Election

Ally

Would like all comments re General Election 12 Dec. Are we tactical voting to stop Brexit, are we voting SNP to hopefully one day get that referendum on Independence. No point in talking about Conservative voters as not any I presume correct me if I'm wrong on here. I personally don't think Labour will win this election so it's down to how many seats the SNP and Lib dems take to stop an outright majority Conservative government. Thoughts please on how you see it turning out Tank You 🍀🍀

The usual suspects will more or less be fine and the workers will be fighting over the scraps. Everywhere you look there are divisions so whatever the result there's going to be a lot of people unhappy. When the money men use a global system the workers have to do likewise. Workers of the world unite used to be the shout.

I feel this isn't an election, but a European election in all but name. The EU will be the main focus in this vote. Think the SNP will do well, Lib Dems might flatter to deceive on the night, maybe picking up a few seats but not as many as they think, but the remainers may prove me wrong on that.
My hopes in any election is that the Tories get pumped, I'm not sure how well Labour will do but ignore the polls they are miles out, Labour will do much better than the polls suggest, but I doubt if they can get a majority.
This could end up in a stalemate and a coalition government of either remainers or brexiteers in charge. The nightmare scenario people fear is if the English go all rule brittania on us and win with a huge majority and hard brexit here we come.
Anybody think Boris winning with a huge majority and going for a hard brexit would be the death knell for the union, I think Scotland would be independent within 3 to 10 years, and Ireland as a 32 county Republic not far behind.

Ally I hope to God yer right and there are no Tories on here,but I think come results time we will see at least a cpl of surprising torie seats along the central belt area, voted in by bigoted brain dead The rangers fans...
I live in an ex mining community who have seen a conservative councillor voted in for the first time ever, in the same manner, just to take a little power away from the perceived threat from the SNP. Which boiled down is only a shite for sugar argument (that lot at their best )....
Their ancestors must be turning in their graves..

If the Tory/Brexit people win the election it bodes ill for UK workers.
Dominic Raab Tory MP and leading Brexiteer believes we have too many EU workers rights, the U.K. Worker is lazy, feckless and pampered. Raab wants to do away with paid breaks, sick pay, holiday pay, the minimum wage, trade union rights and the right to sack workers at will and without reason.
Did anyone on Celtic Noise who voted for Brexit actually read what the main Tory Brexiteers want for us post Brexit?
Everything we export to the EU will be more expensive because of Duty now due on our exports.
Everything we import from the EU will now be more expensive because of import Duty.
How do you think bosses will reduce costs to offset Import/Export duties. By lowering wages and/or redundancy that's how.
We need to get away from England and the right wing Tory/Brexiteers who are seeking to lower our working and living conditions.
I have a feeling there will be SNP landslide in Scotland.
Not sure what will happen after that though.

Ally I hope to God yer right and there are no Tories on here,but I think come results time we will see at least a cpl of surprising torie seats along the central belt area, voted in by bigoted brain dead The rangers fans...
I live in an ex mining community who have seen a conservative councillor voted in for the first time ever, in the same manner, just to take a little power away from the perceived threat from the SNP. Which boiled down is only a shite for sugar argument (that lot at their best )....
Their ancestors must be turning in their graves..
That is the sickening bit seeing torys voted into ex mining areas ,there fight trampled on by useless spineless fkwits seduced by the word unionist

If the Tory/Brexit people win the election it bodes ill for UK workers.
Dominic Raab Tory MP and leading Brexiteer believes we have too many EU workers rights, the U.K. Worker is lazy, feckless and pampered. Raab wants to do away with paid breaks, sick pay, holiday pay, the minimum wage, trade union rights and the right to sack workers at will and without reason.
Did anyone on Celtic Noise who voted for Brexit actually read what the main Tory Brexiteers want for us post Brexit?
Everything we export to the EU will be more expensive because of Duty now due on our exports.
Everything we import from the EU will now be more expensive because of import Duty.
How do you think bosses will reduce costs to offset Import/Export duties. By lowering wages and/or redundancy that's how.
We need to get away from England and the right wing Tory/Brexiteers who are seeking to lower our working and living conditions.
I have a feeling there will be SNP landslide in Scotland.
Not sure what will happen after that though.
I don't see a landslide ,i would like to think it could happen it will be interesting what campaign they run and if they have learned lessons from the last election ,they'll need to fight for every vote

Would like all comments re General Election 12 Dec. Are we tactical voting to stop Brexit, are we voting SNP to hopefully one day get that referendum on Independence. No point in talking about Conservative voters as not any I presume correct me if I'm wrong on here. I personally don't think Labour will win this election so it's down to how many seats the SNP and Lib dems take to stop an outright majority Conservative government. Thoughts please on how you see it turning out Tank You 🍀🍀
I will be voting for SNP despite having many nit picking issues with them.

