Farewell and best of luck to PC Lustig

And he'll be replaced by whom for the CL qualifiers? Ralston's carrying an injury. Toejam's fucked-off and was useless anyway.

Criminal negligence in squad management with the first CL qualifier four weeks away. Finger out yer arse, Lawwell and get the incumbent player business at hand sorted first.
To be fair Sandman, the transfer window only opened today. If we still don't have a RB in a couple of weeks time to give him time to settle in before we start the qualifiers then we will all be screaming blue murder. Personally I would have kept Lustig as backup but he may have been demanding too much for his last real payday as a player.

And he'll be replaced by whom for the CL qualifiers? Ralston's carrying an injury. Toejam's fucked-off and was useless anyway.

Criminal negligence in squad management with the first CL qualifier four weeks away. Finger out yer arse, Lawwell and get the incumbent player business at hand sorted first.
I have similar concerns mate. Was it summer or crimbo we had a 8m bid confirmed knock back for that castagne lad and he has went on to be a proper player after being a bit part for the first half of the season. 12m they wanted. Italians know a defender. I'd be surprised if the lad will go for anything less than 18 now.
If we were punting in that £ market back then we need to again. One of LCs golden ones that got away. Who knows if there were more? ... I'd rather not know tbh.
HH Lustig you will never have to buy a pint in this country again my friend.

PC Lustig memories...I loved the big, mad, mental bastard (said with 100% affection)
1) Policeman's hat (obviously)
2) Having a go at Neymar (seems to be a thing among our right backs) ;-)
3) The busted beach ball, on his napper when we skelped the HUNS, as he ran past the great Govan Messiah 'Joey Bunter' (remember him ? Not many do)
To name a few...
Scored some great goals, headers, dribbling then shot...he wears the crest, on his heart
WIll always be welcome at Celtic Park
I'd liked to have seen him stay but wasn't to be
Best to him and his family, he did us proud, over the years
HH Micah
YNWA

Last edited:
Seems he’s not happy about something. How things were handled by the club.

You can understand if Celtic were keeping him but on the cheap. So he’s good enough if he’s cheap enough?

I believe as much as i like Lustig, he’s getting spanked on pace, its the nature of the beast with age and injuries unfortunately.

For me, its right that he went, but that said i will always have huge respect for him and his contribution to our 10iar

You can understand if Celtic were keeping him but on the cheap. So he’s good enough if he’s cheap enough?

I believe as much as i like Lustig, he’s getting spanked on pace, its the nature of the beast with age and injuries unfortunately.

For me, its right that he went, but that said i will always have huge respect for him and his contribution to our 10iar

There’s no doubt the big man is done if we want to progress. There’s no way he would be on the same money to be back up. That’s just the way it would be.

Back