Fast attacking football

Of course, it helps when you have a midfield. We didn't have a midfield against Sevco. Our midfield was trapped behind the Sevco 4 man midfield for most of the game, yet Lennon didn't do a thing to change it. Football players aren't robots. Lennon keeps on saying that he's 'keeping B*****n's style' in place until the end of the season, out of a will to not upset the apple cart, so to speak. But I really just don't buy it. For the first two or three games, maybe. But what we're playing now is way worse than what we played under the Snake. Sure, we had poor periods under him, but that run we had last year, where we scored 20 goals in 4 league games, won the league cup and beat RB Leipzig was a spell of truly excellent football, while, most damaging to us in my opinion, our form up until the game the snake left was domestically excellent.

But I don't attach full blame to Lennon: I think our current lack of form is a mixture of genuine burnout itself linked to the actions of the snake. The manner of his leaving, like a thief in the night, has ripped our team to shreds emotionally and thus in terms of confidence. That we still managed to win the league, including the only Glasgow derby that mattered, as well as get to the Scottish cup final is testament to our players. But the Glasgow derby loss on Sunday was a tactical disaster and the fact Lennon won't own up to that is worrying as fuck and just underlines my conviction that we need new blood in the hotseat.

And I say that with zero disrespect for Lennon - the man is getting pelters from some people that I'd expect to hear from Zombies. People insinuating, without knowing, that he was entirely to blame for whatever happened at Hibs (Neil's always to blame for everything, eh?), as well as even rubbishing his past triumphs (did you read James Forrest rubbishing our victory over Barca under Lennon for being 'too negative'?). Like most people on here, we can disagree with Lennon getting the job full time without sinking to Sevco levels of abuse or any abuse at all to a man whose entire life in Scotland has centred around abuse.

Members online

Back