European Super League

Ive tred to haud my weesht on your continued pie in the sky argument for moving to a Euro League. Just for the record Celtic are a Scottish football team who play in the Scottish league legitimately and who have followed the financial rules throughout their unbroken history and have to a decent degree maintained their belief in supporting those less fortunate whilst at the same time striving to be the most competitive successfull football team in this country despite the hatred and anti Celtic/Irish Catholic bias that is associated to the authorities at all levels of society.

However we continue to be the dominant most successful team in our country regardless.
We have of course fallen way short in European competion in the last 40 odd years. Despite the fact we are proud European Champions
The Modern European game is simply being built on who has the most money to make more money.
Nothing is fair about the champions league format built on elitest greed and therefore any future European set up will be exactly that.... a set up for more corruption and a pretence that somehow we are welcome.
Naw thanks ...I think I prefer the approach big Jock had in taking on the film stars and now Big Ange who will endeavour to take on the mantle. Much rather this way than selling your soul to these cheating charletons.
We have been on the end of change by Uefa the European body over many years which to my knowledge has been of no benefit to our football club.
So please Fis with respect spare us your continued disregard for us dafties about our understanding of the word change.

Celtic have BEEN a Scottish based team and will always be one. The question is should we play future games at Ochilview or at Milan. We are the best in Scotland but our income levels are low when compared with the top teams in Europe. The future is not the past. I will support Celtic all my life but surely we would mostly rather see us win in Europe. A European Super League will probably happen soon. That might be our future.

Celtic have BEEN a Scottish based team and will always be one. The question is should we play future games at Ochilview or at Milan.
Huv you been writing prescriptions fur yirself doc?
For a start WE don’t play at ochilview, that’s Stenhousemuir a club in the 2nd division, we play at Celtic park/parkhead/paradise
Even if this pie in the sky idea of a European league comes to fruition we have this new fandangled invention called an airy-plane, kinda like a big box with wings, people can actually go inside and be transported in a mere mater of hours to any part in Europe like magic….

For someone who poses to be a doctor, psychiatrist , and an author, etc, you don’t half post some amount of shite 🤷‍♂️

Catfish fur dinner anyone?

Celtic have BEEN a Scottish based team and will always be one. The question is should we play future games at Ochilview or at Milan. We are the best in Scotland but our income levels are low when compared with the top teams in Europe. The future is not the past. I will support Celtic all my life but surely we would mostly rather see us win in Europe. A European Super League will probably happen soon. That might be our future.
This yir new novel Scoattish fitba change is good change will come money is everything cause you get loose change
Make change happen a new Doc Fis page turner
You know it makes Change

HH 😳Ffs

. A European Super League will probably happen soon. That might be our future.
Not sure how, or if, news gets transferred down to your corner of the world from here, but they tried to make that fly. It crashed. And burned. And rightfully so. If they try it again, at least this soon, and it will result in the same. Insanity, as you already know, good doctor, is the repetition of the same thing over and over and hoping for different results. And no one is that insane.

Not sure how, or if, news gets transferred down to your corner of the world from here, but they tried to make that fly. It crashed. And burned. And rightfully so. If they try it again, at least this soon, and it will result in the same. Insanity, as you already know, good doctor, is the repetition of the same thing over and over and hoping for different results. And no one is that insane.
It's happening like or not...true fans fucked forget it..Oil club will rule..Be one or be after thought. That's where it's going folks!....Super league be here sooner than later...Disgraceful.

I'll be honest, i'm only against any Super League that doesn't involve us or becomes a closed shop......

Is it selfish to only give a fuck about Celtic and football in Scotland.

First off, lets deal with the current model faced on these shores.
In reality we are a match for any club in terms of size, stature, history, tradition etc. but are fucked through finance.
We've watched the finances on offer since Sky started showing the EPL games.
The only reason their biggest teams can now claim a bigger fanbase than us is because its the exposure they have worldwide. If your were in Asia and you loved football, your only way of becoming a suporter was to pick a team to support from the football you could watch on TV.
Man U under Fergie were winning everything at the time and hoovered up that exposure.
Before that, you'd have been lucky if they had a supporters club outside Manchester.
Similarly, we have watched the emergence of teams, that were in all honesty, run exceptionally by talented people. Historically minor teams that are now financially miles ahead of us.

