Even at £40m, Celtic’s sums don’t add up and Edouard knows the significance of 10IAR

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't want sell a single player to Arsenal/EPL again unless it was top dollar. I've read more than enough of the fans doing that wee pat on the head routine of "yeah we will give you a wee couple of quid and do you a favour"
Read between the lines and they class us as mugs.
Plenty of them are delighted and have been polite. I'm not throwing a net over the lot of them but that attitude is there plain and simple.
One thing is certain now. If we tell any of the mouthy Engarrund brigade "This guy is a player"
They listen

The problem with the transfer season being pushed out to October is that our early season form is essentially a shop window for those clubs with big budgets. The better we do the more exposure our top players get. Particularly as in the UK the Scottish Premier league are virtually the only UK games on TV for the rest of August. We are a selling club. If we keep scoring 5 goals a game then people in England will eventually take notice. We are vulnerable to raiders with bags of gold BUT gold does not win the Decima. Great players do. We have them and must keep them.

Every day that goes by without eddy saying he's staying is a worry. Add in trying to get another striker and that suggests the underweight bag of English gold is to he accepted.

I'm sure we are offering more money, and I hope they realise it's worth it for securing CL money and winning 10. I just cant get my head around Lawell securing Eddy on more money and spending £8-10m on another striker. Leopards and their spots.

The only reason we are looking is they havent been told Eddy's intentions. The bottom line is we dont need to sell him..we should tell him that. Hes under contract. As for the price, if he goes, has to be £40m+ or they can fuck off.

Members online

Latest posts

Back