Favourite 2 Players you never saw enough of

2 players I saw but wish i’d seen a lot more of are George Connolly and Brian McLaughlin (70s version). Could have been 2 of the all time greats but............
2 players I never saw but wish I did were Patsy Gallagher and Charlie Tully based on stories from my granda

Paul McStay the finest passer of a football i ever saw and that is not my green and white blinkers talking!
Lubomir Moravcik the most gifted footballer techinically i ever saw in the flesh

Joe McBride......he would have broken all sorts of records had he not been so unfortunate with injury..considering that Jock bought Willie Wallace to replace him and he was like a Scottish Gerti Muller....Joe would have been the best in the world in my opinion.

Not sure I would class them as my favourite players but I would rather we had held onto them for a few more seasons.

Wanyama
Viduka

My favourite player when i was young was Di Canio but his political leanings after he ahd gone put me right off him.

But at the time he played I was sad to lose him. Would have loved to see him and Larsson in same team.

According to my Dad, I missed out seeing Bobby Murdoch , he describes him as having everything you needed to be a complete midfielder....A few work colleagues are Teesiders and he’s very highly regarded by Middlesbrough fans also. For me it’s Di Canio, sublime skill, extreme passion and goals. I’ll always remember him threatening to snap Ian Ferguson in two.

Aye, you missed the great Bobby Murdoch, he was a tank. Di Canio was certainly one of the most skillfull players to wear the hoops.

Would have tae be Jinky & Bertie, the game that is etched in my memory of Jinky was the European Cup Semi Final 1st leg v Athletico Madrid at Paradise, they kicked fuck out the wee man that night, he just got up &, went at them again & again my Da spent the entire match screaming at the Madrid bench 'Hijo de Puta' (Spanish for Son of a whore) think most of the main stand lower were screaming it by the end of the match

Back