Im traditional labour voter but since Blair decided to take the party past centre to the right, and hence made Labour an alternative conservative party I have vowed never to trust any unionist party with my vote.

I vote SNP purely to be gone from Westminster.

EU hierarchy needs reformed as well.

But thats not my main concern.

Main concern is no matter which government Scotland votes to use Scottish resources if the English vote different then we get saddled with English choice, and therefore Scottish vote in my mind is irrelevant.

So because it matters not what I vote in the bigger picture Scottish assets and resources are purely utilised to benefit the minority and worse that minority uses that power to diminish Scottish assets and replace it with debts that do not benefit Scotland or its people. Usually helps make London and its surrounding areas more valuable while stripping scotland.

I want out of UK

the benefits it brings should be many

But instead it impoverishes our wealthy country to the detriment of the Scottish peoples livelihood.

Stripped of our industry
Stripped of our world class engineers
opportunities minimised
poverty increased in our part of uk
dependent on goodwill of English voters who have no goodwill (it seems to Scotland)

UK Labour Party failed my family
The never ever made poor areas of Glasgow better places even when they were left leaning government
Tory party despise Scotland
Lib democrats are not my cup of tea, in fact the entire whig historical philosophy makes me Boak, Cromwell and later the glorious revolution was dominated by liberal enlightenment for a century and created the empire with its watp mentality.

I dont particularly like SNP but they are pro scotland rather than union with the devious Westminster governments

Union could and should be best

But 300 years of missuse of Scotlands talents and wealth means SNP will get my vote till or if we ever get free from the burden of Etonian politics

And sadly even if that should happen I suspect the Scottish wealth will be used by WATP hidden hand to create chains for non peepo.

The assets may well have been permanently displaced but I vote SNP in the hope of justice for Scottish people and talented people everywhere in scotland who are held down by repressive UK politics

I will be voting for SNP despite having many nit picking issues with them.

Im traditional labour voter but since Blair decided to take the party past centre to the right, and hence made Labour an alternative conservative party I have vowed never to trust any unionist party with my vote.

I vote SNP purely to be gone from Westminster.

EU hierarchy needs reformed as well.

But thats not my main concern.

Main concern is no matter which government Scotland votes to use Scottish resources if the English vote different then we get saddled with English choice, and therefore Scottish vote in my mind is irrelevant.

So because it matters not what I vote in the bigger picture Scottish assets and resources are purely utilised to benefit the minority and worse that minority uses that power to diminish Scottish assets and replace it with debts that do not benefit Scotland or its people. Usually helps make London and its surrounding areas more valuable while stripping scotland.

I want out of UK

the benefits it brings should be many

But instead it impoverishes our wealthy country to the detriment of the Scottish peoples livelihood.

Stripped of our industry
Stripped of our world class engineers
opportunities minimised
poverty increased in our part of uk
dependent on goodwill of English voters who have no goodwill (it seems to Scotland)

UK Labour Party failed my family
The never ever made poor areas of Glasgow better places even when they were left leaning government
Tory party despise Scotland
Lib democrats are not my cup of tea, in fact the entire whig historical philosophy makes me Boak, Cromwell and later the glorious revolution was dominated by liberal enlightenment for a century and created the empire with its watp mentality.

I dont particularly like SNP but they are pro scotland rather than union with the devious Westminster governments

Union could and should be best

But 300 years of missuse of Scotlands talents and wealth means SNP will get my vote till or if we ever get free from the burden of Etonian politics

And sadly even if that should happen I suspect the Scottish wealth will be used by WATP hidden hand to create chains for non peepo.

The assets may well have been permanently displaced but I vote SNP in the hope of justice for Scottish people and talented people everywhere in scotland who are held down by repressive UK politics
Expertly put tet. Excellent response. You'd get my vote if you were running. HH 🍀🍀

Can't speak to specifics, but broadly the consensus of many here on the Left hope that Labour can pull a majority or come close enough to form a coalition to get a majority.

Jeremy Corbyn as prime minister followed by Bernie Sanders as president a year from now unlocks many possibilities between the US and UK.

Members online

Latest posts

Back