Eddie Howe & Signings

At least we are in a position to buy players rather than resign past it, no doubt thier bean counter worked out it’s cheaper to offer extended contracts than to try and buy. The new boss whoever he is will be made aware of who needs to go now that McKay is coming in sooner than expected is a good sign,hope he does his own fact finding rather than listen to what people think he should hear no doubt there willl be a lot of empire protecting and nothing to see here mistakes have been made with some of the recent signings if and when we bring in players they must be to fit into the team and to be of a good enough level to add to Celtic

To be fair CR I was more concerned with the Ajeti reference. The sooner he is gone the happier I will be. I see him as a complete waste of space. A chancer in my opinion and whilst he is on the park we cannot be creative. Just my opinion though. Klimala as a younger squad player may develop with coaching. Ajeti is another Bangoura for me....
Something a bit amatuerish about Klimala,the boys a worker and does his best but no Celtic class in my opinion.As for Ajeti ...dont see it either.

Maybe I should have said squad.

I personally see something in Kilmala, hunger! Yes he runs around like a headless chicken but if you ever watched Jamie Vardy in his younger day for Halifax etc this exactly what he did. A good manager then sorted him out and built a team around him.

Kilmala is 22 and has only made 18 appearances for us mostly 5mins here and there. His record for Poland U21s is very impressive played 9 scored 4. However we gush about Edouard's form for France U21s who is in a much better team.

Kilmala & Edouard should have played together this season (in my view).
No Edouard and Griff should have played together this season,shame one looks like he wants away and the other just seems to take playing for Celtic for granted .

Howe has to turn it roond quick.....3 seasons like Slippy took is too long....There is no way we can hand the huns a free pass to CL cash.....
Your right, we can't afford to wait till the summer not just because of the cash situation, if and when he comes in he's got to have enough time to access his squad find out who is staying and who's going then find out how much cash he has for transfers then there's the small matter of qualifiers to play that's a lot of problems to give a new manager in his first few weeks in the job he needs to come in NOW this week

What's the Hampden here BB. I hadn't heard anything about 'complications'
A few articles have appeared saying Howe wanted his buddy (Hughes?) as DoF. There were suggestions that the board didn't want this but preferred their candidate of choice. Maybe it’s all just smoke but it wouldn’t surprise if there was a wrangle over something like this. We never seem to get anything done smoothly under Lawwell.

Last edited:
Have a read at your comments Barrowfieldbhoy. Then reflect on the term "support".
And no I haven't been drinking; strange welcome, but then you presumably grew up in Spur or Torch territory. .
I can substantiate my reasons, to do that, would involve a detailed chronology of events and probably bore everyone.
I can recall a clamour on several occasions for a "good decent no nonsense centre back" from many Celtic supporters. Notably after the PSG humbling and last season after the 2 matches I referenced, when the term bullied was being applied to Ajer and Julien.
The banality of offering "a good decent no nonsense centre back" as the solution to Neymar et al and those who advocate such stupidity is a danger of fans having a voice.
Some are too slow perhaps even stupid to credit the club with the last decade of triumph.
Was being a bit tongue in cheek about the drinking mate. But I did find the suggestion that anyone on the board listened to the support a bit amusing. Certain members seem to regard the fans as yobs.
As for the need for a decent, no nonsense CB I think even Lennon would have considered said individual might be useful at certain times (e.g. versus some SPFL troglodytes not Neymar). Duffy might be no nonsense but based on his displays he didn’t come anywhere near the ‘decent’ category.
Fans may have voiced the opinion that a decent, harder CB was needed but they did not sign Duffy. The management did. That was the only point I was making.
As for many supporters I believe they know enough about the game to opine on where we are falling short and how this might be remedied. However the support doesn’t have a voice in who is signed, who is in the team or formations to be played. They have never had a voice there and never will.
But as I said welcome aboard.
😃😃

Last edited:
Maybe I should have said squad.

I personally see something in Kilmala, hunger! Yes he runs around like a headless chicken but if you ever watched Jamie Vardy in his younger day for Halifax etc this exactly what he did. A good manager then sorted him out and built a team around him.

