Euro 2020 - Scotland

Smelltheg-love

It’s upon us now
First major tournament in forever
Are we excited about our chances ?
How will we do ?

Are there any stories to share about growing up watching the most frustrating nation to ever kick a ball

I thought I’d start this thread to suck the negativity away from Celtic for a wee while

I’m going to say it sober, we’re getting out of the groups, I have faith in the manager and we have a pretty decent team.

have to go now, I’ve an appointment with my therapist

A nation once again - well a fitba one

Last edited:
I remember where I was at a given time based on where I watched the World Cup.
74- wee laddie in Colchester
78- Mums hoose in Dundee
82- my own house in Ardler multis
86- Drug hoose in Mid Craigie
90- London
92 EC- Frankfurt (fuckin crazy year- mad, sad n bad.
96EC- Manchester- I was working in the city centre on the day the IRA blew up the Arndale Centre, England beat Scotland the same day. I watched it in a pub just oot side Bolton- A village called Farnworth and English guys got right in oor faces. 'Twas a hard day.
98- Settled doon family man Dundee.
21EC- Covid, Lockdown in Lochee.

Last edited:
I was to young to care about France 98. All my mates are huns so watching Scotland was the only time we could share the joy or pain of football together, usually pain. But there was the celebrations after McFaddens goal v France. Or beating the Dutch in the 1st leg (only to be battered in the 2nd). I loved supporting Scotland with my mates before the politics ruined it for me. But I'm putting the politics and the blazers to one side and I'm going to try get behind the team.....not changing my Superbru prediction though😁

I don't really have a particular passion for international fitba these days and never really did. As it's always been club fitba for me. But of course there are many great teams of note including Brazil Holland Argentina Germany France and Italy among others. I've only ever been to one Scotland game in my puff and that was against Brazil at Hampden in 1973. ..Big Dumpling Derek Johnstone scored an O.G. ..1 nil defeat 78,000 for a friendly. I do think we've actually got a decent team at present and got a half decent chance of showing up in this tournament. Alhough Centre half and forward positions don't inspire me. I think we are still game so I'll be cheering them on.IMG-20210612-WA0002.jpg

I was to young to care about France 98. All my mates are huns so watching Scotland was the only time we could share the joy or pain of football together, usually pain. But there was the celebrations after McFaddens goal v France. Or beating the Dutch in the 1st leg (only to be battered in the 2nd). I loved supporting Scotland with my mates before the politics ruined it for me. But I'm putting the politics and the blazers to one side and I'm going to try get behind the team.....not changing my Superbru prediction though😁
Too young to care about France 98 😯
You could have knocked me out with a feather after that
I had you down as much older Lubo
Must be aw that greeting you dae 🤣

Members online

Latest posts

Back