Edouard

There’s a lesson to be learned here, NEVER keep want away, unhappy players, get rid off ASAP
Personally I’d avoid buying french players, we’ve had our fingers burnt by the three we’ve had, 2 lazy, moody sulking, throwing the dummy oot the Pram types, and wan wi a year oan the treatment table wi a sair knee with no sign if or when he’ll be back 😡
aye he's just a big phannie

I watched the game yesterday and let's just put Eddys contribution into context here.
Came on with 10 minutes left against 10 men chasing a game while been totally dominated. First touch scores a goal, within the box with eddy at his best and what he has done for us on many occasions.
2nd touch, left unmarked within the box and took the opportunity as would be expected from him.
2 chances, 2 goals and many up in arms about it all, so a dream debut for him and set a huge target for himself to see if he can maintain?
He replaced bentecka who couldn't score a goal whatsoever and has now put himself in the frame as the main striker now.
He can be judged much better next week when up against VVD at Liverpool to see if he is really able to cut it in the EPL.
I personally think it's a great boost to the club, for players who made there name with us doing well in the higher regarded leagues.
To many down south give fuck all credit to the Scottish league and providing players capable of holding their own within the EPL i believe will change many a person's view upon the Scottish league in general.
If eddy is worth 14M plus with only a year left on his contract, would it be fair to say kyogo is worth 50M plus, even a potential profit to be made on Ajeti still 🤔😂

A torn ACL is a brutal injury, I know, I tore mine more than thirty years ago, was on crutches for 6 weeks, then the physio's table, and rehab, for 8 1/2 months

When I got back to playing, it was with a custom knee brace, totally changes your gait, it was like playing with a 10 lb bag o' tatties, strapped to your leg
Mind you, slide tackles were no problem as even with the bandage around it, it was a handy weapon as some clown booted you, and then was left squealing like a pig, on the ground

In Julie's case, a centre half should never be bullied (Remember Dykes v Julie ?)
You need a centre half to be rock solid in the tackle and in the air
The game has changed in some aspects, and playing out from the back has imho 'softened' some who think they are more capable, than they really are, and can't handle the rough and tumble of the SPFL, week in, week out

I think Cameron Carter Vickers, showed us yesterday, that he's not the silky VVD type, but is willing to put his body on the line for the cause, he makes good passes, shows good awareness and reads the game well, and he let the opposing forwards know he's on the park, (no prisoners) and will 'take one for the team'

God Bless Ange and the Bhoys, he knows what he's doing and it's a joy to watch

HH

A torn ACL is a brutal injury, I know, I tore mine more than thirty years ago, was on crutches for 6 weeks, then the physio's table, and rehab, for 8 1/2 months

When I got back to playing, it was with a custom knee brace, totally changes your gait, it was like playing with a 10 lb bag o' tatties, strapped to your leg
Mind you, slide tackles were no problem as even with the bandage around it, it was a handy weapon as some clown booted you, and then was left squealing like a pig, on the ground

In Julie's case, a centre half should never be bullied (Remember Dykes v Julie ?)
You need a centre half to be rock solid in the tackle and in the air
The game has changed in some aspects, and playing out from the back has imho 'softened' some who think they are more capable, than they really are, and can't handle the rough and tumble of the SPFL, week in, week out

I think Cameron Carter Vickers, showed us yesterday, that he's not the silky VVD type, but is willing to put his body on the line for the cause, he makes good passes, shows good awareness and reads the game well, and he let the opposing forwards know he's on the park, (no prisoners) and will 'take one for the team'

God Bless Ange and the Bhoys, he knows what he's doing and it's a joy to watch

HH
I buggered my cruciate ligament a number of times too and my knee still gives me ptoblems decades later.

There is an accusation that is constantly thrown at Jullien about how he can bullied or can't handle the physical side of the game. This is almost entirely because of the game against Lyndon Dykes at Livi.

However, I would argue that it is more than a bit unfair. During that game the referee allowed Dykes to constantly manhandle and foul Jullien but very rarely punished him. And yet if Jullien as much as touched him or Dykes just threw himself to the ground then Celtic were penalised. Dykes was essentially given free reign to do what he liked and the Celtic players were pulled up if they tried to defend themselves or give any of it back. A proper ref would have dealt with by applying the laws of the game correctly but for some reason this did not happen...

And yet the next week Livi played against sevco and Dykes was penalised for every infringement. Plus the sevco defenders were allowed to throw Dykes around like a ragdoll and boot him up in the air, and yet were rarely punished.

Last edited:
I buggered my cruciate ligament a number of times too and my knee still gives me ptoblems decades later.

There is an accusation that is constany thrown at Jullien about how he can bullied or can't handle the physical side of the game. This is almost entirely because of the game against Lyndon Dykes at Livi.

However, I would argue that it is more than a bit unfair. During that game the referee allowed Dykes to constantly manhandle and foul Jullien but very rarely punished him. And yet if Jullien as much as touched him or Dykes just threw himself to the ground then Celtic were penalised. Dykes was essentially given free reign to do what he liked and the Celtic players were pulled up if they tried to defend themselves or give any of it back. A proper ref would have dealt with by applying the laws of the game correctly but for some reason this did not happen...

And yet the next week Livi played against sevco and Dykes was penalised for every infringement. Plus the sevco defenders were allowed to throw Dykes around like a ragdoll and boot him up in the air, and yet were rarely punished.
Agree with what your saying to an extent but the 50/50 tussles both Ajer and Jullian were involved in against the big strikers at Livi, Hearts and Hamilton always gave them trouble. It was the scrappy grey area where there were no clear fouls but jostling and roughing up a bit that they visibly couldn't cope with. Despite their size neither of them had that side to their game and as a result we signed Duffy.
If Vickers can be a no nonsense carthorse that can pass a ball then he will do a job. Welsh isn't shy and is improving.
Ange 100% would of wanted a marquee CB brought in. We all did.

Back