'Famous for its noise. Now infamous for its silence,' Channel 4's Alex Thomson's latest

By their very nature paedophiles have been drawn to places like schools, churches, chapels, clubs, games and activities that involve children. They are masters of manipulation and build trust amongst other adults and are skilled at duping adults to trust them. Peter Tobin helping in the church is a classic example whilst some poor man in West Lothian was hounded his entire life as a suspect of Tobin's evil.

There were various community clubs the length of the UK where these people operated. It is also overlooked too often that the people who have trusted them are left deeply ashamed. These sex offenders create victims at many levels. They operate in a different world from the average human being. I recall a friend who works with these people telling me how many targeted adverts in singles club columns in Newspapers. "Single woman 35 years, likes cinema. Looking for partner must like children". After a few months the lady is going out with her pals whilst Mr Charming is watching the weans. Parents, Teachers, Partners, Priests, Vicars, Club officials - must be deeply ashamed when they realise that these people have befriended them and operated under their noses. It must be mental carnage, anger and guilt for the poor victims - terrible.

My fear with the Scottish Press as they will skew this link to Catholicism and Celtic FC regardless of Mr Thomson's intentions to do otherwise. I would rather see a documentary engaging clubs and organisations in what actions they are doing to protect young people (regardless of their beliefs) in the future. The sensationalism of the growing number of these documentaries is all very well but if Mr Thomson does not want silence why not engage people in what they are doing for the future as opposed to apportioning blame for the past.

I've every faith this will be an open report covering all aspects of abuse across every area of scottish football
anything less would be appauling , this should be brought out into the open and be transparent to all

Yes were named that has been known for years and the perpetrators ,delt with by the courts for there actions at Celtic boys club and rightly so

Just as others have pointed out that's one part of the jigsaw puzzle and their will be many spread throughout the threads of scottish football , some will be hidden even stifled from ever seeing the light of day ,it's been done before others will be new names to us

whoever it may be they should face the full force of the law

And for those who revel in child abuse , sing about it at games and run 200 odd pages on websites lauding what they perseve as they are one's who have brought justice for the victims and for scottish football , the very victims they trample over to point score

I hope this investigation leaves no stone unturned and i hope its a FULL investigation

I'm surprised at his approach. I'd have expected it from others but I've held him in high regard. I'll of course wait for the content but the preamble is a concern. Lacks class given the subject matter.
Yep agree the way he is teasing it out bit shite tbh but as you say we will see after several other clickbait headlines what his article actually contains not criticisen the basis of the story but leaving a bad taste , get the truth telt if guilty bastards are out there get them dealt with ASAP and stop pandering to the certain groups agendas 👍👍

Something that oft goes unrecognised is just how much at the forefront Celtic were in ensuring that appropriate background checks (such as PVG and enhanced disclosure checks) were properly undertaken in the aftermath of earlier revelations.

Many charitable organisations have benefitted from endorsement by Celtic and it would seem that all measures are adequately taken to ensure that not even the associated taint of impropriety will be used as a weapon against our club.

That does not help those who were historically damaged by the vile specimens who used tenuous associations to tarnish our name, but if one positive thing is to come from this, then it is in the fact that Celtic will not lend their name to anything that has not been properly vetted and tested.

I genuinely hope that the survivors find solace, comfort and compensation for their suffering. I also genuinely hope that they are not abused yet again in the pursuit of salacious headlines and tabloid sensationalism.
"I genuinely hope that the survivors find solace, comfort and compensation for their suffering. I also genuinely hope that they are not abused yet again in the pursuit of salacious headlines and tabloid sensationalism".

Spot on. That has to be the concern with this. Every time even the slightest thing arises it is relived. 'watch this space' Really??
Doesn't give you much hope they see these survivors as anything more than an extra in their soap opera.

You sure you didn't read it :)
When i read it Niall i thought wow this is an eye opener you never fully understand the care and support that goes on in the background by the people like yoursel and SP , hats off to you guys you do a remarkable job , one that takes a lot of mental toughness to see you through from week to week 🍀👋👋👋 🍀

One thing we need to remember regardless how this turns out. If mistakes were made by board members, then that ain't the support, the players, or other board members who have been left to deal with it.
If anyone that's serious about Celtic doesn't get behind this100% should look themselves in the mirror with shame. Your spot on TV it's nothing to do with fans, players present board, but if it was known and covered up by past people representing the Club there should be no hiding place. Irrespective of what they thought for the greater good.
There is no defence,as I've stated before full transparency and the application of justice nothing less.

lets no get confused wae the sun and records agenda here...im gettin pretty fucked off wae the constant celtic bashin on this subject while ignorin whit happened across the city...gordon neely wiz described as bein the saville a scottish football by one of his victims...these headlines are designed tae do f all but still paint celtic as the only club involved to the hard of thinkin....when the fuck is celtic gonni ban these scum bags..rangers..hibs..partick thistle n dundee utd are club to name few....this is another sly attack on our club

lets no get confused wae the sun and records agenda here...im gettin pretty fucked off wae the constant celtic bashin on this subject while ignorin whit happened across the city...gordon neely wiz described as bein the saville a scottish football by one of his victims...these headlines are designed tae do f all but still paint celtic as the only club involved to the hard of thinkin....when the fuck is celtic gonni ban these scum bags..rangers..hibs..partick thistle n dundee utd are club to name few....this is another sly attack on our club
This is not about whataboutry! This is about systematically trying to silence victims! Fucking let the truth be heard once and for all and don't think it's all about Celtic.Other clubs are complicit in this that's for them to answer to.

Well said and welcome,this site is much better than Forrests blog! ☘

This is not about whataboutry! This is about systematically trying to silence victims! Fucking let the truth be heard once and for all and don't think it's all about Celtic.Other clubs are complicit in this that's for them to answer to.
Don't think it's whataboutry Galway,think it's about our club being on the back foot since Fergus left HH

Latest posts

Back