Favourite beverage.

First off has to be the drink of the gods , water , which I dont drink enough of. I like a rum and pep a drink my da used to have though if I ask for this in most pubs these days I'll be asked " what Pepsi?" Seems to be an older generation thing but its delicious. Like a good malt as well as a whyte and McKay. Coffee or tea in morning will do I also like to drink a hot malt occasionally at night passed from my ma. I've kind of went off the booze somewhat compared to 5or6 years ago and struggled to drink lagers and beers so I've been trying out the wee craft beers but can only drink so much. Gone right off cider unless it's the tasty koppernburg flavours but can only drink a couple. My favourite drink is a draught lager and a whisky or rum chaser in the pub surrounded by my fellow Tim's. Something I've not been able to do much of , of late. Last time was the smiddy on dumbarton road and I had a pint of peroni as Kyogo scored against the AZ that's the ideal situation for me now HH

The Arkleston Inn in 1971 (on Paisley road West, if memory serves me correctly)
There were about 5 of us, in the whole place, including the barman, so I left after a couple, and went to rendezvous, with a young maiden from The Figie Park area
Renfrew, after Greenock, was like Monaco back in the day
Think you may mean the Argosy bar Dill, that's on PRW. As Shammy says the pub you mention is more or less on the Paisley/Renfrew boundary.

Never knew it was full of huns mate but id say they were well outnumbered in that area surely?Mind giving Gourock YAC a few doins when i played in the Paisley District league.
i think the winds of our 9 swept through the place
it used to be Gourock was not a friendly place for our lot especially on matchdays
times have changed though
There tons of both down here, lets jst say Morton don't get the numbers they should but you tend to find we're numerical in greenock and the port

that park you'd have played is half a mile from me, the darroch park to give it its mantle.
the grass was a good surface.
Aye i'm sure you did, gamblers only talk aboot their wins as they saying goes

i think the winds of our 9 swept through the place
it used to be Gourock was not a friendly place for our lot especially on matchdays
times have changed though
There tons of both down here, lets jst say Morton don't get the numbers they should but you tend to find we're numerical in greenock and the port

that park you'd have played is half a mile from me, the darroch park to give it its mantle.
the grass was a good surface.
Aye i'm sure you did, gamblers only talk aboot their wins as they saying goes
Thats true but Gourock were shite at that time ..no even the mighty Campsie Blackwatch could beat St Peters 😂

Anyhow back to bevy ..on the rare occasion i drink ...i like a peroni or a voddy irn bru ...used tae drink Jack Daniels but spewed ma guts up one night n it put me aff fur life!

I do like to drink on occasion,so, I though I would list my favourites and see if anyone agrees or would like to suggest ( no need to be rood, as if you wood) alternatives. Here we go .......
Beer... Innes and Gunn barrel aged Scottish ale.
IPA..... Williams Brothers Perfect Storm
Malt.... Kilchoman (Islay )
Wine .... Bodegas Caro (Malbec)
Coffee... Venezuelan dark roasted.
Tea ...... Fuck OFF.
so bhoys and ghirls ? You like ?
Not that I can drink any more - mates say I couldnae drink even in my youth - heres my tipples

Beer - Estrella
IPA - Goose Island or Punk IPA
Malt - Lagavulin
Wine - Merlot or Pinot Noir
Coffee - Starbucks Cappucino
Tea - Builders tea!

😄

By no means on my acceptable beverage list but still the thread to post this

blame-it-on-the-bucky_large.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Back