Eddy

Vigobhoy

Here is a rhetorical question for you all.

If you were a top flight manager looking for a transfer would you consider spending money on Eddy based on hi results this season.?

I know he has scored a few this year, but also take into account how little he has added to the team. He seldom breaks into a trot. His mercenary attitude has been on full display.

Just remember you can't coach honesty or attitude.

I can remember thinking last year, if Eddy stops scoring, where's the goals coming from?
So it proved this time. I think he's clearly a player that needs a live audience. That's a factor not many have mentioned. Bring back the fans and the Eddy of old will reappear.
Shouldn't be so but it is.
On a side note 36 yr old Fernandiniho led Man Citeh to CL final last night. Were you watching Mr Griffiths.

Edouard will be in demand because he is a top class striker with potential to improve in a better team. Every player has a bad season, and I'm sure his agent will be telling anyone interested that there has been mitigating circumstances this season (the club has been imploding for the past year, he has struggled post covid, lack of competent coaching etc)
He has still played very well and scored goals for France U21s.
Unfortunately for us we'll be lucky to see a £20m fee for him as he only has 12 months left on his contract and everyone knows he wants a transfer.

Here is a rhetorical question for you all.

If you were a top flight manager looking for a transfer would you consider spending money on Eddy based on hi results this season.?

I know he has scored a few this year, but also take into account how little he has added to the team. He seldom breaks into a trot. His mercenary attitude has been on full display.

Just remember you can't coach honesty or attitude.
The answer for me is yes I would. Eddie has had a poor season by his standards, that's not in question. That's something we could say about almost all of the regular starting players. And yet he is not only our top scorer, but the top scorer in the country. As far as I'm concerned Eddie is NOT a number nine, he's certainly not a target man. He's a footballer blessed with a talent not many can claim to have. What do we do ? Well, we play him out of position, which completely blunts that talent, and, in my humble opinion, robs the team of our most potent threat. Only my opinion.

The answer for me is yes I would. Eddie has had a poor season by his standards, that's not in question. That's something we could say about almost all of the regular starting players. And yet he is not only our top scorer, but the top scorer in the country. As far as I'm concerned Eddie is NOT a number nine, he's certainly not a target man. He's a footballer blessed with a talent not many can claim to have. What do we do ? Well, we play him out of position, which completely blunts that talent, and, in my humble opinion, robs the team of our most potent threat. Only my opinion.
Linked up well with Griffiths ..shame the wee fella cany leave the sweetie jar alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
He appears lazy at times when he loses the ball that’s it,just leaves it no fight this season not even trying yes he’s scored goals but he has missed a lot more, is it on purpose to lower his transfer fee,instructions from his agent ?? He wants away Celtic relied to much on his past performance sold us short,if he does this what’s to stop him doing it when he moves on ? Like a few more this season not Celtic players the sooner they go the better

He appears lazy at times when he loses the ball that’s it,just leaves it no fight this season not even trying yes he’s scored goals but he has missed a lot more, is it on purpose to lower his transfer fee,instructions from his agent ?? He wants away Celtic relied to much on his past performance sold us short,if he does this what’s to stop him doing it when he moves on ? Like a few more this season not Celtic players the sooner they go the better
Think he wanted away last year but didn't get his move and threw his toys out the pram, just my opinion

I can remember thinking last year, if Eddy stops scoring, where's the goals coming from?
So it proved this time. I think he's clearly a player that needs a live audience. That's a factor not many have mentioned. Bring back the fans and the Eddy of old will reappear.
Shouldn't be so but it is.
On a side note 36 yr old Fernandiniho led Man Citeh to CL final last night. Were you watching Mr Griffiths.
Griff cant even buy a game.

He's still only 30. But yeh, not been given a fair crack of the whip. Needs to concentrate on getting fit though.
Sorry BC but I don't believe for one second that Griffiths is unfit at just 2 games left to go until the end of the season.... match fit yes, so a little bit of truth to the enormous LIE.

