Elyounoussi

Played very well today. Still have soft spot for Sinclair. But currently elyounousi seems better choice. not sure id pay the price he cost his current team though?
Think Sinclair has and is being treated like shit a guy who can be very proud of his Celtic career and imo has still got more to give. Never seen him moaning tae the hun press either and tell you whit I fuckin wid

I have been thinking about this for a wee while.
Now on the MSM they are talking about how we might try and buy him.
Well sorry but he is a Scotty Sinclair replica. Cuts in on his right foot and we have Sincy sitting there who can do that all day long.
Happy with his contribution but not overwhelmed
If he is a £16m player then frankly a slightly bulked up Mikey Johnson is a much better option.
Not wishing to downplay his contribution but get back soon Mikey.
HH
Absolute nonsense , moi , is a top quality player who we will do well to hang on to, if and it’s a big if, we can, sincky, superb talent, but his time has come and gone, Mikey, still to prove it a top level consistently
Moi, right time right place
Right player

It's always good to have options and depth in the squad. Sincy may still have a role to play this season and wee mikey is still on.an upward curve so bodes well for the future as well as the contribution he can make in the present. I think ella went on the outside of his man for his left foot shot that came off the inside of the post.

Absolute nonsense , moi , is a top quality player who we will do well to hang on to, if and it’s a big if, we can, sincky, superb talent, but his time has come and gone, Mikey, still to prove it a top level consistently
Moi, right time right place
Right player
Think his wages would be out our league.And i can't see the board upsetting the financial applecart to pay that kind of money out. Would be a great addition no doubt but personally can't see it.

Surely both Forster and elyounoussi would look at how they've been treated at Southampton and how they're being treated at Celtic and take a wage cut. Forster has even spoke about it recently, about feeling wanted again. It's not like they'll be on dole money. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my behalf, but elyounoussi is getting better with each game so I would like to see Celtic push the boat out....
The worm seems to be turning on EPL teams who stockpiled players and never played them , footballs a short career and players want to be playing regular football ,win medals, be part of a successful team and experience european nights, not sitting wasting away in the background well the ones with ambition don't .

Eloise is a good fit whether we can buy him or not is another thing ,but eddie at 9m and julie at 7m , we should chance our arm and atleast tryin get a deal

The worm seems to be turning on EPL teams who stockpiled players and never played them , footballs a short career and players want to be playing regular football ,win medals, be part of a successful team and experience european nights, not sitting wasting away in the background well the ones with ambition don't .

Eloise is a good fit whether we can buy him or not is another thing ,but eddie at 9m and julie at 7m , we should chance our arm and atleast tryin get a deal
There might be room for negotiations on that front, not sure how long his contract is down south? As mentioned before his wages are the sticking point and personally don't think he would budge on them.

Not crazy about Zlatan -- his reputation in the U.S. at the Galaxy is that he's the biggest asshole in MLS. Yeah, he's great, scores a lot, blah blah blah, but it's a character issue for me. Your mileage may vary.

Meanwhile, back to Elyounoussi, I love the guy to death and I would love to see him stay for 10, at least. It is my hope that he won't be off with the next best offer from another club, but I have a feeling he might bolt. I don't have anything with which to back that up, except for his comments about Ajer being worth a lot to teams in the EPL.

Not crazy about Zlatan -- his reputation in the U.S. at the Galaxy is that he's the biggest asshole in MLS. Yeah, he's great, scores a lot, blah blah blah, but it's a character issue for me. Your mileage may vary.

Meanwhile, back to Elyounoussi, I love the guy to death and I would love to see him stay for 10, at least. It is my hope that he won't be off with the next best offer from another club, but I have a feeling he might bolt. I don't have anything with which to back that up, except for his comments about Ajer being worth a lot to teams in the EPL.

The deal with these players is usually i will give all for the club in return that you allow me to ressurect my career, Its a fair trade deal we get the right guys for the nine and they get to leave with our best wishes and gratitude, sometimes though they cannot shake off the fairytale dust and they decide they want to stay, either way its a win win for all.
If Elyounoussi and big Fraser have to go home, then we will recruit for the ten and we will have a batch of our own players a year older, wiser and more experienced thanks to playing alongside these types of players, its the tried and tested model that has kept us ahead and has enabled us to afford to play and pay in line with the mythical FFP that some seem to be able to exploit at will.

The deal with these players is usually i will give all for the club in return that you allow me to ressurect my career, Its a fair trade deal we get the right guys for the nine and they get to leave with our best wishes and gratitude, sometimes though they cannot shake off the fairytale dust and they decide they want to stay, either way its a win win for all.

Good point and completely agree, boab1916. Not to go off on a tangent (again), but this is why I hope Ntcham sticks around, too; even though he found the market for his service not exactly booming earlier this year, I hope he realizes that he's welcome to play out his career at Celtic as well.

Well sorry but he is a Scotty Sinclair replica. Cuts in on his right foot and we have Sincy sitting there who can do that all day long.
If he is a £16m player then frankly a slightly bulked up Mikey Johnson is a much better option.
HH

Sorry Lmcbhoy but I think you're way off the mark on this one. Elyounoussi is a cracking player who reads the game brilliantly and his link up play with Boli down the left and with Eddy up top especially has been 1st class.

He's a quick and tidy passer, he has the pace to go by players and the quick feet to take them on which causes havoc in opposition defences and he exploits the space between the opposition's midfield and defence brilliantly. Throw into the mix he chips in with his fair share of goals and you've got a top player there.

Don't get me wrong I like both Sincy and Mikey Johnston but Elyounoussi offers far more than either at the moment. I think we've really clicked in attack since his introduction and if he keeps up that level of performance then we should go all out to get him on a permanent deal.

HH
Good player,but, 16 million plus wages is too rich for us. Half the signing on fee and half his wages would do nicely. I also think he would do very well playing beside Odsonne or in the No. 10 role. Just a thought 'cause you can't drop Corpus.

Elyounoussi, hate tae ruin the love in Bhoys & Ghirls. But we probably can't afford him & if we want tae being in our own young talent, then the money he would cost in transfer & wages could be better spent.

I like the guy as a player he gets you out yer seat, but see Mickey is the talent we have & maybe the two together would make us very strong & dangerous down the leftside, best option a loan extension till end of 20/21 season would be a great option all-around. Elyounoussi gets tae put himself in the shop window & Mickey gets tae learn from a top player.

Members online

Latest posts

Back