Exclusive - Tom Grant's Celtic Park Photographs, a series

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Exclusive - Tom Grant's Celtic Park Photographs, A place that we call Paradise...

I have around 300 pics so it's going to take a while to get them all up onto The Celtic Star, I will post a new batch every day and drop the links in here so that you can catch up. These pics have never been seen before and you will see the old stadium coming down and the new Celtic Park rising majestically over the East End skies...

Crackin photo’s. I remember the old stands thanx to my Dad n Granda who took me to the Jungle and my love was cemented for a club like no other. Its in my heart, soul and every fibre of my being. The longest love i’ve ever had. 💚 😘😘😘

I remember when they built the first new stand..could see it gaining size and structure on the drive to work everyday and remember buzzing for it to open!
Wish Fergus had done the main stand the same size as well

It's weird dealing with derelict buildings, you can feel the history in them even when you have no idea what that history was. I've not been involved in much demolition but it feels sad, like your killing something.
I did a survey in a derelict jute mill in Dundee in the early 90s, massive building was in it for 4 or 5 days completely alone, spooky as fuck felt like I was being watched all the time, there was graffiti on the canteen walls from the 1800s, your mind drifts to the laughs, stories, fall outs, lives, friendships that were created in that space and now its empty and all quiet. As I said, spooky.
Must have been really emotional for any Tim's involved in demolishing Celtic Park with all that history, emotion, all the memories being wiped away.
Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Back