Last edited:
Hindsight is always easy in the football world especially at our club.
Eddy this season is possibly the best example of something we should never allow to happen again.
As supporters we were nearly all blinded by the quest of the 10iar but will always believe we had a board who had other ideas instead.
It's well known you very rarely get the best out of a want away player and when that is a cost of 20M plus to the club then it's unforgivable really.
The man management of eddy was also a disgrace, giving him the loan striker role when not suited best for the role another joke.
Allowing him to play as such an individual along with Ely and Christie without proper competition for places was never going to give us the best performances for the team.
Players with the quality eddy possess can outgrow this tinpot of a league in Scotland very quickly and so was the case with eddy.
Still has a long way to go to be a top striker in any of the big 5 league but still think that with a much better coaching set up and one where he would have to work much harder to prove his worth that it's still possible for him to do so.
We are still far to big of a club to let any individuals think that they are bigger and better than us.
If no longer willing to give there all for the club, then they are no longer any use to us and eddy is only one of many that has fell into that category, one that has cost us millions, and one I would never like to see us repeat again

Hindsight is always easy in the football world especially at our club.
Eddy this season is possibly the best example of something we should never allow to happen again.
As supporters we were nearly all blinded by the quest of the 10iar but will always believe we had a board who had other ideas instead.
It's well known you very rarely get the best out of a want away player and when that is a cost of 20M plus to the club then it's unforgivable really.
The man management of eddy was also a disgrace, giving him the loan striker role when not suited best for the role another joke.
Allowing him to play as such an individual along with Ely and Christie without proper competition for places was never going to give us the best performances for the team.
Players with the quality eddy possess can outgrow this tinpot of a league in Scotland very quickly and so was the case with eddy.
Still has a long way to go to be a top striker in any of the big 5 league but still think that with a much better coaching set up and one where he would have to work much harder to prove his worth that it's still possible for him to do so.
We are still far to big of a club to let any individuals think that they are bigger and better than us.
If no longer willing to give there all for the club, then they are no longer any use to us and eddy is only one of many that has fell into that category, one that has cost us millions, and one I would never like to see us repeat again
Mind a lot of people were saying hes the best since Larsson ....couldnt lace that guys boots,Henrik was always in the mood.

Sorry BB, I think the club have been more than fair to Griff. Honestly I love the guy but he's been the major let down this season.
Whit??? The guy scores 40 goals (Yes 40) in Delilahs last season. Eats a Tunnocks tea cake and all of a sudden Rodgers (the wee rat with the big false teeth arrives) says scoring goals is not enough and ruins Griff's season. Wont play him the following 2 seasons because he says he is a nutter.... If I could discover minutes played for the last 3 years I would not be surprised. He was brought to Celtic to score goals and he has done that. I suggest to you that if Griff had been played through the RAT era and not fallen out with Lenny by telling him to fuck off he would be closing in on 200 goals by now. You sure you think that's 'fair' treatment? What do we do to spite Griffiths? We play Abjeti or Klimala instead.

Whit??? The guy scores 40 goals (Yes 40) in Delilahs last season. Eats a Tunnocks tea cake and all of a sudden Rodgers (the wee rat with the big false teeth arrives) says scoring goals is not enough and ruins Griff's season. Wont play him the following 2 seasons because he says he is a nutter.... If I could discover minutes played for the last 3 years I would not be surprised. He was brought to Celtic to score goals and he has done that. I suggest to you that if Griff had been played through the RAT era and not fallen out with Lenny by telling him to fuck off he would be closing in on 200 goals by now. You sure you think that's 'fair' treatment? What do we do to spite Griffiths? We play Abjeti or Klimala instead.
More to it Vigo ...is he living the way a professional footballer should?I seriously doubt it ..Shouldnt be a Celtic player if youre no taking it seriously ,hes on good money and the club has stuck by him through his troubles ...the new manager could get the best out him who knows .

With respect Vigo, My comments were ALL based on THIS season. A major disappointment as far as I'm concerned. At his best he is without doubt head and shoulders above any other striker in the country. At his worst, ( this season ?) he's a very expensive passenger. This season apart, I think you make fair points.

With respect Vigo, My comments were ALL based on THIS season. A major disappointment as far as I'm concerned. At his best he is without doubt head and shoulders above any other striker in the country. At his worst, ( this season ?) he's a very expensive passenger. This season apart, I think you make fair points.
Frank. Maybe you can find the real stats. How many times has Griff had more than 15 mins in a game this season.... how far between games. Have a look and you will see where the problem lies.

There's a lot more to the story than tunnocks tea cakes and tellin lenny to fk off if you think that's all there is to it then crack on ,but the waster has rocked up 2 seasons in a row unfit and for a reason , the club his team mates all bent over backwards to help get him a new contract and the reward has been fk all in return the quicker he's out the club the better

Back