F@CK UEFA

Whole can of worms could be released into Noisedom here. Might even be offensive to some......and be perfectly acceptable to others. What am I on about ? Well is it right that a section of our support assume the right to speak for ALL of us when it comes to political matters. Also, is it not reasonable to be mindful of the inevitable financial penalties imposed on our club ?
The world we live in is not perfect; never has been. But let's imagine a purely hypothetical situation here. Given that most of us, to at least some degree, have opinions, political, social, cultural etc. If we All decided to bring along a banner to reinforce our opinions at a game involving Celtic: and those opinions clashed; is one anymore a Celtic supporter than the other?
I've stated my outlook as regard politics; been active for almost all of my adult life.
When I go Paradise though, I'm first and foremost a Celtic supporter ! I KNOW there will be folk who don't agree with my worldview. But we ALL want The Hoops to be successful. Truly a club for all.
Finally!
Some folk seem to forget that…..we are more than a football team…..far more…
Frank is spot on - some people also think that we are a single homogeneous political grouping and we are not. The only thing that can truely unite us is our love of the club - so don't be surprised that not eveyone appreciates some of the excesses of the GB.

Some people are saying we are being punished because our banner says fuck on it. How does that make it the political statement we are being fined for ?
I suspect that a lot of people with young kids would have complained about the language - I don't think there would have been an issue if the banner had said ban the monarchy or something similar. This was always going to bring action from the football authorites......TBH not sure I disagree.

I suspect that a lot of people with young kids would have complained about the language - I don't think there would have been an issue if the banner had said ban the monarchy or something similar. This was always going to bring action from the football authorites......TBH not sure I disagree.
Have you listened to most of the latest songs being released at the moment? Almost all of them have the word fuck at least once in the (original) lyrics.From Lizzo to H Styles, Just because you only hear the sanitized radio or YouTube version don't mean they're not there. And never mind Netflix just listen to the 'language' on cooncil telly.
How anyone can get 'upset' by wee sweary words these days makes me think they've been living in a cave for 50 years.

I'm stuck in a TEAMS meeting listening to our company's plans for the future. It's a good company but subject is a bit dry. Anyway been rooting around UEFA site trying to find the charges raised against us. Maybe it's that I am shit at using the website but I can't see us mentioned here

Some folk seem to forget that…..we are more than a football team…..far more…
Frank is spot on - some people also think that we are a single homogeneous political grouping and we are not. The only thing that can truely unite us is our love of the club - so don't be surprised that not eveyone appreciates some of the excesses of the GB.

….…………………….

Dagurney.

I assume there is a reason that you quoted a post of mine prior to making the comments you did?

Could you perhaps take the time to elaborate as to why you did that?…

Last edited:
Or…

“You can’t expect the oppressed to mourn the oppressor”…
The Queen was NOT the alleged oppressor. She had about as much power to dictate as you and me. Rail against the British government all you like but she was not involved. Read the fucking Magna Carta.

Edit: By the way. I am not a supporter of the Royals. I have a bit of a liking for the job that the 'Wales' are doing but it ends there.

Last edited:
Have you listened to most of the latest songs being released at the moment? Almost all of them have the word fuck at least once in the (original) lyrics.From Lizzo to H Styles, Just because you only hear the sanitized radio or YouTube version don't mean they're not there. And never mind Netflix just listen to the 'language' on cooncil telly.
How anyone can get 'upset' by wee sweary words these days makes me think they've been living in a cave for 50 years.
Aye tell me about it, was out working the taxi last week and every bloody station had suicide music on, so I finally had enough and dug out Gerry Cinnamon live fae Glasgow Green on you tube, and played it through my phone into the taxi, all was going well till I had a wee auld dear in as Gerry was singing "Cantar" I totally forgot he throws in a wee word that rhythms with cantar, well it does if your Glaswegian. 😂 😂.

She bust out laughing thank fek, but after that it was back to the slit the wrists stuff. 💣

….…………………….

Dagurney.

I assume there is a reason that you quoted a post of mine prior to making the comments you did?

Could you perhaps take the time to elaborate as to why you did that?…
Probably my incompetence in all things cyber - I have no issues with your post.

