F@CK UEFA

Glasbhoy81

So celtic are yo get fined for a banner saying "fuck the crown". They say that's a political banner.
Yet the Ukrainians were allowed to put up anti war banners.
Sevvo are also not get fined for playing "God save the king" which they were specifically told they weren't allowed too. This wasn't their fans, the club played it over the speaker system.
It time for celtic to tell UEFA " Go fuck Yourself, if you want the money for the fine, take us to court"
Hopefully the Green Brigade can get a massive tifo for the next game the just reads
" fuck the crown & Fuck UEFA"

But you see, UEFA do not allow for any political statements or actions. Of course this is the same organisation that has been so heavily involved in political actions against Russia throughout 2022. Now I wouldn't say they were wrong in taking these actions but they either have to stick to their own rules as well. They are corrupt bastards.

The thing is, they were correct. Have you ever actually watched an episode of The Crown? It is total shite and so the GB were within their rights to say fuck it!

I'm looking forward to their next banner on Sunday at St Mirren saying "Fuck Mrs Brown's Boys".
That's me triggered, traumatised and offended all at once. I had to sit through an episode of Mrs Brown's shite one time.

What they have an issue with is using the word “fuck” in a banner, if it had said, down with the crown, or scrap the monarchy or some other put down it would have been fine……anyone have any idea, if the Huns have been reported for the onion bears, trying to get at the Napoli players on their warm down 😡

Whole can of worms could be released into Noisedom here. Might even be offensive to some......and be perfectly acceptable to others. What am I on about ? Well is it right that a section of our support assume the right to speak for ALL of us when it comes to political matters. Also, is it not reasonable to be mindful of the inevitable financial penalties imposed on our club ?
The world we live in is not perfect; never has been. But let's imagine a purely hypothetical situation here. Given that most of us, to at least some degree, have opinions, political, social, cultural etc. If we All decided to bring along a banner to reinforce our opinions at a game involving Celtic: and those opinions clashed; is one anymore a Celtic supporter than the other?
I've stated my outlook as regard politics; been active for almost all of my adult life.
When I go Paradise though, I'm first and foremost a Celtic supporter ! I KNOW there will be folk who don't agree with my worldview. But we ALL want The Hoops to be successful. Truly a club for all.

Whole can of worms could be released into Noisedom here. Might even be offensive to some......and be perfectly acceptable to others. What am I on about ? Well is it right that a section of our support assume the right to speak for ALL of us when it comes to political matters. Also, is it not reasonable to be mindful of the inevitable financial penalties imposed on our club ?
The world we live in is not perfect; never has been. But let's imagine a purely hypothetical situation here. Given that most of us, to at least some degree, have opinions, political, social, cultural etc. If we All decided to bring along a banner to reinforce our opinions at a game involving Celtic: and those opinions clashed; is one anymore a Celtic supporter than the other?
I've stated my outlook as regard politics; been active for almost all of my adult life.
When I go Paradise though, I'm first and foremost a Celtic supporter ! I KNOW there will be folk who don't agree with my worldview. But we ALL want The Hoops to be successful. Truly a club for all.
Agree way all of your post frank,am of the same opinion!but my gripe is the double standards at play here,eufa like blowing their trumpet when it suits there agenda,if the Shakhtar fans held a banner saying fuck Russia you think they would be investigated?not a chance,and only cause there trying to curry favour way the European nations,(the brown envelope gang),a think!and it’s only my suspiciously furtive mind at work,that somecunt in old Blighty has drawn there attention to us(celtic)and away from the Masonic bastards over the road,why else would they not be lookin into there misdeeds last Night?

But you see, UEFA do not allow for any political statements or actions. Of course this is the same organisation that has been so heavily involved in political actions against Russia throughout 2022. Now I wouldn't say they were wrong in taking these actions but they either have to stick to their own rules as well. They are corrupt bastards.
It’s the old do as I say not as I do

I got an Uber at the weekend driven by a Muslim person from Morocco who knew all about Celtic (I had my jersey on) due to fan support for Palestine. That support cost the club a few quid in fines but gained us unfathomable goodwill throughout the world.
I don't agree with everything the GB has done; particularly the 'Rodgers at work' shite and I could name a number of songs should be removed from the songbook imo.
'Fuck the crown' though, I've no issue with that and I think those who would take issue would be a minority within the Celtic support, although not the boardroom unfortunately.
Celtic are a club born of genocide and oppression, commissioned by the crown.
Lest we forget.

There was a time when I would’ve agreed with you 100% Frank. Recently everything has become politicised / weaponised by those with the media levers in their hand. Football grounds are now one of the few places that organised dissent can still be truly visible. With that in mind I support their actions recently. I don’t always agree nor do I presume that they are / believe they are speaking for all of our support. I believe they are representing the views of their organisation and it’s members. I know nothing of how the GB works but I’d wager their membership feel more democratically represented than many citizens of the UK.

There was a time when I would’ve agreed with you 100% Frank. Recently everything has become politicised / weaponised by those with the media levers in their hand. Football grounds are now one of the few places that organised dissent can still be truly visible. With that in mind I support their actions recently. I don’t always agree nor do I presume that they are / believe they are speaking for all of our support. I believe they are representing the views of their organisation and it’s members. I know nothing of how the GB works but I’d wager their membership feel more democratically represented than many citizens of the UK.
My own opinions fall pretty much in line with those regularly expressed by the GB, so it's not something that particularly bothers me TTQtKK. I just think there has to be some recognition that there are folk who have a very different outlook, but love this club every bit as much as I do.
And yes, the hypocrisy from the powers that be is truly nauseating at times.

I got an Uber at the weekend driven by a Muslim person from Morocco who knew all about Celtic (I had my jersey on) due to fan support for Palestine. That support cost the club a few quid in fines but gained us unfathomable goodwill throughout the world.
I don't agree with everything the GB has done; particularly the 'Rodgers at work' shite and I could name a number of songs should be removed from the songbook imo.
'Fuck the crown' though, I've no issue with that and I think those who would take issue would be a minority within the Celtic support, although not the boardroom unfortunately.
Celtic are a club born of genocide and oppression, commissioned by the crown.
Lest we forget.
That's why I love to hear The Fields of Athenry at our games. If anybody takes offence at that,then, it's they themselves who have a problem. A VERY solid historical connection!
Not for a minute am I suggesting that we forget who we are and where we came from. Absolutely not: that, to me, would be a betrayal.

My own opinions fall pretty much in line with those regularly expressed by the GB, so it's not something that particularly bothers me TTQtKK. I just think there has to be some recognition that there are folk who have a very different outlook, but love this club every bit as much as I do.
And yes, the hypocrisy from the powers that be is truly nauseating at times.
Morning Frank, I get what you're saying and you're doing that (recognition of all) in a balanced manner as always.

Think I am becoming more militant as I get older; our politeness / apathy doesn't seem to have achieved much in the last 20+ years.

Anyway bring on the buddies and hopefully another beautiful Sunday. HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back