Euro 24 qualyfying and international break.

Injury update for our players - Appears that Abada injury not as bad as first thought. He may well play for Isreal tomorrow....not sure if that is a good or bad thing as they have gradually introduced him to training this week apparently, hopefully does not set him back if he does play.
Maeda did not train yesterday and misses today's game for Japan ...no reason given as yet ?
We continue to keep our fingers crossed our bhoys can get through these dreaded international breaks unscathed but it never seems to quite work out that way for us.

Starting to get worried a little about the Asian Cup ( is it I'm thinking of?) We may not have seen hatate, Kyogo called up that time but I've a feeling both will be for the Asian version of the euros and possibly iwata and Kobayashi at least to the u21s.

Add Maeda, CCV, Starfelt, Oriley (u21s), Oh, Calmac, Mooy come the time of the tournament I'd expect to be in that squad.

Also Johnston, Haksabanovic, and Stephen Welsh u21.

That's 14 players without including Turnbull who is in form , Ralston , Taylor.

One last little rant blast at stevie Clarke and his selection.

Liam Kelly, Motherwells goal keeper called up for the Cyprus and Spain games I mean what ?

Motherwell sit 9th from 12 , 29 played 30 points conceding 44 goals in the process, how does this form get Kelly an international cap and against Spain no less?

Steve Clarke and his " if you're not starting matches for your club then you won't be for your country either is a mistake ".

We don't have good enough squad to be that way , perhaps in the outfield more so but at gk?

Bain has been good enough to make our bench regardless if the ifs and buts surrounding his inclusion.

Clarke has named 1 inexperienced keeper and that's worrying when we have bain , Marshall and others with the experience to fill in , not saying they should bit on the bench?

Thos Scotland squad has a look of a containing team built to stop the opposition which is unlikely to work v Spain they wear you down.

Scotland on @OneFootball

Hampden Park when it's heaving I.e full of Tim's has an impressive atmosphere to it also in big Scotland games.

That looks like a full stadium today or very close to the 50k capacity.

Whilst it's great for fans unlikely to get the chance to see the team play I always think these games should be touring the country for fans like Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Easter Road, these stadiums guarantee a hostile environment.

Scotland really needs to get with the flow, Hampdens atmosphere right now is akin to Wimbledon or the Crucible where you could hear a pin drop 📍👂

East Kilbride man!
Sumbdy should start a crowd fund an buy East Kilbride a stadium worthy of the Premier league.....oh and a team to play in it plus fans to put bums on seats and uch fk it hampden then

OK I missed the first half but the goal looked decent that aside though cmon tae 🤬 Scotland this is a qualifier wheres the passion and speed of movement?

No wonder the fans cannot get excited about this performance so far against Cyprus

Show some patriotism might only be Cyprus but the 3pts are huge .

"What a ball from Robertson, crying out for any center forward to tap it in"
- aye any butva Scottish CF.

Really disappointing Scotland and yes 3 points is the be all and end all but we know that Norway, Spain and probably Georgia will take 3or 4 from this Cyprus side

A few surprise if not shock results in Euro 24 qualifying.

Italy 1 England 2 , never looked in doubt .

Slovakia 0 Luxembourg 0 , the Lux continue taking points where they've no business.

Bosnia 3 Iceland 0 , ok not a huge shock but given icelands recent results this one is a surprise.

Bulgaria 0 Montenegro 1, just in for the Celtic connection with Haksabanovic for the monty-s and a certain Celtic legends son for Bulgaria Krystiann Petrov hh

France 4 Holland 0 certainly falls into the shock and horror for dutch fans letting everyone know that this dutch side are mince.

Czech Republic 3 Poland 1, two good teams shouldn't be a surprise one beats the other but Poland have been really good recently so is included if only since Poland rarely ship 3 goals.

Sweden 0 Belgium 3 , if De Bruyne plays so does Holland whove been disappointing of late and so have Sweden great result.

And that is the good or bad shite or sad Scotland 3 Cyprus 0
Not the best game to watch but a big 3points gained well done

I'm certainly not complaining about a Scotland win in an opening qualifying game for the first time in a long long time, the jurassic period I think so this is a good omen.

Spain beat Norway 3-0 let's hope we xan beat that a point would be continental wide news " mon eh Scotland " 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:
So far that is Abada, Haksabanovic, Ralston & Maeda picked up injuries when away with their international teams. Not to worry - Celtic only pay their wages and may now have them missing for an important run of matches that will define our whole season!

So far that is Abada, Haksabanovic, Ralston & Maeda picked up injuries when away with their international teams. Not to worry - Celtic only pay their wages and may now have them missing for an important run of matches that will define our whole season!
Add to that we had Mooy Iwata Jamesy all missing before the break and both CCV and Taylor managing injuries and all of a sudden we are not in a healthy place with another international game to address before we can count the walking wounded.

Still though Bridie Bhoy raises an age old question one that doesn't only concern us alone but all clubs .

It strikes me that FIFA/UEFA and their tournaments live a life of charitable goodwill, the goodwill and charitable part coming from the clubs..

Last I checked the champions league brings in more cash than the FIFA World Cup, can debate the rights and wrongs of that all night but its true.

FIFA have upped the money ( just recently ) for clubs and the use of their players but £355 million for the 26 and 30 world cups is an insult and the ECA ahould be ashamed of themselves for brokering a deal that increases the value immensely , nearly 70 % bit let's ne honest here if Mbappe and Kane and Ryan Porteus all get injured there goes the £350 million

Still though Bridie Bhoy raises an age old question one that doesn't only concern us alone but all clubs .

It strikes me that FIFA/UEFA and their tournaments live a life of charitable goodwill, the goodwill and charitable part coming from the clubs..

Last I checked the champions league brings in more cash than the FIFA World Cup, can debate the rights and wrongs of that all night but its true.

FIFA have upped the money ( just recently ) for clubs and the use of their players but £355 million for the 26 and 30 world cups is an insult and the ECA ahould be ashamed of themselves for brokering a deal that increases the value immensely , nearly 70 % bit let's ne honest here if Mbappe and Kane and Ryan Porteus all get injured there goes the £350 million

Wiz it a Ryan Porteous tackle that injured thum.
Asking fur Digby Broown

HH 😉

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back