You are of course entirely welcome to your opinion but a lot of people do find the language offensive and to some extent parents of young children can still keep them away form that. It is still considered common decency and so it was always going to get a reaction from the football authorities.

Fuck me man! When my old man used to take me to games back in the day it was fuck this fuck that shite cunt fanny baws the lot.. nobody batted an eyelid...now some poor wee offended cunt is going to get upset by the word fuck on a banner?? Holy fuck

Fuck me man! When my old man used to take me to games back in the day it was fuck this fuck that shite cunt fanny baws the lot.. nobody batted an eyelid...now some poor wee offended cunt is going to get upset by the word fuck on a banner?? Holy fuck
It is about respecting others - we have a choice to go to the game when we know the language will be choice but folks at home with weans did not make that choice.

The Queen was NOT the alleged oppressor. She had about as much power to dictate as you and me. Rail against the British government all you like but she was not involved. Read the fucking Magna Carta.

Edit: By the way. I am not a supporter of the Royals. I have a bit of a liking for the job that the 'Wales' are doing but it ends there.

I’m at a loss as to why you are having a pop re WC’s views……you don’t agree with what he has to say, why don’t you message him with your objections…..I happen to agree with him.

On the matter of the recently departed Queen, her of the historical house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha…..and her power and dictate.

You do know the late Queen’s Governor General in Australia dismissed a duly and democratically elected government, don’t you?

That’s right!!!….. the Queen’s representative sacked an elected Labor government and then went on to appoint the Conservative opposition in their place as caretaker government until the next election.

In essence the official who acted in an official capacity for and on behalf of the Queen exercised no power or authority?…..Really!!!

So, where did you read this type of abuse of power and the democratic process is sanctioned in the Magna Carta?…..I must have missed it…

I was there. I remember it well. Where were you at that time?
Whitlam was sacked because he was crippling the country. His own party (LABOR) voted against him and blocked government supply (the budget) which created such division that a double disollution was created. The Governor General was obliged to sack the whole government and go to a general election. The queen was not involved until the decision to sack Whitlam had been made.
Maybe you live in the USA and don't believe Trump should have been sacked, or Russia where Putin should be removed or maybe China who wants Taiwan despite the Taiwanese people wanting to remain independent. No you look for a 50 year old hook. Well done .... must have taken a while to dig up that old Furphy.
Where were you again. Sorry if my memory is just a little bit hazy. It was 1975.

Celtic, Celtic, Celtic, Celtic, Celtic, Celtic

Last edited:
I’m at a loss as to why you are having a pop re WC’s views……you don’t agree with what he has to say, why don’t you message him with your objections…..I happen to agree with him.

On the matter of the recently departed Queen, her of the historical house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha…..and her power and dictate.

You do know the late Queen’s Governor General in Australia dismissed a duly and democratically elected government, don’t you?

That’s right!!!….. the Queen’s representative sacked an elected Labor government and then went on to appoint the Conservative opposition in their place as caretaker government until the next election.

In essence the official who acted in an official capacity for and on behalf of the Queen exercised no power or authority?…..Really!!!

So, where did you read this type of abuse of power and the democratic process is sanctioned in the Magna Carta?…..I must have missed it…
Seems like you missed quite a lot.

Aye, the forelock tuggers are getting their knickers in a twist & cluching pearls in horror,

That some us don't hold the Monarchy in high regard, the out pouring of sanctimonious pish, talkTv especially. Even when explained too them their wee brains canny process it.

Personally I think the GB have scored an own goal with the banner, club probably will get a fine & warning about future behaviour.

I'm a Republican so definitely have no time for the SAXE-COBURG GOTHA/WINDSOR family.
🖕FTK🖕

Liz Windsor was the head of the British armed forces. Many atrocities and massacres occurred across the globe on her watch. I don't recall a single word of protest or condemnation. Closer to home her son Charles, now head of the British armed forces, was Colonel in chief of the Parachute Regiment when they committed the Ballymurphy and Bloody Sunday massacres. Again not a word of condemnation or reproach.
Fuck the crown!
Complicit War Criminals.

Members online

Latest posts

Back