Elyounnoussi for £9 million

Winter

Celtic must pay £9m to land Mohamed Elyounoussi on permanent deal via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:

What's going on here? Apparently Moi didn't cost saints £16 million but closer to £12 million? Also strangely he isn't on the reported 65kpwk but more a salary comparable with Celtic's highest earners (around40k pwk) hes 25 which isn't old at all but may be too old for Celtic to stump up the £9million that saints allegedly will let him go for. The one football app where I stumbled across this piece is normally pretty accurate, if it is , I wonder how these" facts " could be overlooked. SMS in overdrive against us I'd have thought would have picked up on this way before now though it has to be said the app is sourcing record sport and that could account for the article. Not sure what to think except I believe that hes probably worth more than that

Celtic must pay £9m to land Mohamed Elyounoussi on permanent deal via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:

What's going on here? Apparently Moi didn't cost saints £16 million but closer to £12 million? Also strangely he isn't on the reported 65kpwk but more a salary comparable with Celtic's highest earners (around40k pwk) hes 25 which isn't old at all but may be too old for Celtic to stump up the £9million that saints allegedly will let him go for. The one football app where I stumbled across this piece is normally pretty accurate, if it is , I wonder how these" facts " could be overlooked. SMS in overdrive against us I'd have thought would have picked up on this.
if he available for 9 million with wage thats affordable then I think he would be good signing

if he available for 9 million with wage thats affordable then I think he would be good signing
Undoubtedly TET though as I say they are sourcing record sport ( I've emailed the one football app before about the bias in SMS and in particular the made up/phantom story by a couple of bhoys that Celtic were interested in a player) we all know it was just a few tweets to see if SMS mainly record sport would pick up on it which they happily did. One football responded saying they would investigate. If they did it would appear they haven't learned much. I find it hard to believe (record sport giving Celtic fans hope)?

What's going on here? Apparently Moi didn't cost saints £16 million but closer to £12 million? Also strangely he isn't on the reported 65kpwk but more a salary comparable with Celtic's highest earners (around40k pwk) hes 25 which isn't old at all but may be too old for Celtic to stump up the £9million that saints allegedly will let him go for. The one football app where I stumbled across this piece is normally pretty accurate, if it is , I wonder how these" facts " could be overlooked. SMS in overdrive against us I'd have thought would have picked up on this way before now though it has to be said the app is sourcing record sport and that could account for the article. Not sure what to think except I believe that hes probably worth more than that

The guy who wrote the piece claims to be a free lancer southampton fan and tweeter

Totally worth it. I've actually sent a bottle of smelling salts to Lawell to help him through this traumatic time when every Celtic man, wummin, wean, dug and cat, know we need to act. Poor cunt hasn't slept since we were handed our arse and investment was front and centre. If we had gone 8 clear it would have been £5m tops. Now with us looking down the barrel of a gun to save 9, I'm predicting he increases that to £ 5.2m.

I think we need some older heads in the team - development players are fine for future but we need some people who can bring additional talent and edge here and now. Incidentally on a different tact but I would not spend the Peter pennies on Fillip Benkovic because that knee features more in the headlines than he does. Cracking player but something not right there. We need to hope Peter is thinking big o_O

I think we need some older heads in the team - development players are fine for future but we need some people who can bring additional talent and edge here and now. Incidentally on a different tact but I would not spend the Peter pennies on Fillip Benkovic because that knee features more in the headlines than he does. Cracking player but something not right there. We need to hope Peter is thinking big o_O
Benkovic looked a crackin player until we needed him
always thought Croatian players were hard as nails, seems like they've all got egg shell knees

Last edited by a moderator:
Before his injury I’d have said pay the 9mil, but this injury is raising questions for me at that price. We’re not a club that can afford to take that hit if he doesn’t really recover. And we’re a club that seems to carry a good few injuries that never seem to go away. I never thought Elyounoussi would’ve been out this long with a sore foot. He was just starting to come in to a game, and I’d say the jury is still out if he could maintain that

I thought in Europe particularly Elyounoussi gave us a bit of physicality and caused defenders problems and like you Cheezydee thought he'd be back by now. That first half in the cup final possibly set him back the way - we do appear to have multiple injuries. Lets hope 2020 is a bit kinder in this run in...

The foot injurys a strange one unusual that no details of the injury have been made public
Mr Celtic Lawwell probably prohibited any information release,,the only info we usually get is about big Rogic when he limps back from his Australian internationals...Tom out for another 4-5 months...
It would be very interesting to count the games the big man has actually started since he came to Celtic and the length of his injury problems..

HH.

I personally think it’s time for rogic. I can’t see him recapturing the firm to justify keeping him. A guy that has rarely in his time managed 90 mins. A guy that has rarely had a run in the team long enough to think he’s over any injury. I can only remember once under Rodgers that he was in for a few months spell. I’ve heard that his wife hates living here, despite him signing a new deal around a year ago. My thoughts are that if we’d signed turrnbull, he was away.

I like the guy, and no doubt there is a talented player there, but like jozo, he’s hardly on the pitch to prove it. Feels like rogic has been with us for years and yet probably equates to 1 season of football

Members online

Latest posts

Back