European Super League

Not all fans the last one died a painful fast death by the outcry created by FANS
And I’m sure that a court has already declared that Uefa are correct when they killed it last time
The same thing is happening in Golf Saudi washed oil money is trying to run Golf for the top players and to hell with the rest.
I’m sure this will be the same outcome in football this will mean you buy the hottest players from the weakest at the lowest price most clubs will stop academy type set ups as the Man City model will just hoover up the best young talent as is happening with us Doak to Liverpool and the youngsters to Bayern
We would be feeder club nothing more
And when TV gets involved there will be four/five companies all with rights
So a bit like now
Premier/Viaplay SKY BT Amazon and that’s just in the Uk there will be companies all wanting a slice and mugs paying what they tell you your paying
Yes this sounds like a great idea mm
NAW

HH 🙁
The people running the games (any sport nowadays) are in it for one thing, as much dinero as they can rake in
I don't watch the EPL, won't watch the Superbowl this weekend, I watch the occasional hockey game
I watch the SPFL games, whenever I can and as
We all know the reasons why sport in general, is becoming a joke, corrupt executives running the sport, and owners, corrupt officials, prima donna players, making outrageous amounts of money for kicking a ball, no disrespect to anyone who has played the game, but it's out of control with transfer fees and wage
The clubs shareholders are coining it in, with sponsorship deals, and merchandise sales, clubs are now big business, while the average family is struggling to survive and keep a roof over their heads in many cases In most sports
There is no more 'Playing for the love of the game' as we all did before, it's a money machine, run by money men, most of whom have never kicked a ball in their life
Ach, everything that needs to be said has been said by the knowledgeable members of the noise
To quote Trainspotting's Mark Renton..."It's a shite state of affairs"
Here's to a victory tomorrow and hope everyone has a great weekend

HH

I’m fucked if I know what’s best but playing the same teams up to six times a year is boring as fuck but just like the CL I can see it all being skewed to funnel upwards most of the cash to the clubs with the big TV audiences and in that type of set up we will be the plucky wee underdogs feeding off the bones that the oil sheikhs clubs discard for eternity.
Now there’s a positive note to start the weekend on 🤪

Change will happen some day. You can complain and moan as much as you want but change will happen. Who knows what the change will be? Proposals are not actualities. Trying to prevent change is like trying to stop the incoming tide. Accept that change will happen and be a part of that change and not apart from the change.

Change will happen some day. You can complain and moan as much as you want but change will happen. Who knows what the change will be? Proposals are not actualities. Trying to prevent change is like trying to stop the incoming tide. Accept that change will happen and be a part of that change and not apart from the change.
Change will happen in small increments and change will only happen if the Judges agree with the question as UEFA will come out fighting.
Oh and any fan backlash that will start again with the sums of money that’s the ball game the FANS they won’t be driven by money they love there clubs and what it means for them not the chairman’s bank account.
It’s easy to throw huge numbers at clubs
Oooh here’s billions but let’s get real how much cash will we get in this great new scheme the same pishtance we get if we qualify for the CL as champions we usually have to qualify while some bloated shite from Any of the top five get a guaranteed
Pot of cash for squeezing into 4th place.
So no Change May come it may not.
But let’s see the black and white of the contract and where the real money goes too Clue
The same shits it was previously intended for. Imo

HH 🙁

Rubbish. I accept that most leagues in Europe want and need some form of change because of the financial dominance of the English Premier league and the money that's being pumped into it. But pumping more money into a European super league is not the answer.
The EPL is responsible for ruining many promising young players careers by over inflating their ambitions and wage packets before they were ready.

We play a sport.
We are not American, thank fuck.

Change is unpredictable and pessimists assume that change will tend to be wrong. Optimists assume that change will be good. Change will happen. Life is change. That's a truism. Since formation Celtic have always been regarded as a Scottish team playing in Scotland. Change could mean they were a Scottish team playing in Europe. I believe that would be good. It would be very different but it would still be good, I believe. My perspective is based on distance. I have no opportunity to attend matches home or away and I would rather watch Celtic play Inter Milan rather than play Livingston. I would rather have a neutral referee than a cheating Mason in Black. I would rather watch a sport than watch a rigged game. Get over your pessimism.

Change is unpredictable and pessimists assume that change will tend to be wrong. Optimists assume that change will be good. Change will happen. Life is change. That's a truism. Since formation Celtic have always been regarded as a Scottish team playing in Scotland. Change could mean they were a Scottish team playing in Europe. I believe that would be good. It would be very different but it would still be good, I believe. My perspective is based on distance. I have no opportunity to attend matches home or away and I would rather watch Celtic play Inter Milan rather than play Livingston. I would rather have a neutral referee than a cheating Mason in Black. I would rather watch a sport than watch a rigged game. Get over your pessimism.
You're probably correct when you say distance influences your thoughts on change Fis: probably also true to say you view the game from the perspective of an armchair fan ?
As it happens, I think change of some description will come about. The game will evolve to be something different from its existing format.
Whether that proves beneficial, only time will tell.
Am I afraid of change? No, not really. I genuinely hope any change is for the greater good, as opposed to being a vehicle to furnish the world's wealthy clubs with even more filthy lucre.
But aye, If I lived beside you in The Land of The Long White Cloud, perhaps I too would long for better games on the box.
I don't. I live in Scotland with its cold miserable monochrome winters. I need my fix of actually goin' to watch our team.
No matter the opposition !

Change is unpredictable and pessimists assume that change will tend to be wrong. Optimists assume that change will be good.
On the surface, this is correct. But dig a little deeper and you find that maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be.

They tried this European Super Cup nonsense already. It failed miserably, and had those big clubs scrambling back to apologize to their respective fan bases. Try that again? Same result. Guaranteed.

Change could mean they were a Scottish team playing in Europe.
We already play in Europe. What's your point/

Get over your pessimism.
The view fron your corner of the world, removed from everything else on the entire planet, is a bit skewed. Get over yourself.

Celtic are too big for Scotland but I would prefer to see us in a European League as opposed to the EPL. Our players deserve the opportunity to play in decent conditions against other footballers rather than battle rentathungs on plastic or swamp.
A European League would best preserve the character of the club as it inevitably grows. A move to the EPL would result in a rapid rise in ticket prices in line with the competition and this would price many fans out of the stadium. Particularly people who have given decades of support but are retired.

If Celtic are indeed 'too big for Scotland' then it would be best if Celtic played outside Scotland surely. Not just for 6 or 10 games in a good season but instead for most of their first team games. Sure there are problems and downsides to such a change but such change should be explored.

It’s currently rigged buy Uefa and FIFA the C/league closed shop top 5 leagues
But you still go on about the games against the Elite teams Mibbies you need some realism we won’t be in the top League your currently championing we’ll play the 5/6 th level teams in this new marvellous super duper carve up.
You’re fixating on fixtures we won’t be playing.
We’ll play the European equivalent of Killie/Livingston and we’ll also get Mibbs to match better than the SPFL shite but not the best who also make honest mistakes just not for the one club ti benefit from.
Oh and we live in the real world Scotia
IT’s maybe shite but it’s oor shite.

HH 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 😉

Members online

Back