Euro 24 qualyfying and international break.

Ooft that's a sair wan Wales.
Incredible penalties from Poland 5/5
Watching the emotions of the Welsh fans and it brings back the fact we've qualified and what it means to be in it, even the expanded version.
Was brutal watching when the Republic, N Ireland , England and Wales all qualified and we didn't 2016.
Tonight's result is a timely reminder for Scotland of our limitations and puts our accomplishment in qualifying in perspective especially watching Wales go out with Greece and Ukrainians come back against Iceland.

Not a great performance tonight from Scotland..
The way i see it is that most of the players tonight are not used to playing for a team that dominate possession (82%) like Scotland did ( Robertson apart)... Northern Ireland played like SPL teams do against us, Livingstonesque almost....if there was ever a game for Callum then this was it, someone who is up against this pish week in week out
But i still maintain that we are a decent team when our best is out there but woefully short up front

Just watched the Georgia - Greece highlights Giakoumakis missed his penalty for Georgia to score and win.
Greek players all had laser pens flashed in their faces before taking their penalties, mass brawl at HT, both coaches sent off I'd forgotten how sneaky underhanded the cheating Georgians are.
They have talent but I hate that side of them. Crazy scenes though.

Not a great performance tonight from Scotland..
The way i see it is that most of the players tonight are not used to playing for a team that dominate possession (82%) like Scotland did ( Robertson apart)... Northern Ireland played like SPL teams do against us, Livingstonesque almost....if there was ever a game for Callum then this was it, someone who is up against this pish week in week out
But i still maintain that we are a decent team when our best is out there but woefully short up front
Aye , short up front , weve relied on our midfield and credit to Mctominey on the season of his life.
His goals fired us to Germany and I think even Mctominey would admit to being as surprised as the rest of us at his campaign he's been brilliant for us, so good Ten Haag even used him in same way for Man utd and also got joy from him at club level he's scored some big goals for them as well.
We appear to have a bit of abundance in talent in the middle of the park but up front and defence we're not as strong.
We need all hands to be on it and lacked commitment tonight, something Ralston would've brought in spades I thought this game was crying out for that type of player, he can feel hard done by not getting on. When Robertson and KT are on it they compliment one another.
Not sure if Clarke knows what and whom our best defence is never mind our best starting xi but I'm not overly critical he's done really well for Scotland imho with what's at his disposal.
2 euros qualification on the bounce ( even if one was a backdoor nations league play off covid*season) would've been so far fetched to forsee when he took the job.
Think we should be looking for more Scottish granny and granda birth lines 😀

Can't help but grind my wallies at FIFA and UEFA's hypocrisy whilst watching the recent international fixtures, especially with each game having " PEACE - MŃP " emblazoned on screen in front of the players and officials line up before each game.
Not that I'm against the calls for peace I'm all for it but only FIFA are allowed to call for peace and in which region of planet FIFA its called for in depends on them.
The governing bodies can call for peace between Russia and Ukraine and supporters cannot call for peace in Palestine and if they/we do then sanctions are sure to follow.
Nothing new or unfamiliar about it to anyone and the number of times it happens and I'm not trying to reopen a long political can of worms saga but bhoy it still riles the 🤬 out of me.

Glad I missed it
Aye you're lucky mate that was torturous and like Docco said, very accurately description, was "Livingston- esque v's Celtic ".
The players and Clarke looked edgy and jaded and just off it all night despite a superb atmosphere for the anthem and equally superb drowning out of theirs.
That part was the best it got.
KT put in a decent shift but even he looked like a player low on spirit.
Aach it's " just a friendly " the BBC told us gleefully every 5 minutes, tell that to the NIrish they celebrated like they'd qualified for the Euros themselves , such is the size of the scalp of Scotland these days 🙄
Its a pity the team didn't get to have the kind of celebrations we saw for the Georgians, they deserved something like that for their achievements and instead of wild celebrations for our first back to back Euros qualifications and our best ever start and winning run , we qualify on a downer instead , like uch! Ya bassa ! Another defeat?
Awrite lets away to the Euros and try better eh? .
That's the Scottish mentalty right there if ever I saw it 🤣🤣
We canny get to even play in these tournaments for decades and we slaughter ourselves for being good enough to do it , just not that good enough 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

I suppose for NIreland a win in Scotland for the first time in 50 years is a big thing and that's fair enough for the fans, that's like when we beat Spain for the first time in decades.
I have to laugh at O'Neils comments post match though " we have looked closely at how Scotland has been successful and adopted a similar system ".
One slight difference in that is all they've won is bragging rights on the night , Scotland took 3pts and won something.
I liked Clarkes comments " it's fair to say we're not very good at friendlies because we don't win many, I'm a little bit late into the press conference , I would rather be sitting here in my position, unfortunately Wales have been knocked out on penalty kicks, its not all doom and gloom".
O'Neil talking himself up like he schooled Clarke, Clarke biting back like this a bounce game?
This is O'Neil saying I was offered the Scotland job but..
A match like Scotland v Northern Ireland is never a friendly but, it is actually just a friendly 😄

Last edited:
Ok, just watched the lowlights on YT.
Tbf the young irish lad took his goal well albeit with a fair dollop of luck that took the ball into the top corner. But what the hell was Patterson doing gifting them the ball back in the penalty area.
I'm a glutton for punishment so I watched Clarkes post match interview. Somebody get that man to the doctors. He's seriously depressed. I thought he was going to grete. If thats how he is when they lose a 'friendly' god help him after the Germans have finished with them.
Get on the prozac Steve, now.

How PISH are Scotland FULL STOP!! 🤣🤣🤣.. We got Sooo Lucky away tae Norway & beat a poor Spanish side!! Switzerland & Hungary are NAE MUGS.. We're finishing bottom.. LUMP YIR FUKIN MORTGAGE on at a HUNBERLIEVABLE 8/1!! 🤑🤑🤑🤑
Norway got arrogant subbing off Hahaland thinking game was over , can't do that with elite sides like COUHGScotland, same with Spain ( an elite side like Scotland, thought they'd just have to turn up at Hampden and win , probably cos they've been doing that for years. And dinna forget about Georgia ( another elite side noo they've qualified ) 😅 got to be raging at that if you're Norway, two countries above qualify and the one below from the same group.
Tbh I think we took on too many elite sides having qualified with 2 games to spare. Got thumped by them all.
I wouldn't say Spain an average side that night they just didn't click and we had Lothar Mctominey on hand .
We are an elite side noo, nations league A team England arent so must be true 😛

Back