Fans allowed back in stadiums

No one can accurately predict what will happen in the future. We have to use our imagination. Hoping and wishing does not change what will happen. It simply stops us plunging into despair. Anxiety is caused by having a mistaken belief and then making the mistake of believing it. Be glad that there will most likely be a game at Rugby Park at the weekend. 3 points are vital. I'll take a scrappy last minute winner if need be but 3 points are crucial. I assume that I will not be at Celtic Park ALL season. There are no options to leave NZ. If you get to see Celtic play live then you are lucky to live close by. Focus on the simple fact that we are the best team in Scotland and if we play to our potential then we will beat everyone.

Problem is they are being made and more worryingly so are the fakes that are now flooding the market. Call me a nut but I looked at the prices of an equivalent 10 pack as I was going to use them for a metal working project as fine particle ppe. Didn't bother buying at the time and looked back and the price exploded as soon as covid hit.
They are now too expensive to dish out unless you work in a cushtie private sector.

I mind my old man told me of a story when a bag of chips was 5p. There was a rot so the chips went up to 20p. The next crop was fine but the chips were still 20p.
They still cost pennies to make but companies can charge the earth.
I hear you and your old man was right. I remember that too. I know they will take the piss, but what im.saying is the gov should have them made to the spec you quoted and give them to us.

Second aberdeen player tests positive,apparently they were in the boozers on saturday,St. Johnstone game in doubt,so it begins?
Said this would happen weeks ago, is the rule not something like you can ask for a game to be postponed if 5-6 1st team players are ill? If the infected player has come into contact the the rest of the squad, should the squad not have to self isolate for 2 weeks? That’s it started, it’s opened a whole can of worms.....the null and void brigade are going to have a field day with this, it’s the huns best chance of stopping 10IAR 😡

Second aberdeen player tests positive,apparently they were in the boozers on saturday,St. Johnstone game in doubt,so it begins?
The Aberdeen outbreak is actually from 2 weekends ago with infected people in at least 32 licensed premises! It hasn't taken into account the absolute madness from this weekend just past where drunken arseholes (obviously some of whom were covid positive) threw social distancing completely out the window. The worst offending bar is also one where the Aberdeen players & management often hang out so no surprises that some of them are infected.

I say, call the league now and award us our title!!!

Last edited:
The Aberdeen outbreak is actually from 2 weekends ago with infected people in at least 32 licensed premises! It hasn't taken into account the absolute madness from this weekend just past where drunken arseholes (obviously some of whom were covid positive) threw social distancing completely out the window. The worst offending bar is also one where the Aberdeen players & management often hang out so no surprises that some of them are infected.

I say, call the league now and award us our title!!!
maybe we could collect *🌟 * to go with the big star on our strip

I'm currently wearing the shite ones at work as well. I'm spending a lot of time adjusting the itchy, warm can't breathe contraptions probably defeating the purpose.
Sounded like a twat above and I'll hold my hands up to it.
I've seen it first hand where the public have became careless just because of a bit if cloth.
The virus has taken lives but isn't as deadly to a large percentage of the population.
It's a concern that certain spikes could be avoided with a little more care.
A little more care keeps us on track to keeping business open and everyone staying employed and afloat
You can buy ones that have a pouch for holding a carbon filter. Very comfy, don't know if they are rated for viruses but the filters are good enough for small diesel particulates. Better than just a cotton thing

If you are a Scottish football player and a professional then you have to safeguard your teammates. You have to stay in a safety bubble. That means not being near people in a bar, nightclub or supermarket or mall. That means staying in your home, your car the training ground and the stadium. That's all. If not, then your team may have to forfeit matches or play with youths who have behaved like professionals. These are unprecedented days and managers have to be ruthless in making players stick to the health rules that are required. Getting COVID as a player is due to rendering yourself unfit for work by choosing to be in an unsafe place and you should be docked pay.

If you are a Scottish football player and a professional then you have to safeguard your teammates. You have to stay in a safety bubble. That means not being near people in a bar, nightclub or supermarket or mall. That means staying in your home, your car the training ground and the stadium. That's all. If not, then your team may have to forfeit matches or play with youths who have behaved like professionals. These are unprecedented days and managers have to be ruthless in making players stick to the health rules that are required. Getting COVID as a player is due to rendering yourself unfit for work by choosing to be in an unsafe place and you should be docked pay.

Totally agree doc.

But to take that amount of responsibility would require players to be paid basic salaries of a few grand every week!!! 🤔

Johnny Hayes is playing for a season with his wages deferred for a year so must be raging at them!

Last edited:
I can assure you that in New Zealand if we had the same COVID situation that you have in Scotland then I believe that every single All Black member would comply with whatever health restrictions the team manager imposed. That's despite not earning vast money. It's all about taking personal responsibility and accepting that there is no I in team. The team is more important than any player.

Back