Favourite 2 Players you never saw enough of

Sands81

A lot to name but my 2 favourites belwo

Andy Thom
Marc Reiper

Would have loved to get both earlier and keep them longer! Great memories of both Thom goal against 3:3 and reiper header 3:0 final at castle grey skull vs DDU when Hampden was getting built!

Reactions: TET
Was in the Rangers end that night when he scored against Real Madrid ....what a goal never to be forgotten ‘
I remember it as if it was yesterday..that said not so sure he was legend material...but he was taken from us way way too soon
RIP Johnny[/QUOTE

Unfortunately never got to see him play! My dad loved him and spoke very highly of him.. RIP ?

Some great shouts.

Outwith the lions the two I’d have loved to have seen, even once, was Johnny Doyle and George Connelly.

The two I didn’t see enough of were Paul McStay and Paul Elliott.

Unfortunately Elliott didn’t stay long, and The Maestro retired around a season after I properly started going to the games.

Some great shouts.

Outwith the lions the two I’d have loved to have seen, even once, was Johnny Doyle and George Connelly.

The two I didn’t see enough of were Paul McStay and Paul Elliott.

Unfortunately Elliott didn’t stay long, and The Maestro retired around a season after I properly started going to the games.
Good choices mate ? lucky enough to have seen plenty of the maestro!

Was in the Rangers end that night when he scored against Real Madrid ....what a goal never to be forgotten ‘
I remember it as if it was yesterday..that said not so sure he was legend material...but he was taken from us way way too soon
RIP Johnny
Was at the game you mentioned packed in like sardines Celtic end. Legend in my book for the simple reason Celtic man thru in thru.
Also the alleged "stamp" ....my kind of 'tic man!?

Loved wee Lubo and though he was 33 when he arrived he stayed for 5 years believe it or not.. agreed I was dreading that game due to our form tae! Btw I named my dog Lubo ??
Imagine Lubo pitched up now at 21 years of age at Man Yoo or Chelsea . Eden Hazard eat your heart out!
Lubo would have been absolutely mega!
Brilliant player!
Him and Larsson in the same team.. withmjallby and co at the back I could cry looking at what we have now

100% agree! 3-0 game at ipox was unreal.. I couldn’t get a ticket for Celtic end but managed to get one for huns end east enclosure, I had to leave before I was lynched ???????

Try not to smile,jump out your seat or join in the singing not easy when you are skidding then in they’re own midden (I wouldn’t recommend it ) lol

George Connelly,against the dark empire in the Scottish cup final, 4-0 and against leeds at elland road in the "battle of Britain" European cup semi final, also, can't remember who we were playing,but young George was introduced to the crowd bywalking round the track playing keepy up!

Would loved to have Paulo Di Canio for a few more years, incredibly skillful player with astonishing ball skills! He was completely mental with dubious facist leanings but what a player! Would also liked to hang onto Fraser Forster for a while too, wonderful agile shot-stopper with a forehead that keeps the rain off his boots ?

John Thomson and Jimmy McGrory would have had to have been my choice, no need to say why the history tells us enough.

Only going for players ive saw in the flesh but not for long enough,paul elliot is one,would have loved to see him in a strong celtic team,the other is lubo,can only imagine how good if we had been able to get him at 25 say,lucky to have had him the years we did.Genius end of.

Robbie Keane - would have racked up some goal tally if we could have got him for the following season.

V. Wanyama - was gone in a flash, but what an impact he made in that short time.

Members online

Latest posts

Back