'Famous for its noise. Now infamous for its silence,' Channel 4's Alex Thomson's latest

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's looking like the tin hats time with this. Our media will go to town on this. Regardless of what other teams do or did does not remove us from the cross hairs of the scope. It's like a guy up in court trying to say, well yes I did rob that bank, but loads of people have robbed banks. That wouldn't change his position or sentence. I just hope that our legal advice and actions taken can show we acted properly. If not, then we will have taken an awful situation and made it worse. Not looking forward to this at all.

We don't walk around with blinkers here. We want justice for all of those who have had their lives shattered by abuse and we want retribution for ALL those who perpetrated the abuse.

I'm sorry to be singing the same old song, but these horrific acts were/are NOT colour coded and any investigation worth its salt will have to peek into every nook, crannie and crevice for the evidence at hand.

If it can be found hidden in the corridors of Parkhead, then so be it. However - the only relevant way to give a voice to all victims, is to seek the evidence wherever it may be and without thought for those who it may offend.

NO stone unturned, Alex. Do your due diligence and make sure that your investigation is thorough, comprehensive and watertight.

NO conjecture or speculation........solid evidence will suffice.

I think it's looking like the tin hats time with this. Our media will go to town on this. Regardless of what other teams do or did does not remove us from the cross hairs of the scope. It's like a guy up in court trying to say, well yes I did rob that bank, but loads of people have robbed banks. That wouldn't change his position or sentence. I just hope that our legal advice and actions taken can show we acted properly. If not, then we will have taken an awful situation and made it worse. Not looking forward to this at all.
Full transparency, and accountability nothing less. It's least the victims deserve time has no limit for justice. Only people with a sick sense glee at this horrendous episode and faux outrage will use this as some sort of victory against the club,me personally want this dealt with whatever the outcome and the perpetrators hammered.

'Famous for its noise. Now infamous for its silence,' Channel 4's Alex Thomson's latest Tweet...

This isn't just an issue in Scottish football. It's a problem worldwide with these sick people. It doesn't target Scottish football. An asshole with an agenda methinks.

This isn't just an issue in Scottish football. It's a problem worldwide with these sick people. It doesn't target Scottish football. An asshole with an agenda methinks.
It is a world wide problem, but the last time I looked we are in the world. The Scouts of America is about to cease to be, due to litigation and massive compensation payments involving hundreds of cases brought. These things happen all over and to many institutions, the problem most who have been hammered have so through trying to cover stuff up. Which makes the situation so much worse. We don't know how the club has dealt with our issues caused by CBC. My understanding is we have kept to the line that org wasn't Celtic. I hope if that is the case it is watertight, but if it was why would Thompson look into it? I don't believe he has an agenda against us, if there is a story it will come out, I just hope we took all appropriate steps to show we did everything possible to deal with it. If we didn't, then that will not be a good place to be. We just need to wait and hope. That tweet though suggests the contrary to me. If he had found nothing I don't think that statement would have been made about silence, and that to me is ominous. Just need to wait and see what transpires. The bottom line though is, regardless of the old Rangers having problems too, does not mean we get a bye if it is found we could have acted differently.

The victims and their families must be put number one in this process. This is a massive moral issue and therfore total trasparency, honesty and empathy for those who suffered has to be ensured.
Celtic have always stood up for right and justice. This evil and its perpetrators have to be faced up to and brought to justice for their heinous crimes.
It is an evil that transcends football.
I have every confidence that Celtic and its supporters will stand up and be counted on this issue

By their very nature paedophiles have been drawn to places like schools, churches, chapels, clubs, games and activities that involve children. They are masters of manipulation and build trust amongst other adults and are skilled at duping adults to trust them. Peter Tobin helping in the church is a classic example whilst some poor man in West Lothian was hounded his entire life as a suspect of Tobin's evil.

There were various community clubs the length of the UK where these people operated. It is also overlooked too often that the people who have trusted them are left deeply ashamed. These sex offenders create victims at many levels. They operate in a different world from the average human being. I recall a friend who works with these people telling me how many targeted adverts in singles club columns in Newspapers. "Single woman 35 years, likes cinema. Looking for partner must like children". After a few months the lady is going out with her pals whilst Mr Charming is watching the weans. Parents, Teachers, Partners, Priests, Vicars, Club officials - must be deeply ashamed when they realise that these people have befriended them and operated under their noses. It must be mental carnage, anger and guilt for the poor victims - terrible.

My fear with the Scottish Press as they will skew this link to Catholicism and Celtic FC regardless of Mr Thomson's intentions to do otherwise. I would rather see a documentary engaging clubs and organisations in what actions they are doing to protect young people (regardless of their beliefs) in the future. The sensationalism of the growing number of these documentaries is all very well but if Mr Thomson does not want silence why not engage people in what they are doing for the future as opposed to apportioning blame for the past.

By their very nature paedophiles have been drawn to places like schools, churches, chapels, clubs, games and activities that involve children. They are masters of manipulation and build trust amongst other adults and are skilled at duping adults to trust them. Peter Tobin helping in the church is a classic example whilst some poor man in West Lothian was hounded his entire life as a suspect of Tobin's evil.

There were various community clubs the length of the UK where these people operated. It is also overlooked too often that the people who have trusted them are left deeply ashamed. These sex offenders create victims at many levels. They operate in a different world from the average human being. I recall a friend who works with these people telling me how many targeted adverts in singles club columns in Newspapers. "Single woman 35 years, likes cinema. Looking for partner must like children". After a few months the lady is going out with her pals whilst Mr Charming is watching the weans. Parents, Teachers, Partners, Priests, Vicars, Club officials - must be deeply ashamed when they realise that these people have befriended them and operated under their noses. It must be mental carnage, anger and guilt for the poor victims - terrible.

My fear with the Scottish Press as they will skew this link to Catholicism and Celtic FC regardless of Mr Thomson's intentions to do otherwise. I would rather see a documentary engaging clubs and organisations in what actions they are doing to protect young people (regardless of their beliefs) in the future. The sensationalism of the growing number of these documentaries is all very well but if Mr Thomson does not want silence why not engage people in what they are doing for the future as opposed to apportioning blame for the past.
Brilliant post. On the money entirely.

Members online

Latest posts

Back