Edouard

Was bang in line with McGarvey on the terraces when that went in. The surge and crush was unbelievable - they had opened a top part of the Hampden terrace that had been closed off for renovation to get everyone in. There was no controlled ticket allocation and huge queues at the gates. We just made it in for kick-off. Breathing space was at a premium. Criminal crowd control..

But when you're a teenager with your schoolmates, rolling down the ash terrace and banging off wooden sleeper steps in a crush with thousands is all a bit of a laugh when it's the Celtic winner in a cup final.

Thankfully it was a really dry warm day and there were no rivers of pish to negotiate. Everyone got a bit bruised and dusty. But luckily no lasting damage. Magic moments.

My memory serves me right 90% ?course it was Dundee United I meant ahem ??
Also was at the semi final v hearts another comeback and Henry 'drop the ba' Smith fantastic (if my memory serves me right ?)
An easy mistake to make never did trust keyboards(y)Henry Smith the gift that kept on giving, Hearts seemed to have a problem with keepers Craig Gordon in one of the New year games we played he conceded three after Hearts were 2 0 up and coasting and with Big McManus scoring the winner. That was the game wee Hartley scored and Presley, we ended up with both of them and then later Gordon. The game Henry dropped the semis was that not the centenary year McGhee and Macca era if my mem serves.You on the cordial.HH

An easy mistake to make never did trust keyboards(y)Henry Smith the gift that kept on giving, Hearts seemed to have a problem with keepers Craig Gordon in one of the New year games we played he conceded three after Hearts were 2 0 up and coasting and with Big McManus scoring the winner. That was the game wee Hartley scored and Presley, we ended up with both of them and then later Gordon. The game Henry dropped the semis was that not the centenary year McGhee and Macca era if my mem serves.You on the cordial.HH
Brilliant find boab ??jock brown fs and Mark hateley saying McManus has rescued a point ?? brilliant

Haha - great. Was in a pub in Prestwick- Eagle, or something; no longer there - only pub open that day so there were a couple of dozen Prestwick Tims pouring in.

Problem was, it was a Hun bar and the U-shaped bar itself was thick with them looking up at the TVs mounted above the gantry.
So you had a weird situation of a ring of Huns around the bar and a squad of Tims distributed along the back walls with a couple of metres of no-man's land in between.

Of course, the dramatic way the game played out made the day; they'd been giving it large as Hearts held the lead but the good old Hun perma-rage kicked in during that mental finish. They couldn't take the delirious Tims bouncing about, so by the time I exited about ten minutes after the final whistle the bottles were flying and the sound of breaking glass cut through the bedlam of merriment and howling Hun abuse.

Happy New Year, ya Orange bastards.:D

Was bang in line with McGarvey on the terraces when that went in. The surge and crush was unbelievable - they had opened a top part of the Hampden terrace that had been closed off for renovation to get everyone in. There was no controlled ticket allocation and huge queues at the gates. We just made it in for kick-off. Breathing space was at a premium. Criminal crowd control..

But when you're a teenager with your schoolmates, rolling down the ash terrace and banging off wooden sleeper steps in a crush with thousands is all a bit of a laugh when it's the Celtic winner in a cup final.

Thankfully it was a really dry warm day and there were no rivers of pish to negotiate. Everyone got a bit bruised and dusty. But luckily no lasting damage. Magic moments.
Ye must have been near me. In the Celtic end directly behind the goal. There was a crush and we ended up getting in for nothing, though I cant remember why itcwasnt all ticket? Watchin that video I forgot about Provans goal....screamer. Ah loved wee Francis Albert, sure they let him go after it which devasted him for a wee while.

Back