Enough is enough

John nó

Lennons mind and guessing games need to stop

We have now played 8 compeitive matches this season and we are yet to see our strongest starting 11, well enough is enough. I don't know who he thinks he is at the moment but he needs to start realising celtic is not or ever will be all about 1 man. He has so far this season let the club down in many ways and this needs to change and change soon. No longer is it acceptable to pass the blame onto players past and present. The lack of our fans not been in attendance etc ect.
Address the real issue and it seems like your lack of brains been the real issue. Team selections are always consistent of trying to put square pegs into round holes. This is leading to much confusion within in our play and no form of cohesion either. He is also potentially starting to bring a lack of confidence within the squad with all this chopping and changing, for how can partnerships be formed when player's are not playing regularly together?
These are obvious problems that need to be addressed and so let's see you start to address them, not the continuation of mind games followed with bullshit.
Start to play our strongest 11, build the confidence, get the job in hand done earlier, then it is OK to experiment, rotate players etc.
Enough is enough and start to show us you are the right man for this historic season.

The constant drivel analysis worries me, from Lennon.

After every match he says everyone was fantastic, even when it was dire.

Then next couple of days later he has an excuse for why the players played less than perfectly.

Couple days ago you couldn't fault them despite watching game like a grumpy mumbling man, followed by moments of see I told you so if we get a goal, even if it was scrappy.

How can perfect go from perfect to blame game?

Griff no fit, thats griff fault- fair enough.

Boli stuff. thats boli- fair enough.

No playing striker- no fit enough???? weird excuse

some players want away- to everybody loving life here.

Shape and passing is rotten- absolutely fantastic stuff- cant praise players highly enough.

We lost to Ferencvaros- cant really legislate for that- coz we were absolutely brilliant. really Neil we were pretty rotten imo.

I dont think ive ever heard him take blame for tactical mishaps, it was so and so fault, but he is brilliant really. just bad day at office for him.

the hubris in certain players and overly greedy less than team work performances are absolutely brilliant.

imo there is nothing wrong with our squad

its Lennons bizarre tactics or lack of tactics that worries me

And the constant mixed messages from day to day.

says one thing in press conferences then his body language and attitude or lack of it when things need livened up or addressed in the moments it can be mended or at least some kind of reaction to show he knows what he doing rather than just saying right things in certain pressers.

we have issues imo

we have best players in league by far but they aren't working as a team right now

is it bad apple or two that need punted?

is it just a tactical switch with more coherent team selections that are needed

is it deeper?

if the latest excuse for bad performances is small crowds not lifting players then why are they getting 20 times wage of other players if they only actually play better with big crowds

maybe that means the big crowds should get the wages instead since they actually make the difference?

I loved pennons bite passion and honesty in moment as player then manager

but he kept the mediocre traits and dumped the passion and rocket drive and the great eye for bargain and getting most out of players against stronger teams.

this fake lennon with the oh so marvellous patter after shockers is waiting me thin.

the players dont look like the really give shit for tactics anymore, maybe that is the tactic just do what you like lads your brilliant.

most of his large fee signings never get a game

and the players who play every week aren't really playing very well.

what message does that send to the guys not getting game.

the number of shots our strikers get is going south fast

passing is at a very low level imo

fix it Neil or quit if you really think celtic are playing brilliant, coz they arent

I dont mind rain

but if you say rainy weather is brilliant and couldn't ask for more then ...

Calling dreakit dull uninspiring fantastic means your either a liar or deluded.

We can win 10 even playing dreakit

But its dreakit and dull, if you call rank fitbaw awesome then you are sending bad signals to the over inflated egos in team

blaming the wrong things is bad signals

being dishonest and unable to accept blame for bad decisions suggests he isn't fit to be boss at celtic

rodgers was giving same style of press conferences

was glad to get shot of him

wanted lennon coz he was honest and frank and celtic man

but he aint cutting it for me, despite winning most games

I sometimes wonder if the so called superior systems of rodgers are still ran in background,

playing young boys ahead of older players even when the youngsters aren't playing well is bad recipe

having too many players is bad recipe

Jung ho has its place

but controlled measured football with good signals is better

imo lennons system takes our 11 players and makes them less than sum of its parts

its the system that sucks imo

good managers create a strong system round the best 11 strengths coupled with selecting players able to play the role of system

bad managers blame players when their system sucks

if your system takes fittest most talented players in league and turns them into players who dont fit the system then the system needs changed or players need signed for system

And if you dont have a system then you shouldn't be in management of top club

Last edited:
We are unbeaten in the league and could be top in just a few hours. We do not have a fixed 11 we have 16 players available and need to keep the heid. The players train together in a large squad and we need players who can adapt. This thread simply shows the tension of the most important season in fifty years

