up sucks do the lesser nations with giant clubs do something now or wait until the telly money bubble bursts and wait til UEFA comes cap in hand for help and ideas in restoring the once best competition in the world to its former glory? It's fallen behind the fa cup in my mind

Reactions: Mod
Back