I'll take the example of Bournemouth. The men/women in charge there should be running the country FFS ... Fucking Bournemouth....... 11,364 for a full house....... the reality is without EPL TV money, i could truthfully say that there are possibly 6 clubs in Scotland that in a sporting sense are either unquestionably bigger. FFS Imagine Jock Stein's reaction to being told in 67 that Southampton would be buying Celtics best consistently in 50 years.
Spurs..... big club, was my team many years ago, they've just spent nearly a billion on a stadium and for what...... fuck me, i'm convinced its mandatory to take a valium on entry...
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh wwwwwhhheeennnnnnn ttttthhhhheeeeeee ssssssssppppuuuuuuuurrrrrrrsssssssss ggggggggggoooooooo mmmmmmmaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrcccchhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggggg iiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn

the only atmosphere that billion quid will encounter is a fucking NFL game, place should be shut down by enviromental health, for not registering on a noise meter

oh aye, rant over, sense next.....

The EPL money has now become something even the biggest clubs in the top 5 nations can't compete with which is why thi is being discussed. The EPL are now paying the price with countries and the top 1% hoovering up the top teams. Man U/Liverpool/Man C/Everton/Arsenal/Newcastle/Chelsea and many more are are owned by people with no interest other than status and wealth. They are a commodity traded for profit., 3 letters on a stock exchange,

We on a different scale are owned by a capitalist, with an affection for Celtic, but with a long game of exposure to a league such as a Super League with Div 2 entry and a opportunity of entry at the top table with investment and ambition.

For me a recalibration of football leagues is the only way to square the circle in football, the biggest teams will become the biggest teams, they will rise to the top naturally. There are a raft of teams throughout Europe that are huge clubs but are now cannon fodder due simply to their location.

At the same time, across Europe there are leagues that will be won from now to doomsday by the same teams. The same handicap that prohibits Celtic in Europe, we have in our favour domestically. We cannot compete against the biggest clubs despite being more than a match in every way but TV money. No other team in Scotland can in reality compete with us other than that mob and they'll struggle while we have an extra 10 million through capacity/matchday income over the year.

The answer to me looks like a league of 2/3 divisions involving the biggest clubs in Europe. Whether that involves a 2nd team in SPFL, i'm not sure, but in honesty, the SPFL without us and them, would thrive. Any club in the top division with good management could win a league without us. Same in most countries without the big clubs. That would bring opportunity and supporters that aren't their now. And as part of any breakaway deal, these clubs must be weighed in, if we and the huns get eg 50 million TV money, we have to pay a chunky %age to compensate the league we leave.

For football to work, every team should be in a competitive league with a shot at winning and the money in football should be distributed much more equitably.

Failing that, fuck it, bring in the draft system

Its been a while since i've been drunk, it's been a while since i've been active..... but its still the same place, you've nae cunt to ramble to, just log in and find something to rant about....
beauty is, your one eyed rant typed with your one able finger over an hour remains a secret to you and only you ......... aww fuck

Football change is inevitable and Celtic will be aware of the pros and cons of suggested change. We are unlikely to become a better team if we are restricted to 6-10 European games That’s a truism I would expect big changes in the way European football is organised soon and we need to be aware of opportunities that may arise

A European super league will happen and when it does we will be there and not just whimper in our wee patch of Scotland

A European super league will happen and when it does we will be there and not just whimper in our wee patch of Scotland
Do you think it will be a promotion and relegation back to your original ruling body?? or a closed shop of circa 32 teams in either 2 or 4 leagues...?? . Do the players who stay with their clubs and play in these breakaway leagues get banned from international games??? or are fifa and UEFA going to allow it under their control??? 🤔

Do the domestic leagues allow a feeder club with the same name to play in their leagues... Loads of questions atm,,, who knows eh

Members online

Latest posts

Back