Ah really hate this pish,we're 3 points behind with a game in hand,yes, some of us are beyond hysterical,goin fur 10,history right? because that's what we do, make history!
this season, extenuating circumstances and all that,we missed two games, new goalie, new centre back, defence needs time to gel,everybody expecting Harlem globetrotter displays (meadowlark lemon, google it!)but apparantly time is in short supply,so social media hits the negative frenzy button,
Ah remember,(auld bastaart,ah know, ye cheeky feckers!) the back ae the bus years, or the gash years as ah prefer tae call them.Jimmy McGrory,legendary player, shite manager, but one hand tied behind his back,as soon as a player showed promise, he was sold,for example, cheerio Paddy Crerand,, I digress, we had no voice, the Celtic View did'nt exist, we could call them them 'the shit happens years',
fast forward,2020, we've won 9 titles (again!),an unheard of, invincible season (oh and the scum were in the league!)
A treble treble!, could possibly get a quadruple treble!
apart from the Lions era, this has been the most succesful time in our history!!!!! think on that!
Covid appeared, and our preparation was fecked, not sayin Lenny did'nt feck up,'to err is to be human'! cheers Griff,cheers Bolingoli,so calm doon, pantie bunchers,knicker twisters,chantie wrastlers,ah've got a feeling,in the immortal words of the late,great Bob Marley, "Don't worry,about a thing"!
Slainthe, COYBIG! 🍺 🥳

The constant drivel analysis worries me, from Lennon.

After every match he says everyone was fantastic, even when it was dire.

Then next couple of days later he has an excuse for why the players played less than perfectly.

Couple days ago you couldn't fault them despite watching game like a grumpy mumbling man, followed by moments of see I told you so if we get a goal, even if it was scrappy.

How can perfect go from perfect to blame game?
Griff no fit, thats griff fault- fair enough.

Boli stuff. thats boli- fair enough.

No playing striker- no fit enough???? weird excuse

some players want away- to everybody loving life here.

Shape and passing is rotten- absolutely fantastic stuff- cant praise players highly enough.

We lost to Ferencvaros- cant really legislate for that- coz we were absolutely brilliant. really Neil we were pretty rotten imo.

I dont think ive ever heard him take blame for tactical mishaps, it was so and so fault, but he is brilliant really. just bad day at office for him.

the hubris in certain players and overly greedy less than team work performances are absolutely brilliant.

imo there is nothing wrong with our squad

its Lennons bizarre tactics or lack of tactics that worries me

And the constant mixed messages from day to day.

says one thing in press conferences then his body language and attitude or lack of it when things need livened up or addressed in the moments it can be mended or at least some kind of reaction to show he knows what he doing rather than just saying right things in certain pressers.

we have issues imo

we have best players in league by far but they aren't working as a team right now

is it bad apple or two that need punted?

is it just a tactical switch with more coherent team selections that are needed

is it deeper?

if the latest excuse for bad performances is small crowds not lifting players then why are they getting 20 times wage of other players if they only actually play better with big crowds

maybe that means the big crowds should get the wages instead since they actually make the difference?

I loved pennons bite passion and honesty in moment as player then manager

but he kept the mediocre traits and dumped the passion and rocket drive and the great eye for bargain and getting most out of players against stronger teams.

this fake lennon with the oh so marvellous patter after shockers is waiting me thin.

the players dont look like the really give shit for tactics anymore, maybe that is the tactic just do what you like lads your brilliant.

most of his large fee signings never get a game

and the players who play every week aren't really playing very well.

what message does that send to the guys not getting game.

the number of shots our strikers get is going south fast

passing is at a very low level imo

fix it Neil or quit if you really think celtic are playing brilliant, coz they arent

[QUOTE="Starrynight, post: 226430, member:
Good post.
Sometimes wonder were he is coming from,you can write the script before
his press confetence,quite strange.
These days I am a wreck watching some of their performances although
we are getting the points.
Usually relief more than joy.

This is the toughest part of having a deep-rooted love of football and an even deeper-rooted love of Celtic: we cannot influence change the way we might be able to in nearly every other aspect of our lives.

We are dependent upon the actions of others to determine our most favourable outcomes. We are relying upon young men who have not always experienced grave misfortune or hard times. I don't think players intentionally play poorly and I don't think they intentionally make mistakes.

As football fans, we are overly-reactive. That's not a criticism, that's just a fact. Each poor performance tends to invoke negativity which is not equal to the outcome and each good performance leads to a level of positivity which can often be described as excessive.

Are there issues with the team at the moment? Yes, I would say so.

Are they fixable issues? Yes, I would say so.

Are the issues with how the players are being managed/coaches? Yes, I would say so.

Are these fixable issues? Yes, but it may require the recruitment of an experienced assistant.

Is there a point of no return? Yes, if we fall more than 6 points behind after same amount of games played, then positions might become untenable.

We don't know how unsettled certain players are due to ongoing transfer speculation, so it might need the window to come and go before the dust settles.

We are all anxious for this season. We know what's at stake. Remember though, it's those types of midweek games in Paisley and the likes which will make or break the season. So far the damage has been limited to only two points dropped (excluding a painful experience in Europe). We have to take the positives and state that we played piss-poorly (which can happen) and still managed to grind it out comfortably enough. I've got my own ideas about what to change, but I am not in a position to enforce those changes.

This is the penance for being a deep-rooted lover of football and Celtic, my friends, but wherever we are right now, it still beats the living shit out of what we had to endure during the 90's. I guess we just have to buckle up and strap in for another roller-coaster ride.

God help us all

I must admit, I am a wee bit worried....but early days, and I am sure it will sort itself oot and we will get into 'top gear' soon......But although I hate to say this....'I can see 'them' coming'....and that's a bigger concern....We MUST get it sorted oot and be the first team to score against them this season.....Once the transfer window is shut I am sure that will help us get settled......Let's aw keep the heed and keep the faith...🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back