Faroe Islands v Scotland

After the Israel game I thought I'd have a look at this game today
Brutal doesn't cover the first half
No finish in front of goal, and if it wasn't for Craig Gordon, Scotland would be down 2 or goals
Is Steve Clarke the new Ally McLeod ?
These games are vital to us getting into the playoffs, but as usual the team looks disjointed and fair play to the faroes, they're looking good and having a go
Come on Scotland FFS
Looking good and having a go sums them up perfectly D Faroes that is. We beaten far better sides in this group and beating Israel and Austria were great results. I had a feeling that after the elation of the 3-2 israel game we'd be brought back down to earth and we really were. Gordon at his absolute best tonight not sure Hart or the others could've made some of those saves. We win in Austria , then beat Israel in a thriller and Clarke decides to replace nisbet with Christie up front? Why ? Use our winning team especially against one of our bogey sides. Fraser I rate as a player but look at what happened when Scotland brought on nisbet, mcgregor and Patterson. They all played in the big games why leave them out? Is it because it's only the faroe islands? Big mistake cant write anyone off. Almost paid for it past Scotland sides havent had that talent on the bench like we have now I thought 1 nil then I hoped 1 nil then I prayed 1 nil and it came , VARs been our friend so far expect it to stab Us in the back soon. Clarkes " we can shuffle and rest players " mentality almost cost that game I'd be gutted were I a faroe fan. Just that we bit extra on the bench which is another reason it should return to 3. Well pleased and relieved by the result but not the performance we struggle when we have to break sides down, sound familiar ? Moldova the side even the faroes beat are next but weve lost a lot of 1st choice names will be interesting to see who he plays. Watching Celtic or Scotland can be a traumatic experience 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Looking good and having a go sums them up perfectly D Faroes that is. We beaten far better sides in this group and beating Israel and Austria were great results. I had a feeling that after the elation of the 3-2 israel game we'd be brought back down to earth and we really were. Gordon at his absolute best tonight not sure Hart or the others could've made some of those saves. We win in Austria , then beat Israel in a thriller and Clarke decides to replace nisbet with Christie up front? Why ? Use our winning team especially against one of our bogey sides. Fraser I rate as a player but look at what happened when Scotland brought on nisbet, mcgregor and Patterson. They all played in the big games why leave them out? Is it because it's only the faroe islands? Big mistake cant write anyone off. Almost paid for it past Scotland sides havent had that talent on the bench like we have now I thought 1 nil then I hoped 1 nil then I prayed 1 nil and it came , VARs been our friend so far expect it to stab Us in the back soon. Clarkes " we can shuffle and rest players " mentality almost cost that game I'd be gutted were I a faroe fan. Just that we bit extra on the bench which is another reason it should return to 3. Well pleased and relieved by the result but not the performance we struggle when we have to break sides down, sound familiar ? Moldova the side even the faroes beat are next but weve lost a lot of 1st choice names will be interesting to see who he plays. Watching Celtic or Scotland can be a traumatic experience 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Dykes, despite his scoring record for Scotland the past 5 games, is a donkey
A bang average player, who outmuscled big Jullien a couple of years ago, apart from that, a plodder, his first touch is usually his last as it bounces off him and out of play
CalMac has to be a starter every game for Scotland
As you said, we got lucky, and even VAR couldn't tell if it was a handball or not, but we'll take it
Our full backs are great, with Robertson, KT and young Patterson, all worthy of a starting place, but our centre halves are dire
As for McTominay, he plays for Man Utd, hence he starts, Hendry, brilliant in the belgian league, but another donkey
Craig Gordon, not good enough to keep at Celtic, but keeping Scotland in games with incredible reflex saves
At times tonight, the faroes were stroking the ball about like the old Barcelona, and they should have scored at least 2 tonight
Oh well, as much as I say I don't watch Scotland, that's two games on the trot where 'my arse has been making buttons' (as my granny used to say)
Maybe with Christie and Dykes out we'll see some good changes made, because our nerves can't take much more of that crap
You can only ride on your luck for so long, then it comes crashing back to reality

"Oh flower of....FUCK AFF !!!"

After the Israel game I thought I'd have a look at this game today
Brutal doesn't cover the first half
No finish in front of goal, and if it wasn't for Craig Gordon, Scotland would be down 2 or goals
Is Steve Clarke the new Ally McLeod ?
These games are vital to us getting into the playoffs, but as usual the team looks disjointed and fair play to the faroes, they're looking good and having a go
Come on Scotland FFS
We don't have the squad to rotate the midfield like he did last nite mctominay for me just doesn't do enuf in the middle of the park u cud see we missed McGregor in there

Last edited:
We don't have the squad to rotate the midfield like he did last nite mctominay for me just doesn't do enuf in the middle of the park u cud see we missed McGregor in there
Aye but Mctominey plays for man utd so must be better? Not by a long shot, I think the elation of the israel game that could easily have gone the other way Clarke allowed himself to be caught up in it. Thought he could play not our strongest XI because it's the Faroe islands and israel won there 4nil or something. That's astonishing if it's the case for the Israel result meant nothing had we not won that game. Of course we should be able to play anyone in our squad and win , on paper but the games not played on paper its played on an artificial surface in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. I dont like the more than 3 subs rule it gives huge advantage and did for us last night , 4 subs , 68 min Hendry off for McGregor, 83rd min and leaving it late to use our advantage , Fraser out Patterson in and Christie out Nisbet in a double substitution the game had been crying out for 2 out and out strikers not Christie as a striker I dont blame him for underperforming in whats not his position. 90min soon as VAR gives the goal gilmour is sacrificed for cooper. Gilmours done well for Scotland but cant get a game for Norwich much yet Clarke is all about you must be playing regularly for your club wonder how Armstrong or Turnbull likes that , they have been regular starters for soton and Celtic. I'm nitpicking sure we got the 3pts but could've been 2down and totally on the run of play. We cannot underestimate any side if our best XI are available then they have to play regardless of who we play. Were getting better the table doesn't lie but its young Scotland and we need to patient with them , that doesn't mean resting our main men at a venue that's shocked a few nations us twice and many better than us have failed to perform there.

Last edited:
Back