Eddy too much

cheezydee

What actually was the f*cking point to this? Teams want Edouard but can’t afford to buy him? I’m sure Forrest mechanics would like to buy him but just can’t quite match his terms. I wouldn’t mind a Bugatti Veron but salary doesn’t match. Working for a newspaper must be pretty easy. Wait a minute, if I rattled off enough of these types of articles... I could maybe afford the veron... 🤔

Last edited:
This is just the Record typically having a dig at Celtic as usual . (note their use of the word BUT in the blue section above) . They could and should have written AND which would have been factual. They are claiming that Celtic are being unreasonable to set a high fee on a player who is under contract. They have always had an anti-Celtic agenda. I have not bought a copy for over thirty five years.

It must trouble their little hearts(not their brains) that Celtic are in such a strong position that we don’t have to flog our players to the EPL or anywhere else for that matter for a pittance. The same rag that values Morelos at £20 million too. Only one of the two gets talked about outside of Scotland and it ain’t el guffalo. Envy is a deadly sin you know. Let the haters, hate.

To be honest, in today's inflated market, I WOULD put Morelos in the 15-20 million bracket...the Griff when hes firing and given his age, about 10mill and French Eddie about 25-30milliob plus add ons

Does anybody on this forum for one minute think that Celtic would be spoken about the way we are if we were not as successful as we are..
We are a target for every club in the SPL,we are also the biggest example of how to achieve success in the SPL,,we are the very best to have graced any football playing surface in Scotland..
Of all the teams in Scottish football I would say there are only two teams who dislike us for what we are and they are the two biggest boigoted supports in the land,we dont have to mention their names we know who they are..
Sevco have Trainor over at ipox who more or less still controls the Daily Rag,,as regards to football..even though he is supposed to have retired..this shows us the class of reporter the Rag has when they still listen to a dick head like him..
He thinks comments about Eddy being too expensive for Serria A will catch peoples attention,,,maybe it will,, but not over at Parkhead where it matters..our attention is solely focussed on Celtic..
Peter Lawwell has an idea what Eddy will go for,but that will only happen when the time is right,,but in the meantime they can keep rattling their buckets at every home game hoping to get some money to help to keep the lights on..

HH

At some point, Eddy is going to want to test himself at a higher level than Scotland can offer. He will want to improve his chance of international recognition and he is more likely to get that attention in a more high-profile league.

When he does choose to leave Celtic, it will be largely on our terms and that will suit both parties. Eddy is getting a great apprenticeship at Celtic and he looks more physical this season. When he eventually learns to head a ball, then whoever signs him will be getting a top-class player with his best years in front of him.

It's impossible to put a price on him, but his all-round game is on a different level from alfalfa sprout. Bearin in mind, that playing up top as a lone striker still isn't his best position.

Desperation FC's all throughout England are close to hitting the panic button. Some chancer is going to try a lowball offer in January. Peter better tell them to "get tae...........", or that might be the last straw that breaks this particular camel's back.

What actually was the f*cking point to this? Teams want Edouard but can’t afford to buy him? I’m sure Forrest mechanics would like to but him but just can’t quite match his terms. I wouldn’t mind a Bugatti Veron but salary doesn’t match. Working for a newspaper must be pretty easy. Wait a minute, if I rattled off enough of these types of articles... I could maybe afford the veron... 🤔

They could probably have the Buffaloon for half of Eddys value. But would they take him......therein lies the rub

What we need to consider here with moreorless moving on from ipox is..he does not speak one word of English,,he is 5ft 8 in tall,,and he is not an established international player..
What manager in the EPL would put their job at risk with someone with credentials like these..
So his best shot at playing in England is definitely the championship so the disillusiond at ipox better get used to the idea that this is the best they can hope for,I definitely do not see any EPL manager putting his trust in him..
just came to me there because he cannot speak English I presume he cannot drive..
He is definitely better staying at ipox,at leaset he knows where to get the bus hame..

HH.

Agree Cheezydee do not see the point at all. Note the cretins have the big quote from a Celtic supporter (not even read the letter but assume it is a Celtic fan) stating something like Morelos is worth no very much and will never score against Celtic. No doubt this is splashed everywhere to try and motivate The Rangers - Daily Rangers cannot hide their continuous agenda it gets so boring. How bad do they want Slippy G to get this league cup - you can smell it off them.

What we need to consider here with moreorless moving on from ipox is..he does not speak one word of English,,he is 5ft 8 in tall,,and he is not an established international player..
What manager in the EPL would put their job at risk with someone with credentials like these..
So his best shot at playing in England is definitely the championship so the disillusiond at ipox better get used to the idea that this is the best they can hope for,I definitely do not see any EPL manager putting his trust in him..
just came to me there because he cannot speak English I presume he cannot drive..
He is definitely better staying at ipox,at leaset he knows where to get the bus hame..

HH.

Taking off the green geggs for a moment You could say that eddy is not an international proven striker too...scored less goals domestically and in europe than harvey...of course we know that he's not in the same class but you cannot deny he's a goal scorer....just not against us

To be honest, in today's inflated market, I WOULD put Morelos in the 15-20 million bracket...the Griff when hes firing and given his age, about 10mill and French Eddie about 25-30milliob plus add ons
In todays inflated market I'd expect £40mil. Look around. Who else at his age is grabbing so much attention and with good reason. He performs. He's the calmest guy on the park and will only get better.
HH🍀

Back