Kilmala is 22 and has only made 18 appearances for us mostly 5mins here and there. His record for Poland U21s is very impressive played 9 scored 4. However we gush about Edouard's form for France U21s who is in a much better team.

Kilmala & Edouard should have played together this season (in my view).

I think that Polish Paddy can be developed he does show flashes of what he capable of
The goal against St Johnstone where he got flattened and still went through to score shows he can cut it

I think he was poorly used by Lennon and as you say should have been allowed to at least get a run with Eduoard to see what could have developed
He might run around like a headless chicken but he'll take a defender or two with him which will open gaps for the rest

I don't think we can judge him with what we've been allowed to see this season.

Im all for eddie howe but if its true he wants hughes as dof then i would walk away,the manager doesent pick the dof,the other way about ,might just be rumours but if true it wouldnt be something i would go for.

I don't think it's a major sticking point
The manager should be able to bring in his own team and if that includes a director of football so be it
We're between managers but I still keep reading we're in for this player or that player why?
Let the manager and his staff come in meet the current squad and then a clear out or some might want to stay and play at the club.

I don't think it's a major sticking point
The manager should be able to bring in his own team and if that includes a director of football so be it
We're between managers but I still keep reading we're in for this player or that player why?
Let the manager and his staff come in meet the current squad and then a clear out or some might want to stay and play at the club.
Sorry Richie,I disagree,the dof is there to implement a long term structure and ethos which runs throughout the whole club.His role transcends managers who come and go,also bare in mind Eddie Howe brings him but it's the dof who sacks Howe if things don't go well.it doesn't work.Totally agree about his own assistants etc but you don't get to pick your boss.

I think that Polish Paddy can be developed he does show flashes of what he capable of
The goal against St Johnstone where he got flattened and still went through to score shows he can cut it

I think he was poorly used by Lennon and as you say should have been allowed to at least get a run with Eduoard to see what could have developed
He might run around like a headless chicken but he'll take a defender or two with him which will open gaps for the rest

If Klimala was/is not ready for the first team he should have been sent out on loan IN SCOTLAND to get ready. Ajeti has had a lot of first team experience and produced nothing. Take the loss and move on, make room for a player fit for Celtic.

polish Paddy reminds me of Harold Brattbakk worked hard got in good positions but didn’t score as often as we would have liked

Klimala isn't good enough for Celtic, he's the wrong type of player for us. He is more suited to a counter attacking team.
Ajeti has shown in a brief spell earlier in the season that given the service he will score goals for us, he's our 3rd top scorer in the league. He should at least be given a chance before discarding, play him with Forrest and Elyounoussi in the wide areas either side of him and he'll score.

This guy looks like he is capable of giving slippy a few slepless nights..

HH
This is the kind of fans we have boggles my mind that this is an actual fan and he thinks a player is too good for us....

No player is to good for us we as a club would be the one of the biggest in the world if we were in a more attractive league because the honchos at the top of the SFA will never look at the greater good for Scottish football like creating an 18-20 team league and and make 2 leagues lower with 16 and allow some of the Highland league teams and colts so our league will never be more attractive.

I also feel that the sea should push the boat out to try and get the European championship or world Cup in our country and the money raised would help improve the current stadia like in other countries that have hosted these, we could then put retractable roofs on the stadiums and increase capacities and that alone would make it more attractive to go to games, so many countries have this but our governing body are stuck in the fucking 50s.

Sorry for going of on a rant but this kind of thing bugs me Celtic is more than a club and no one is too good for us or our people we are unique.Screenshot_20210407-132316_Samsung Internet.jpg

Klimala isn't good enough for Celtic, he's the wrong type of player for us. He is more suited to a counter attacking team.
Ajeti has shown in a brief spell earlier in the season that given the service he will score goals for us, he's our 3rd top scorer in the league. He should at least be given a chance before discarding, play him with Forrest and Elyounoussi in the wide areas either side of him and he'll score.

The big question i have is why do we always have to have wide players in the midfield? Why can't we play 3 up front with 1 holding midfielder who can drop between defenders like makelele did. Then a box to box one like petrov was with a more attack minded Attacking midfielder who can also close the space in the middle when defending, this is how most elite teams setup these days and we would benefit from this i think with the way we want to attack.

Last edited:
Back